Kris Richard

Ozzy

Reaction score
Pretty impressed with Kris during his week 10 press conference. Took full responsibility on the last drive in the loss and said he failed Griffin there not the other way around. I don't want this to be a bash bevell, cable or whoever but it's something we don't see all that often from other coaches. Worth checking out if you haven't seen it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/video/2017/11/07/kris-richard-week-10-press-conference[/urltargetblank]

There's the link to the video on the Seahawks website

Here's the audio link

[urltargetblank]http://prod.video.seahawks.clubs.nfl.com/SEA/videos/dct/video_audio/2017/11-November/171107-richard-32k.mp3[/urltargetblank]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good to see him owning up. Seems like it has happened quite a few times at the end of games under him as DC.

RussB

Reaction score
It was shaqs fault, all he had to do was defend the deep ball in that situation. But i like that richard is taking taking accountability as well. Ive seen his pressers in the past and he takes the blame often even when its not his fault.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not that I'm hating on Richard, but don't most coaches do this? At least the good ones do anyway, take the blame.

Did someone ask him why the D was in press cover and not playing off in zone? That'd be my question, no reason to risk getting beat in press cover with less than two minutes left.

A-Dog

Reaction score
I think we're looking at the next head coach of the Seahawks. Not sure when it'll happen but I hope it does.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1in3up3d said:
Not that I'm hating on Richard, but don't most coaches do this? At least the good ones do anyway, take the blame.

Did someone ask him why the D was in press cover and not playing off in zone? That'd be my question, no reason to risk getting beat in press cover with less than two minutes left.

As for the press coverage - he said it depends on how aggressive they want to be. As Carroll said, based on how the D-line was performing they went with aggression this time, and it didn't work out. There's not a right or wrong answer. Personally I think credit goes to Washington for amazing execution on those two plays.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
A-Dog":32yfwr5a said:
Personally I think credit goes to Washington for amazing execution on those two plays.

For sure, two great throws by Cousins.

I just don't get the logic, if your D line is getting pressure............back off and play zone, no need to give Cousins a chance to see that one on one press cover to quickly give his WR a chance to make a play. Make him throw it short.

Not hating on the call, I'm hating on the logic.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Richard knows how to be tactful, knows how to earn the trust and respect of his players, and understands that positive reinforcement works better than placing blame.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
austinslater25":9wemo6zs said:
Pretty impressed with Kris during his week 10 press conference. Took full responsibility on the last drive in the loss and said he failed Griffin there not the other way around. I don't want this to be a bash bevell, cable or whoever but it's something we don't see all that often from other coaches. Worth checking out if you haven't seen it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It’s refreshing to hear a coordinator to take responsibility for their failures. Thanks for posting this!

A-Dog

Reaction score
Did Griffin make a mistake on that play? Yes he did. Did Richard feel the need to surface that, so that he can escape blame? No, he took responsibility for putting a rookie in to a situation that he wasn't fully prepared for. Then he proceeded to praise Griffin and call him a stud.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Great learning experience for the kid too. That won't happen again, as far as him giving up on a play.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's debatable, but it doesn't matter, he allowed it to happen, and the D allowed them to go down the field with the quickness. Excuses don't change it.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Richard Sherman got beat deep a few times in his rookie season too. It happens.

Richard did what all good coaches do, deflect blame back onto themselves. Pete never throws his players under a bus. He protects them from the media and uses the coaches to instruct players, rather than social media.

This is the one thing i most disrespect about Arians. He's more than willing to play the blame game in front of the media. Players generally know when they screwed up. Putting that out there in the media is just piling on.

Now if you have a player that doesn't give a crap, it might motivate them. But Pete usually just cuts players that don't give a crap (See Harvin, Percy and Houshmandzedeh, TJ).

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":12squ2pb said:

Pete was asked that earlier this week. He said they stayed with what they had been doing the whole game because it had been working to that point. Carroll pointed out that the D did get right into Cousins' face and pressured him and he just made two perfect, amazing passes.

adeltaY

Reaction score
If you look at the play, Griffin plays aggressively and gets burned. Sherman bails to stay on top of his man.