Hey guys, we are 5-3 not 3-5!

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Geeze, last I checked 5-3 is pretty good. Does our line suck? Yes. Does our run game stink? Yes. Should we have beat the Redskins? Yes. Is our defense aging? Yes. Yes. Yes. After all that, guess what. We're still 5-3 and that's still a winning record that'll get us into the playoffs. Unless we go on a major slide, we are still on schedule. Good teams always, every season, have bad games, as do players. Jordan didn't score 50 every night, Ali didn't win every fight, Brady throws pics occasionally too. Stop the doom and gloom and start enjoying the games! Sea...........

gowazzu02

Reaction score
While all true.... we as fans want to win the Super Bowl. The team has mortgaged it's future to make a real run at it this year. We do not get to the super bowl without HFA. Losing to a Redskins team that only dressed like 40 guys cause they were so injured basically means we wont get HFA...........huge loss.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":1sx543u9 said:
Geeze, last I checked 5-3 is pretty good. Does our line suck? Yes. Does our run game stink? Yes. Should we have beat the Redskins? Yes. Is our defense aging? Yes. Yes. Yes. After all that, guess what. We're still 5-3 and that's still a winning record that'll get us into the playoffs. Unless we go on a major slide, we are still on schedule. Good teams always, every season, have bad games, as do players. Jordan didn't score 50 every night, Ali didn't win every fight, Brady throws pics occasionally too. Stop the doom and gloom and start enjoying the games! Sea...........
Very true! This is the reality and panicking about the future is fantasy. Bring on the Cards!

Seymour

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3todipng said:
The team has mortgaged it's future to make a real run at it this year.

100% Truth (to some degree)
Pete is swinging for the fences with the last 2 of 3 signings. If this doesn't work (as appears not after last game), then he risked our future more than his. He knows this, and it showed on his face during last press conference. To be quite honest, it looks a bit desperate (especially the Richardson signing after the McDowell pick).

907Hawk

Reaction score
I agree 5-3 is not the end of the world, but that loss hurt this team. The only answer is going down to Arizona getting to 6-3, and going on a run.

RussB

Reaction score
Its not a bad record. They need the bye though , look at the NFC teams right now.

Eagles 7-1
Saints 6-2
Rams 6-2 , not good.
Vikings 6-2
Panthers 6-3
Seahawks 5-3
Cowboys 5-3

Eagles are most likely getting the #1 seed. All those other teams are already ahead in race for the #2 seed. Seahawks didnt take care of business at home now they are a step behind. Every game is important because theres alot of good NFC teams right now that are hungry. I dont see a superbowl run unless we get the #2 seed.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Winning fixes everything. Just win. A loss to the Cardinals this Thursday would be catastrophic. 6-3 and all is right with the world. 5-4? Duck.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
We didn't mortgage the future, that's nonsense. We still get to play St. Louis, Dallas, and Philly, so seeding is still in our ability to control. We will win on Thursday which makes the ATL game gigantic.

chris98251

Reaction score
Did not mortgage the future if we resign Richardson and Brown, we are getting two first round picks in reality, Brown is better then anything we would draft, keeping a top LT draft pick on his second contract here would be iffy so win, Richardson is the tough one, he is going to get paid, can we do enough to pay him, he is the interior of the future on defense. We would not get one like him so again it's a win, if we resign him.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
chris98251":1bf96lm7 said:
Did not mortgage the future if we resign Richardson and Brown, we are getting two first round picks in reality, Brown is better then anything we would draft, keeping a top LT draft pick on his second contract here would be iffy so win, Richardson is the tough one, he is going to get paid, can we do enough to pay him, he is the interior of the future on defense. We would not get one like him so again it's a win, if we resign him.

Im all aboard on the moves. But if you think giving up a 2 and 3 next year and another 2 the following year isn't mortgaging the future your not paying attention to how the NFL works. And sure we can and hopefully will sign those guys... BUT to HUGE contracts. The big reason why you have to build through the draft is the rookie salary scale. You get a primo talent for pennies on the dollar. If we keep Brown (required) and Richardson (also hopefully) it will be a top of their position salaries. Which means we will have to make up for that at other positions.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":g8zy9fb4 said:

Disagree. 2 1st round picks will not cost you a combined $20+ million year 1. The picks landing starters help build a stronger team since the $$ saved over FA's can be used at weaker positions. That is how we dominated in 2013. Many starting rookie contracts.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I agree with Chris. Brown and Richardson are sure-thing studs that help us win now. Schneids will figure out the draft and how to construct the payroll, but having those 2 on the field are an immediate upgrade that will pay big dividends.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3ujis2k6 said:
MontanaHawk05":3ujis2k6 said:
gowazzu02":3ujis2k6 said:
We do not get to the super bowl without HFA.

Fallacious.

Remind me the last time the Hawks got to a SB on the road?

They never have, and it doesn't prove a thing. Poor question to ask, with all kinds of logical holes. Those were different Seahawks rosters, other teams HAVE made it to the SB without HFA, being invincible like the Patriots doesn't guarantee squat even for them, etc.

People are demanding coaching firings so they can experience some brief emotional relief before seeing that it didn't fix anything. I'm not going along with it. We're a potential playoff team, and that's all you can ask.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3bug53os said:
gowazzu02":3bug53os said:

Fallacious.

We have never in our entire history made the Superbowl without HFA. How bout that....

ZagHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2j4jlcqp said:
ZagHawk":2j4jlcqp said:
MontanaHawk05":2j4jlcqp said:
gowazzu02":2j4jlcqp said:

Fallacious.

They never have, and it doesn't prove a thing. Poor question to ask, with all kinds of logical holes. Those were different Seahawks rosters, other teams HAVE made it to the SB without HFA, being invincible like the Patriots doesn't guarantee squat even for them, etc.

People are demanding coaching firings so they can experience some brief emotional relief before seeing that it didn't fix anything. I'm not going along with it. We're a potential playoff team, and that's all you can ask.

Yeah arguably better rosters in the previous years won enough games to get HFA and make it to the SB. I'd like to think our 2012 roster was as hot as it comes going into the playoffs and couldn't get into the SB without HFA. Judging by how this team in the PC-RW era plays on the road in general. I think it's possible it could get to the SB as a #2 seed where at the max it needed ONE road game to get into the SB. But 2 that's a stretch, and definitely not 3 as a wild card.

As far as "People are demanding coaching firings so they can experience some brief emotional relief before seeing that it didn't fix anything." I'll tell you what we are seeing. Coaches not getting fired and nothing getting fixed. The same problems over and over again. Garbage O-Line, Terrible Red Zone efficiency. Penalties galore. Terrible 3rd down conversion rate. I think we'd be fine with the current coaching IF they showed they were willing to adapt and try different solutions and work with it's talent to succeed. But stubborn is the word I would like to choose to define how this team is coached. If the staff won't adapt, then it's time to bring in a new guy. I love PC, but sadly it's getting to the point where because he's sticking by his guys year after year with the same issues. It's eventually going to be him on the hot seat.

Hindsight 20/20 the team should have been letting go of big names slowly over the past 2/3 years to build depth and develop new talent, but it's pretty much all in this season with an aging core.

Also this team went 5-3 against arguably the "easy" portion of its schedule. The next remaining 8 games include 4 games against division rivals that can always take the game to you (one of which is a real contender being the Rams), the remaining 4 are all playoff caliber teams. I'm sure everyone would feel different if the offense that showed up against the Texans showed up against the Redskins and the Defense went back to normal (like it looked on Sunday), but yeah that's not what happened.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
5-3 is ok but that is on pace for a 10-6 record. Even if we didn't go to the SB in 2013 and 2014, 3 straight 10 win seasons would still be disappointing (assuming 10-6 doesn't get you to the SB). That said, we did go in 13 and 14 and still have the same core players, which makes a mediocre season that much more difficult to stomach.

A business is considered to have a failed year if it did not improve its earnings from the previous year, even if it had a positive net earnings for said year.

Many on here say people with this view point are spoiled and don't appreciate the good times we are having and other fans would kill to have this run. Personally I'll appreciate the good times when the ship sinks but right now I expect our Seahawk "business" to go to the Super Bowl. High realistic expectations and being competitive is not being spoiled.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":248apjeb said:
MontanaHawk05":248apjeb said:
gowazzu02":248apjeb said:

Fallacious.

What Montana is saying is true, there have been MANY teams that have gotten to the SB without having HFA, and some have even WON it going as the #2 seed.
Would it be somewhat easier with HFA?, absolutely, but it's not necessarily a must happen.