Do you play Earl this week or rest him again?

DJrmb

Reaction score
With a win over Washington I was firmly in the boat of sitting Earl for this Thursday's game and giving him that extra time to make sure he's completely healed up. However, with the loss to Washington we no longer have the wiggle room we did before and this game is a bit more important to win. Do you still sit Earl or do you start him if he can go, even if he's not 100%?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If he's not fully healthy you rest him. We will need him down the road. His backup played admirably.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm hoping they rest him and he comes back for the Atlanta game. That's 22 days between games for him. Probably the smartest move in the long run.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Rest. Stanton is no Kirk Cousins. We can get to him, and we won't have much of an Arizona defense to stop us on the other side.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Pass rush is gonna have to crank it up a notch. Even garbage, injured AZ O lines have blanked us in the past. Arians doesn't give a damn at this point so Stanton will be throwing it up several times this game. Our guys have to come down with at least a couple of those and certainly stop them from connecting. Let Earl rest and hope for the best.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
But I'd bet Earl is doing everything in his power to play.

OP
OP
DJrmb

DJrmb

Reaction score
adeltaY":2wdr5f3m said:
Pass rush is gonna have to crank it up a notch. Even garbage, injured AZ O lines have blanked us in the past. Arians doesn't give a damn at this point so Stanton will be throwing it up several times this game. Our guys have to come down with at least a couple of those and certainly stop them from connecting. Let Earl rest and hope for the best.
I agree with the pass rush needing to be really good, especially if Earl doesn't go. That would actually play into my decision personally. If Sheldon can go I'm a bit more willing to sit Earl even if he could go too, and give him that extra rest.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Rest him. 6 sacks, 11 QB hits last week. Stanton isn't holding up against that.

sutz

Reaction score
If he's healthy, play him. :229031_shrug: