Duane Brown ankle injury

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
Tobin got straight up ragdolled tonight.

Any chance they sign Isaiah Battle to play LT if Brown misses time?

Brown is irreplaceable. Hope he comes back sooner than later. Carroll says ankle injury, "Will see what that means." Makes me nervous.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
ICarroll also said, Brown said it was nothing.. against what ever that means.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
He goes out one play and Russell gets sacked immediately lol

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
With Brown in (his play is great) I didn't really see anything different with the offense even with the added protection of Brown. Hope he comes back but I didn't see anything different with how the team plays.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3hlgkx87 said:

Wasn't because of the line. RW had the ball for 4 seconds. It was a coverage sack.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
You guys are scapegoating. If there was anything that was good tonight on offense was pass protection. The pressure RW got was due to coverage. Is that Tobin's fault? Even on that garbage play to Baldwin, RW had the ball for like 4 seconds before he was pressured.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I didn't understand why they IR'd Odhiambo to get surgery on his fingers and hands. He was still a good backup.

Sometimes I just don't get what we're doing with our OL.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Figured this was going to happen, it's the Seattle curse. The team couriers a talented player and within a short time after that acquisition that talented player is injured and out.

Hope the quote from Brown this is nothing is accurate.

adeltaY

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":n2r4vcim said:
You guys are scapegoating. If there was anything that was good tonight on offense was pass protection. The pressure RW got was due to coverage. Is that Tobin's fault? Even on that garbage play to Baldwin, RW had the ball for like 4 seconds before he was pressured.

Wait, what? Russ got sacked at least five times tonight. Did you not see the play where Ifedi and Rawls whiffed on a blitzing safety who sacked Russ? Chandler Jones destroyed Tobin for one sack too. Russ and the play design played a part, but the line was awful today.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
adeltaY":1b89j3vm said:
seahawkfreak":1b89j3vm said:

Wait, what? Russ got sacked at least five times tonight. Did you not see the play where Ifedi and Rawls whiffed on a blitzing safety who sacked Russ? Chandler Jones destroyed Tobin for one sack too. Russ and the play design played a part, but the line was awful today.

How many were coverage sacks? I'm sure the line sucked but I saw many times tonight were RW had plenty of time and was sacked. The O-line it not very good and sitting here spouting the O-line sucks like its our only fault is stupid.

All I am saying is I did not see anything change with offensive production when we had good pass protection. When Brown was in destroying his opponent we still sucked on offense, running and passing. When we do get reasonable pass protection it should be taken advantage of.

Seafan

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1f9nrscc said:
Scorpion05":1f9nrscc said:

Wasn't because of the line. RW had the ball for 4 seconds. It was a coverage sack.

He had a couple of those tonight. Nothing new. Part of the chaotic sandlot offense.

Josea16

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":33it48rc said:
adeltaY":33it48rc said:
seahawkfreak":33it48rc said:

How many were coverage sacks? I'm sure the line sucked but I saw many times tonight were RW had plenty of time and was sacked. The O-line it not very good and sitting here spouting the O-line sucks like its our only fault is stupid.

All I am saying is I did not see anything change with offensive production when we had good pass protection. When Brown was in destroying his opponent we still sucked on offense, running and passing. When we do get reasonable pass protection it should be taken advantage of.
The problems weren't on offense tonight and you better hope it stays the same if you think this team can win 10 games.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Josea16":27c3hf91 said:
The problems weren't on offense tonight and you better hope it stays the same if you think this team can win 10 games.

Yeah ok, don't stop there with such enlightened football philosophy. Please fill the .Net with more credo and exceptional football thinking.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Josea16":26mwcg6d said:
seahawkfreak":26mwcg6d said:
adeltaY":26mwcg6d said:
seahawkfreak":26mwcg6d said:

Half the drives being three and out isn't an offensive problem?

classicaaron

Reaction score
I agree that even though Brown is playing fantastic the offense still looks the same. Sure he is holding his blocks but the problem is none of the other 4 are holding theres. is it really much of a difference if Russ has 4 chasing him instead of 5. either way its a sack or hurried throw. either way the running game gets stuffed. only thing this may really make a difference in is Russ taking the lethal blind side hit.

Ozzy

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2fakx7ud said:

I agree with you in part but Ifedi was an absolute dumpster fire tonight. He continually was confused and didn't even slow guys down multiple times. I think part of the problem was Bevell's route combinations but I don't want to start that discussion in this thread.

zchurch74

Reaction score
The biggest issue with the OLINE is Ifedi, he is terrible; and our RBs are not picking up blocks either. Some of this is one Russ too. There were many times last night Russ had the ball for more then 3 seconds and had protection. I understand the Receivers are not open but Russ needs to know when to just throw it away.

When Russ got rid of the ball quick we were effective. Asking an OLINE to protect for over 3 seconds is asking a lot.

Seymour

Reaction score
Carroll says "I don't know" about how long Brown would be out. Brown was quoted as saying he should be ready in 11 days for next game.