What did you learn from Sundays game?

Seymour

Reaction score
Many things to learn from this game. Since it is over reaction Monday, I'll begin.

I learned that home field advantage is no longer what it used to be for Seattle. We've seen evidence of this the past 2 seasons, but this game slams that home. I've also learned the Walsh, Wilson, and weather are 3W's that dont play well together.

The road to the SB just got heavily damaged with this loss.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Our OC is the worst in the league, our kicker sucks, and our O-line sucks!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":3cri92v2 said:
The road to the SB just got heavily damaged with this loss.

This I agree with. Stuff like HFA? Teams have figured out how to go silent count and work around the crowd noise. We learned that years ago.

What did I learn yesterday?

- our D is good, but the LOB isn't what they once were. When the pass rush doesn't get home, they get picked apart very easily and have given up more big pass plays this year than every year prior combined.

- I learned that for all the positives about Pete, and there are a lot, his stubbornness with how he wants his offense run is costing us games and opportunities at championships. We have an elite QB in his prime, but he refuses to scheme and playcall to Russell's strengths............and instead continues to "try to get the run game going" wasting valuable possessions until it's too late.

- Our special teams is the most "unspecial" it's been in the Carroll era. To to the point where it's now costing us games. Coverage team sucks, blocks in the back, holding penalties, missed FG's, overpaid punter who can't pin it deep anymore. You name it, special teams does it poorly.

- We no longer have the talent to overcome being one of the most penalizes teams in the league year after year. That's on Pete, his techno dance party practices continue to manifest themselves on gameday into undisciplined and unfocused play killing drive after drive.

KillerB

Reaction score
Wilson is not a good quarterback in cold/wet conditions.
Offensive line remains offensive, but if Pocic gets stronger in the offseason the left side has potential.
Special teams that were once a strength are now a distinct liability.
The defense is now susceptible to big plays that they used to frighten teams away from trying.

2_0_6

Reaction score
-Tyler Lockett has lost a step (or two) and is no longer the explosive returner he once was

-20+ games in a row now the hawks have not scored a TD on their first possession

-Russell is literally a one man band. If we didn't have him we could very well be 2-6

-Bevell sucks. First play to Jimmy Graham was late in the 2nd quarter

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":15kbu6mi said:
-Tyler Lockett has lost a step (or two) and is no longer the explosive returner he once was

-20+ games in a row now the hawks have not scored a TD on their first possession

-Russell is literally a one man band. If we didn't have him we could very well be 2-6

-Bevell sucks. First play to Jimmy Graham was late in the 2nd quarter

Interesting opinion. I was thinking the same thing Sunday and trying to pinpoint if that is more on coverage, or a Lockett issue? It's to the point now where I just hope he takes the TB and we take it at the 25 and forget breaking it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Penalties are a massive issue. Running game still has a long way to go. No more of the jump ball passes, though Russ is still running for his life every damn game. The D needs to learn how to close out better. But more importantly, they are ONE game out of first place with 8 to play. Right in the mix.

mistaowen

Reaction score
-Defense covers a lot of flaws this team has had on offense giving them repeatedly great field position, not seeing that convert into points anymore. Biggest missing piece IMO is the offense taking the short field and putting up 7.

-Bobby Wagner is the best LB in football

-There are far less talented offenses who look way better than us. Actually sustain drives and can score touchdowns in the first half.

-Bevell continues to hamstring this team. Read option essentially no longer used but Russell just runs free late anyways. It may be Pete's gameplan to stick with the run and hit some deep passes but it's on him to adjust and sustain something. Inability to even try screen passes to the RB's when defenses continue to send wave after wave of pressure is criminal. There are flashes of utilizing Jimmy and Doug beautifully that disappear when every short down to go is a heave down the sidelines. Team is built as an uptempo quick hit offense and STILL trying to make this a power run offense is maddening.

-I'm all set seeing Eddie Lacy ever again. Slow to the hole, slow through the hole. Not an offensive line that will generate too much straight forward push. Rawls looked like his former self a bit yesterday, one cut and go. I say keep him going.

-Earl's absence proves he is the heart and motor of the defense, not that we didn't already know that

-I thought pass rush was excellent. 6 sacks, Cousins had pressure in his face constantly. He hit a few big throws with a guy running full speed into him, kudos on those.

-Kam looks a bit slower though still is a monster in the short field. Vernon had his way a few times until he gave him a big shot.

