Blair Walsh : "I'm still capable of good things"

Gio

Reaction score
"I didn't help my team today, that's for sure," Walsh said, via ESPN.com. "The thing is, though, is that this is the first time this year where I haven't really come through, and I've got to remember that. As much as it sucks, and as much as I want to be there for my teammates and help us win, I've got to remember that I'm capable of doing good things here."

"Those kicks were all me," he said.

Coach Pete Carroll said that If we had a chance , he would totally count on Blair for the game-winner. That means Blair is not gonna be kicked for now at least.

SlickRick

Reaction score
Wish team would bring in some competition for Blair so he knows his job isn't safe.

This will haunt us in the end, one game we should have won will cost us seeding

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I knew people would be waiting to stomp on the guy after one bad game. But I can't really argue, he was horrific yesterday. So, the Walsh bashers were right. Does it feel good? Sure doesn't for me, and I supported him.

Own The West

Reaction score
Kicking woes solved!

Text from my 74 year old mom after the 2nd miss:

"Where did they get that kicker? I could do it and I wouldn't cost nearly as much."

Not sure if she has the depth or cover skills for kick offs though. ;)

classicaaron

Reaction score
hes just such a head case. I knew once he missed the first kick he wasn't going to make anymore the rest of the game. he would have missed a potential game winner if we got in position. I forget the game he missed his previous kick but the announcers said in that game he practiced kicking the entire half time and missed 6 kicks in a row. he obviously cant get out of his own way. and couldn't he at least miss the 3rd kick to the right by trying to overcompensate the misses to the left, I would have made me feel better.

I hate saying cut a player after a game but I just cant imagine him making an important kick for the hawks. playoffs and superbowls often come down to important field goals. and his mental makeup is so fragile he will certainly crack under the pressure.

Slick

Reaction score
I would hesitate to cut him at this point w/o at least a competition. Bring another guy in to nip at his heels for a week and see if the responds or chokes. Unfortunately, we have our Thursday game so I don't think anything will happen in time for that.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
The problem is they needed to rely on their kicker in a game against a team suiting up 43 players. This should have been a practice game against the JV.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
He hasn't been bad at all for us until today. And frankly, if he hadn't choked that kick for the Vikings against us in last year's playoffs, nobody would have had a problem with the signing at all.

He definitely screwed the pooch yesterday, and it's inexcusable. But I liked the way he handled it, and I'm hopeful he'll rebound.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
Regardless of what he says we need to bring in competition cuz 3 in misses in 1 game in unacceptable

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
As bad as he was, we were up 14-10 with 30 seconds left with a ton of money invested on defense.

That's not on Walsh.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2arimr4o said:
He hasn't been bad at all for us until today. And frankly, if he hadn't choked that kick for the Vikings against us in last year's playoffs, nobody would have had a problem with the signing at all.

He definitely screwed the pooch yesterday, and it's inexcusable. But I liked the way he handled it, and I'm hopeful he'll rebound.

Of course nobody would have a problem if he hadnt lost the game for the vikes. Reality is that he did.

Like saying- "Well, if hoyer would have thrown touchdowns with no interceptions, he would be a good quarterback"-No kidding, but he did throw interceptions and is not a good quarterback.

Fact is, he has one job, and that is to kick a ball through 2 posts. He gets paid millions to do this job. He had 3 chances in this game and missed them ALL. The only reason he was available was because his last team cut him loose for messing up too much in critical positions. Guy is Anti-clutch.

He has issues. Look up the stat on how many kickers have missed three out of 3 field goals in a game. We now have a kicker who is in a special club of horrific kicking stats.

Bring in comp and cut him loose. Doesn't get much worse than what we just saw.

Seymour

Reaction score
blairwitchposter.jpg

Blair walsh seahawks trash talk 09 8 19 17

Bobblehead

Reaction score
The thing is, had he made those previous field goals, or 1 fg, we wouldn't be in the same predicament and who knows how the course of the game would have changed. 3 relatively easy FG's missed has got to be bad for morale and then adds so much pressure on Wilson as now he has got to make TD's cause he knows he can't rely on his kicker anymore.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
He had a bad game. Everyone knows it and he knows it. It happens.

Time to move on.

Exittium

Reaction score
Saying "if he would have made just 1 of those or two of those blah blah blah.. Doesn't matter
If OUR OFFENSE made just 1 of the 3 Touchdowns instead of his kicks it wouldn't be an issue.

Our offense all year has been shit in the red zone REPEATEDLY. They are ALLERGIC to the damn red zone and touchdowns. Blair missed FG 4 this yr? 12 points? Vs How many trips to the red zone where we've left points because they just can't score worth shit. Yesterday alone those 3 trips are 18 points...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Gio":1qdjwc83 said:
"I didn't help my team today, that's for sure," Walsh said, via ESPN.com. "The thing is, though, is that this is the first time this year where I haven't really come through, and I've got to remember that. As much as it sucks, and as much as I want to be there for my teammates and help us win, I've got to remember that I'm capable of doing good things here."

Coach Pete Carroll said that If we had a chance , he would totally count on Blair for the game-winner. That means Blair is not gonna be kicked for now at least.
He just proved that he is also "Quite Capable" of CHOKING a game AWAY also.....This isn't his FIRST time doing exactly that. :141847_bnono:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
scutterhawk":31pug18q said:
Gio":31pug18q said:

He just proved that he is also "Quite Capable" of CHOKING a game AWAY also.....This isn't his FIRST time doing exactly that. :141847_bnono:

It does matter, we were setup to kick 3 field goals, not touch downs. TD is better of course, but we weren't in the position for a TD.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2shnsryb said:
As bad as he was, we were up 14-10 with 30 seconds left with a ton of money invested on defense.

That's not on Walsh.
That score NOT being 17, or 20 or even 23, IS on Walsh.
One miss, Meh-------Two misses, Hmmm-------Three misses, BULLSHIT.