Pete visibly irritated during Monday Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
In something I don't ever think I've ever seen, Pete was visibly irritated while reporters were asking questions during his Monday press conference.

-In a number of instances he acknowledged fewer snaps for players who continued to get penalties.
-He acknowledged Russell escaped the pocket too quickly on numerous plays that ultimately hurt the offensive rhythm.
-He also brought up disappointment in Ifedi who now leads the league in holding penalties this year. He says they've been working on the holding thing for a while now and things haven't changed enough.
-When asked about the deep pass on Shaq at the end of the game he simply acknowledged that "Shaq must stay on top".
-He acknowledged that the lack of points overall and in the redzone "is getting in our way".

Overall I think Pete is finally accepting there is some issues and or he is starting to feel the heat. Either way I think its only a good thing for Seattle moving forward, interested to see what comes from this.

sutz

Reaction score
He was certainly not his usual bubbly self. ;)

NJlargent

Reaction score
I hope he is feeling heat. It must be uncomfortable being exposed

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Someone needs to "pull his chain" regarding the poor performance of his team. Furthermore, I'm hoping that he is finally getting pissed with Bevell.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The team under Pete is going to be what it is.

A team that can be very good in the regular season but will struggle to be consistent offensively because he cannot evaluate coordinators well. This was a problem at USC and followed him here. He struck gold with Quinn and parlayed it into a SB but it is what it is.

He is loyal to people despite their incompetence.

So we get a team won't really be a legit SB contender, but will look good in some regular season games.

The moment you accept it, you will end up enjoying the games more.

They can still beat some good teams, and even have some fun games like the one they just had against the Texans. But Pete has a philosophy that is a liability. I honestly believe there are several coaches that would win a SB with this roster. But Pete (and his staff) is not one of them, unless somehow we find another Quinn to mask Bevell's incompetence.

Yes, he won a SB ...long ago. But those days are over.

Anthony!

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":172a64yl said:
In something I don't ever think I've ever seen, Pete was visibly irritated while reporters were asking questions during his Monday press conference.

-In a number of instances he acknowledged fewer snaps for players who continued to get penalties.
-He acknowledged Russell escaped the pocket too quickly on numerous plays that ultimately hurt the offensive rhythm.
-He also brought up disappointment in Ifedi who now leads the league in holding penalties this year. He says they've been working on the holding thing for a while now and things haven't changed enough.
-When asked about the deep pass on Shaq at the end of the game he simply acknowledged that "Shaq must stay on top".
-He acknowledged that the lack of points overall and in the redzone "is getting in our way".

Overall I think Pete is finally accepting there is some issues and or he is starting to feel the heat. Either way I think its only a good thing for Seattle moving forward, interested to see what comes from this.

Good I am glad he is feeling heat, now the question is how much of this was lip service, how much was taking the thing out on one thing when he knows it is another. A lot of these issues are of his own creation, example

the long pass to Shaq why would you leave a rookie 1 on 1 anyway were was the help?

ON Rw escaping, well if you had been beaten as much as he has been you might to and whose fault is that the coaches and this horrible oline. FYI if he really believed that the term is leaving the pocket, escaping means there was a reason to escape, or maybe he means to escape and he did mind if Rw stays a split second longer and gets killed.

The penalties and Ifedi here is an idea put someone else in.

Glad he acknowledged the fewer points, really think he is going to change the offense? I don't he will do what he does until he has no choice like every game this year.

The problem is the root cause for most of the things he mentioned have been here for at least 2 years and for some of the issues 5 years. So sorry if him appearing mad means much to me. Do something about them will mean more.

IrishNW

Reaction score
good, changes need to be made. Even if this team goes on to win the superbowl it still has serious flaws that seem like they are easily correctable.

mistaowen

Reaction score
The whole mentality doesn't work if the offense can't put up points when the defense creates short fields. Need to start seeing some 7's when the defense causes a turnover or three and out. No more returning the ball with their own 3 and out.

Get the lead, let the D be aggressive, make the other team take chances. No more 'feeling them out' for a half. And if the running game isn't working, let short/intermediate passes take its place.

IrishNW

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":34reay8h said:

A team that can be very good in the regular season but will struggle to be consistent offensively because he cannot evaluate coordinators well. This was a problem at USC and followed him here. He struck gold with Quinn and parlayed it into a SB but it is what it is.

So we get a team won't really be a legit SB contender, but will look good in some regular season games.

They can still beat some good teams, and even have some fun games like the one they just had against the Texans. But Pete has a philosophy that is a liability. I honestly believe there are several coaches that would win a SB with this roster. But Pete (and his staff) is not one of them, unless somehow we find another Quinn to mask Bevell's incompetence.

Just imagine if Belichick had this roster....sigh

Seymour

Reaction score
Sad we are down to hoping Pete will show some emotion for his latest shit show. It's a good sign, but will matter little IMO. I don't think he can fix it if he wants to with the staff he's kept riding his coat tails.

