gloom, doom...

Rocket

Reaction score
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
It isn't over until we (the fans) say it is.
Damn the decline in ratings, full speed ahead.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Rocket":2hrgn5fs said:

LOL great speech, heard it before but slightly different.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rocket":34xm0rf8 said:

AnimalHouse_141Pyxurz.jpg

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Oh, pshaw... We're 5-3. That game was an anomaly. We're gonna get 'er straight. We're a second half team. Keep the faith. We have way too much talent. Don't be surprised if we win out. The true measuring stick will be Filthadelphia... I mean Philly...

SeaChat

Reaction score
I don't think this game outcome was a fluke. I'm hoping it was a loud and clear wake up call for the Seahawks in general. To dismiss it as an anomaly would be a terrible waste of a teachable learning experience for everyone.

There is plenty of blame to go around if you want to place blame. Pointing fingers of blame doesn't accomplish a damn thing, and in my opinion is a complete waste of time, and opportunity to grow as individuals and as a team.

Focus on what went wrong and you have a chance to fix it, so it doesn't happen again, or at very least increase our chances of getting it right the next time play.

I think the one thing we can all agree on, was that no matter the why it didn't work, the offensive strategy, deployed for this game was the wrong one. The OC needs to recognize when his strategy is not producing needed results, and become willing to shift to another strategy that does produce desired results.

when it became obvious that Russell was having one his off tempo, out of sync passing days, and it was also clear that our run offence was working for a change, there should have been zero hesitation in adopting our run game strategy, as our primary one.

I saw no evidence that the Redskins were providing any answers to stop our run game, and yet we all but completely abandoned it, and reverted to the failed passing game strategy, why? It clearly wasn't working, and was playing right into the Redskins defensive strong suit. The rest is history.

If we know in advance that Russell doesn't perform well in cold wet conditions, then either start acclimating him in advance of the game to playing in those conditions, so he doesn't literally freeze up come game time. It seems to me that's also the conditions that Walsh turns into a pumpkin as well. If it proves out that they can't acclimate in those conditions the let their backups play instead,

The definition of insanity is when someone does the same thing over and over again, and each time is expecting different results. If I walk up and put my hand on the red hot burner of my kitchen stove and it burns me, is it not insane of me to think if I do it again ten times over that I'll not get burned ten times more?

That is what we saw in Sunday's game in Seattle. If its working don't fix it, if its not, then have the foresight to recognize it, and do something different until you find something that is working and stick with it as long as it is.

Let's all remind ourselves and remember that winning is whats important, and that its never about anything else.

chris98251

Reaction score
Fluke would be that we typically win decisively, we are always on the naked edge of pulling a game out in the last lets say 4 minutes to have a bit of leeway. When you depend on last minute Heroics as your game winning philosophy the Odds will catch up to you. It's like challenging Mother Nature, yeah the human race has a lot of great accomplishments, but she sure has a way of shaming us when she decides to and make us realize we are not as smart as we think we are.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Literally if we had an average NFL kicker in we win easily and everyones talking about how we are a win vs phioly from the #1 seed in the NFC. This team is the best team in the NFC, they just need to start playing like it. There are a few big games left. We will see if they can put it all together.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":1xgdluzd said:
Literally if we had an average NFL kicker in we win easily and everyones talking about how we are a win vs phioly from the #1 seed in the NFC. This team is the best team in the NFC, they just need to start playing like it. There are a few big games left. We will see if they can put it all together.
Exactly. Making those three average NFL kicks and putting standard PATs up after our two TDs gives us 25 points. That would be more than enough to win. Thankfully a performance like that is the exception and not the rule.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3583sqte said:
EverydayImRusselin":3583sqte said:
Exactly. Making those three average NFL kicks and putting standard PATs up after our two TDs gives us 25 points. That would be more than enough to win. Thankfully a performance like that is the exception and not the rule.

But meanwhile back in the real world, we could not do anything offensively in the red zone at all, and when we were forced then to put it into our kickers hands, he crapped the bed.

Might I remind you, that kicker was only available on the open market because he had a history of crapping the bed, so...not really that "exceptional".

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2patn2kv said:
Siouxhawk":2patn2kv said:
EverydayImRusselin":2patn2kv said:

But meanwhile back in the real world, we could not do anything offensively in the red zone at all, and when we were forced then to put it into our kickers hands, he crapped the bed.

Might I remind you, that kicker was only available on the open market because he had a history of crapping the bed, so...not really that "exceptional".
We were in the red zone twice and scored a touchdown. That's 50 percent, which is actually damn impressive, albeit a small sample size.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":s0p4fo9y said:
johnnyfever":s0p4fo9y said:
Siouxhawk":s0p4fo9y said:
EverydayImRusselin":s0p4fo9y said:

So in 4 quarters of football reaching the red zone twice is impressive?

We were in the red zone twice and scored a touchdown. That's 50 percent, which is actually damn impressive, albeit a small sample size.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
What's impressive is having a tangible shot at 25 points when we rack up 160 yards of penalties and have 2 costly turnovers.

Josea16

Reaction score
Rocket":2v6tinnb said:
The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? I got to inform my local television station immediately! :3-1:

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Josea16":3w26hn2d said:
Rocket":3w26hn2d said:
The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? I got to inform my local television station immediately! :3-1:

They were actually fake Norwegians... (muxed-ip Fawlty Towers reference)