Is this team hungry enough?

Hawkfish

Reaction score
I am getting the feeling watching the Hawks this year that the team just does not have that hunger I've seen in the past. I don't know if everyone is getting paid, older, or what, but not seeing the fire in most players. I see the fire and drive with some players like Bobby and Earl, but kind of see everyone else going through the motions. Maybe it is the effect of this last game on my perspective, but what do think?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Hawkfish":2bktraw9 said:
I am getting the feeling watching the Hawks this year that the team just does not have that hunger I've seen in the past. I don't know if everyone is getting paid, older, or what, but not seeing the fire in most players. I see the fire and drive with some players like Bobby and Earl, but kind of see everyone else going through the motions. Maybe it is the effect of this last game on my perspective, but what do think?

The hungers been gone since the SB loss to the Patriots.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's your opinion, and that's cool. They are plenty hungry, they just got a serious reality check yesterday. They'll learn from it, like they have numerous times.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
What do you think they are going to learn? Its been the samething now going on 2 1/2 seasons.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Not sure how hungry the offensive coaching staff is. Keep calling and planning the same old crap and expect different results.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Its hungry with the team but age, injuries and plays have caught up to the team. And salary cap.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Considering Doug and Russell are the only ones on the offensive side of the ball that were on the team when we won the SB, and that's been this team's major liability so far this year..............yes we should still be plenty hungry.

Have the Hawks turned into paper Lions with the majority of it's stars on the downside of their careers, and has our FO made a huge mistake continuing to hope that they regain their SB's forms awarding them massive contracts soaking up 75% of our salary cap?

Now THAT'S a good question.

chris98251

Reaction score
Offenses need to evolve, you have computers that can take 7 years of play calling and situations and basically tell the DC what your going to do, our offense no matter the players on the field runs the same stuff over and over, it's when a play breaks down and Wilson improvises that things get interesting. A good OC will change up things, give new looks, new wrinkles out of same looks.

Aside from taking advantage of weaknesses of a team which we seem to never do our offense looks and plays the same as it did in Bevells first year.

When week after week we are shut down it usually means that you have been figured out.

We have been figured out to the point teams appear to know where, who and when a play is going to happen.