-Not sure why Lockett is having such a hard time on kick returns. Wondering if it's a blocking issue or he just isn't quick enough to the lane like he once was

*Edit - Wanted to add Doug Baldwin, he continues to amaze me with some of the shoestring catches he makes. Never drops passes, amazingly clutch, true leader. That move he put on Josh Norman for the late touchdown was incredible.

inda2o6

Reaction score
1. Life is gonna be hard when Earl retires.
2. Can't put all the blame on players, when the cordinators decide what plays they should run.
3. Defense can play great, most of the game and still get the blame for the lose.
4. Reliable kicking is as important.
5. Throwing on the Goal-line is still happening and the coaches still haven't learned from their mistakes.
6. Going for the big play throws every down, doesn't work.
7. We have o-lineman that can't pretect Russell even when only 1 guy rushes...(last play of game).
8. Missed tackles, not wrapping up, late in the game, going for big hit instead...
9. When Russell doesn't perform up to his standard, games will be 50/50 on win-lose.
10. Seahawks need bigger lead for Kris Richards feel confident to call for plays to attack the QB with more then a 4 man front.
11. Run game still sucks even when they commit to it.
12. Drafting o-linemen high(Ifedi) doesn't prove they are worth the selection. Due to bad scouting by Cable.
13. Shouldn't celebrate a win, until they perform for the victory formation.
thats all for now...

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I learned that for the first time, I wanted to punch Russ in the face... He says, "The only thing we ask, is to have a chance at the end. That's all we want." WHY IS THAT ALL YOU WANT??? WE SHOULD BE STEPPING ON TEAMS LIKE WASHINGTON! If you're playing the Browns and all you want is a chance at the end, I disown you. I hate that stupid mentality. Get your shit together start putting it to teams. Why is every single game a close one? Even when we beat someone convincingly, it's not as it should be. We should be playing to win. The WORST thing for me, was when we started a drive INSIDE THEIR 50, we still are trying to "get Lacy going". WHY? You are within 50 yards of pay-dirt. You need to play for points. You need to go with what you know works, not with what you want to work. Idiots. We freaking went 3 and out on that drive...PATHETIC.

I learned that our coaches are complete optimist morons who have been lucky, more often than not, because of the elite talent bailing their asses out. I'm sick of it!

A-Dog

Reaction score
Kam can still knock the living crap out of people

Anthony!

Reaction score
This game to me is pretty simple

We have a team on offense that when they are allowed to run up tempo, with multilayer routes can move and score on anyone. However we have an OC and HC that refuse to do it unless we are down, or they have no choice, instead of realizing that is who we are. Proof the 4th qtr, we went back to it and guess what we moved the ball and scored. first 3 qtrs was horrible very few multilayered routes, all long pass plays. I have no problem throwing on the 1 or whatever but not the same timing, set a pick BS that does not work. You don't lock in one of the most dangerous QBs in the league to a timing route into the teeth of the defense. Please stop wasting 15 plays every game, watch film and create a game plan and run it from start to finish and adjust on the fly. Lastly for the offense when a play works you keep it and when a play does not you stop using it, It seems like when we see a play that works we don't use it anymore, but the ones that fail they keep going back to.

ST Walsh enough said

Defense why in the blue blazes would you leave a Rookie on an island by himself? If you are going to leave a CB on an island how about the oh I don't all pro Sherman

Seahawk

Reaction score
Russel's arm strength is weak.
Receivers were all waiting for the ball.
You're supposed to pass to them in-stride.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":ym4olu5m said:
I learned that for the first time, I wanted to punch Russ in the face... He says, "The only thing we ask, is to have a chance at the end. That's all we want." WHY IS THAT ALL YOU WANT??? WE SHOULD BE STEPPING ON TEAMS LIKE WASHINGTON! If you're playing the Browns and all you want is a chance at the end, I disown you. I hate that stupid mentality. Get your shit together start putting it to teams. Why is every single game a close one? Even when we beat someone convincingly, it's not as it should be. We should be playing to win. The WORST thing for me, was when we started a drive INSIDE THEIR 50, we still are trying to "get Lacy going". WHY? You are within 50 yards of pay-dirt. You need to play for points. You need to go with what you know works, not with what you want to work. Idiots. We freaking went 3 and out on that drive...PATHETIC.

I learned that our coaches are complete optimist morons who have been lucky, more often than not, because of the elite talent bailing their asses out. I'm sick of it!

You just posted what many have thought but have not dared to share. Great post. Many of us are sick of the "not how you start" mentality that Pete has drilled into this team to the point of detriment.

Dilly Dilly.

Seahawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2i0ebetm said:
Russell's arm strength is weak? He had a bad game, but come on, you can't be serious.
There were quite a few plays where the receivers had to slow down and wait for the ball. So many, that it looked like a trend. A weak arm trend.
Some may have been completions, but it gave the defense time to catch up to the receivers. If they didn't have to wait for the ball and they received it in-stride, it would have been much better.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
And the last few weeks prior he was over throwing deep and intermediate passes.

Possibly this is on Ciara or he forgot his spinach for breakfast. :sarcasm_off:

Seahawk

Reaction score
It is part of his inconsistency. He's either too much or not enough.
He's still pretty awesome but he needs to be more consistent and more accurate.
Just my observation. He can do it and has shown it. Just not very consistent at it.