Thursday Night Football Worth It?

HoldYourHawk

Reaction score
Another week of sloppy play by two teams and players dropping like flys due to only three days rest, bodies not ready to go again.

Wish they either get rid of it entirely or make teams play who are rolling off a bye week.

Decimation

Reaction score
Is it worth it? You tell me:

Richard Sherman
Kam Chancellor
Sheldon Richardson
Frank Clark
Duane Brown
Jarran Reed
Shaquille Griffin (for a couple drives)
Russ for a couple plays
CJ Prosise (but he’s always injured.. so..)

Yeah, that game was a disaster. So many injuries.

Screw Thursday Night Football.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Decimation":1tgsocal said:

Richard Sherman
Kam Chancellor
Sheldon Richardson
Frank Clark
Duane Brown
Jarran Reed
Russ for a couple plays

Your user name sure is prophetic.

Decimation

Reaction score
Aros":7a53z3hn said:
Decimation":7a53z3hn said:

Richard Sherman
Kam Chancellor
Sheldon Richardson
Frank Clark
Duane Brown
Jarran Reed
Russ for a couple plays

Your user name sure is prophetic.

You’re telling me.. all those players decimated with different injuries. :(

mrt144

Reaction score
No and if the players strike over it when the CBA is up more power to them.

Sign37now

Reaction score
Simple greed. Nothing else... Losing interest in the NFL at a record pace. I used to love the NBA, like crazy. Haven't watched a game in years..I see the same coming for the NFL if shit doesn't change. Officiating is at the top of the list..

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Seats looked EMPTY 15 mins before kickoff....game sucked.....refs SUCKED....players hurt.....answer is NO!

Vesuve

Reaction score
WmHBonney":4tqdg3m9 said:
Seats looked EMPTY 15 mins before kickoff....game sucked.....refs SUCKED....players hurt.....answer is NO!

TNF has got to go.

renofox

Reaction score
Sign37now":3h4oy8ya said:
Simple greed. Nothing else... Losing interest in the NFL at a record pace. I used to love the NBA, like crazy. Haven't watched a game in years..I see the same coming for the NFL if shit doesn't change. Officiating is at the top of the list..

Same here.

Done with NBA, almost done with NFL.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Colossal disaster on every level. Why the Players' Union would agree in the CBA to this crap is a question I would like answered.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
And it just was't the Seahawks dropping like flies. 2 Cards went down with what looked like torn knees earlier in the game. I'd like to see the injury stats on TNF vs. regular sunday games.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2ilfnn5b said:
Colossal disaster on every level. Why the Players' Union would agree in the CBA to this crap is a question I would like answered.

Richard SHerman addressed this very issue recently. He said since the owners are making money form it and the players have other bigger issues it looks like this is not going to change anytime soon.

I would love to see teams put out all second string & practice squad players on Thursday night until things change. It would never happen but I would love the form of protest.

mrt144

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":by394bjb said:
West TX Hawk":by394bjb said:

Richard SHerman addressed this very issue recently. He said since the owners are making money form it and the players have other bigger issues it looks like this is not going to change anytime soon.

I would love to see teams put out all second string & practice squad players on Thursday night until things change. It would never happen but I would love the form of protest.

My wife said the exact same thing.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The only way anything happens is when one of the league's real golden boys or team goes down on a Thurs night - I am talking Brady Rodgers or a Cowboy. Much like the Brady ACL injury brought in the low hit to the QB rule and the Fail Mary against the Pack created enough embarrassment to bring a quick end to the refs strike.

chris98251

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1xxhf6tt said:
The only way anything happens is when one of the league's real golden boys or team goes down on a Thurs night - I am talking Brady Rodgers or a Cowboy. Much like the Brady ACL injury brought in the low hit to the QB rule and the Fail Mary against the Pack created enough embarrassment to bring a quick end to the refs strike.

Yeah and that has worked out so well, the degradation and or appearance of game control is getting to the point of you have to question is the WWE more legit then the NFL?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I've still never seen any solid evidence that players get injured more on TNF than on Sundays/Mondays.

Just throwin' that out there. If someone has seen some, please link it, I'd like to read it.