Anthony!

Reaction score
mistaowen":29w9kw33 said:
The whole mentality doesn't work if the offense can't put up points when the defense creates short fields. Need to start seeing some 7's when the defense causes a turnover or three and out. No more returning the ball with their own 3 and out.

Get the lead, let the D be aggressive, make the other team take chances. No more 'feeling them out' for a half. And if the running game isn't working, let short/intermediate passes take its place.

Agreed I just saw a stat I thought was interesting

We are top 3 in passing TDs
We are 2nd worst in rushing tds with just 2 and 1 by our QB.
To any real coach that would tell me I probably need to lean on my passing more and most specifically to the type of offense that gest us those Tds and yet we wait til we have to go to it to do it.

Love the emotion not sure it will change anything though, he still thinks you cant win it in the 1st qtr or the 2nd qtr or the 3rd qtr. Only the 4th and that does not bode well for the uptempo quick strike, timely bomb offense that works so well when we run it. I dont think he understands what this offense does, it allows Rw to get into a rhythm early, it allows our oline to get some confidence, and our WR to get confidence, it can set up the run, it forces the defense to come closer to the line which make the timely bombs more effective, it allows us to score. Pretty simple to bad we only do it when we have to, not all the time like we should. WHo knows maybe Thursday but I will not hold my breath.

mistaowen

Reaction score
IrishNW":221vewmf said:
TwistedHusky":221vewmf said:

Belichick gave up offensive responsibilities and left it in the hands of Brady and McDaniels. He's strictly GM and defense now. I would love something similar to happen here.

Attyla had a great post about the immediate success of new blood in the NFL on offensive coaching staffs and that needing to be the kick starter this offense needs. I fully agree, a change behind the scenes would do wonders for this offense IMO. Pete needs to let offensive minds take the lead on that side of the ball. Bevell's been here for what, 7 years? OC's don't last that long unless they're content being told what to do; there's been some wrinkles but this offense needs something different. They need some fresh minds to shake things up and really elevate what this roster could be.

IrishNW

Reaction score
mistaowen":34360iwe said:
IrishNW":34360iwe said:
TwistedHusky":34360iwe said:

Belichick gave up offensive responsibilities and left it in the hands of Brady and McDaniels. He's strictly GM and defense now. I would love something similar to happen here.

Attyla had a great post about the immediate success of new blood in the NFL on offensive coaching staffs and that needing to be the kick starter this offense needs. I fully agree, a change behind the scenes would do wonders for this offense IMO. Pete needs to let offensive minds take the lead on that side of the ball. Bevell's been here for what, 7 years? OC's don't last that long unless they're content being told what to do; there's been some wrinkles but this offense needs something different. They need some fresh minds to shake things up and really elevate what this roster could be.

I would love to get an offense coordinator that would tailor this offense around Wilson's strengths. This offense could be so much better.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
IrishNW":28vle8l6 said:
mistaowen":28vle8l6 said:
IrishNW":28vle8l6 said:
TwistedHusky":28vle8l6 said:

I would love to get an offense coordinator that would tailor this offense around Wilson's strengths. This offense could be so much better.
There's only a select offensive coordinators I feel can take Wilson to the next level.

Andy Reid: Not a coordinator but a good offensive mind.
Todd Haley: Haley is a good coordinator.
Josh McDaniels: Also good.
Kyle Shanahan: good offensive play caller even though he's a coach now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":pvachuw2 said:
IrishNW":pvachuw2 said:
mistaowen":pvachuw2 said:
IrishNW":pvachuw2 said:

There's only a select offensive coordinators I feel can take Wilson to the next level.

Andy Reid: Not a coordinator but a good offensive mind.
Todd Haley: Haley is a good coordinator.
Josh McDaniels: Also good.
Kyle Shanahan: good offensive play caller even though he's a coach now.
Disagree. Russ just needs an OC that won’t neuter his natural ability, the way our current OC does. Just get out of the way.

massari

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Hue Jackson would be a good fit with this offense? He'll likely be fired by the Browns.

Josea16

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":k73ig446 said:

Good. Maybe he'll stop the madness and possibly cut a coach or two and stop the Eddie Lacy crap.

Josea16

Reaction score
massari":3sdnm2ju said:
Does anyone know if Hue Jackson would be a good fit with this offense? He'll likely be fired by the Browns.
Interesting possibility but actually Bevell is better if Pete would just stop with his you must run against 8 man fronts for 3 quarters.

Anybody could be successful if Pete leaves the offense alone. I mean from the start. Seriously last week he wants Lacy as the focal point of the offense? Wilson needs to grow a set and stand up to Pete already.

chris98251

Reaction score
Find Norm Chow and let him run the offense his way like in USC before Pete wanted to change it and he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.