Jimmy Graham: 6 TDs in the past five games

adeltaY

Reaction score
I believe five of them were in the redzone, with the other being from the opponent 22, so pretty close. A positive development for the offense this season!

Josea16

Reaction score
adeltaY":1ugj7osd said:
I believe five of them were in the redzone, with the other being from the opponent 22, so pretty close. A positive development for the offense this season!
Yep, they finally figure out how to use him correctly and our defense is pretty much gone for the rest of the year. Duane Brown better be right because right now with him I have never seen Wilson have more time to work his magic.

minormillikin

Reaction score
His 2nd TD today was exactly what I've wanted to see the whole time. He's totally getting interfered with, and just death grips the ball mid-flight.

I think they've got redzone a little more figured out. ...just need to get there more often.

mrt144

Reaction score
Josea16":bwg7q69z said:
adeltaY":bwg7q69z said:
Yep, they finally figure out how to use him correctly and our defense is pretty much gone for the rest of the year. Duane Brown better be right because right now with him I have never seen Wilson have more time to work his magic.

Using him correctly is apparently 1 on 1 coverage running into the endzone on a fade with the pass placed where he can grab it.

Practice makes perfect.

chris98251

Reaction score
That's great but Bevell has to also change it up and throw someplace else also, DB's will study tonight and if there is a tell will jump that route.

OP
OP
A

adeltaY

Reaction score
It's pretty hard to jump that route. The whole point of it is that Jimmy can outjump/box out almost any defender. If Russ places the ball correctly, it's almost impossible to defend the route without blatant PI. I say keep throwing it if they keep leaving Jimmy 1 on 1.

Josea16

Reaction score
adeltaY":1uedl82o said:
It's pretty hard to jump that route. The whole point of it is that Jimmy can outjump/box out almost any defender. If Russ places the ball correctly, it's almost impossible to defend the route without blatant PI. I say keep throwing it if they keep leaving Jimmy 1 on 1.
Yep. That is the reason why he is elite and needs to be doubled, shaded or you better have someone like Kam Chancellor.

chris98251

Reaction score
adeltaY":lfxusppg said:

That a easy route to jump and Wilson rarely puts the ball in a place that someone can't get it there, Jimmy wasn't extended upward. All you have to do as a Safety is drop deep and watch Wilson's eyes, soon as he rotates you jump that route, the LB or Slot guy is going to have Russell's attention. The Safety has a running start and can elevate, something at 6"7 we don't see Jimmy do.

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":yzlfm4kn said:

I'm only an Australian, but in the red zone, without telegraphing it, surely a high-trajectory pass to Jimmy Graham in the endzone affords a decent TD chance.

Am I naive in thinking... this weapon is UNDERUSED? Isn't he our "Gronk"?

scrummymustard

Reaction score
chris98251":1s2ljs2i said:
adeltaY":1s2ljs2i said:

That a easy route to jump and Wilson rarely puts the ball in a place that someone can't get it there, Jimmy wasn't extended upward. All you have to do as a Safety is drop deep and watch Wilson's eyes, soon as he rotates you jump that route, the LB or Slot guy is going to have Russell's attention. The Safety has a running start and can elevate, something at 6"7 we don't see Jimmy do.

Huh? Aren't we talking about when he's 1v1? This the beauty of the 1v1 with Graham. If the safety drops deep as you say, all Graham has to do is run a quick slant and it's an automatic touchdown.

If they are going to press him, like what happens most of the time, Graham initiates contact (like last night, and vs Rams and vs Giants) and with the back shoulder throw it's impossible to "jump" the route because the DB has to somehow get through a 6'7", 265 lb Graham.

A back shoulder throw is not an easy route to jump, especially when it's with a guy as big as 88. We are seeing the benefits of splitting Graham out wide in the RZ, idk how it took 3 years to figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Other than YPC, he is on pace this year to be pretty close to his Saints averages per year.

Maybe that will help to snap the tired narrative that we havent figured out how to use him....

scrummymustard

Reaction score
Hawkpower":f7tp296z said:
Other than YPC, he is on pace this year to be pretty close to his Saints averages per year.

Maybe that will help to snap the tired narrative that we havent figured out how to use him....

It can definitely get better inside the 20s. He's averaging something crazy like 3 yards a target.

I saw a tweet saying something about Jimmy on the run>>>>>Jimmy standing still. Hopefully Brown is OK, it should open up deeper routes, especially over the middle, for 88 not having chip block all the time.

chris98251

Reaction score
scrummymustard":3lin2zu2 said:
chris98251":3lin2zu2 said:
adeltaY":3lin2zu2 said:

Huh? Aren't we talking about when he's 1v1? This the beauty of the 1v1 with Graham. If the safety drops deep as you say, all Graham has to do is run a quick slant and it's an automatic touchdown.

If they are going to press him, like what happens most of the time, Graham initiates contact (like last night, and vs Rams and vs Giants) and with the back shoulder throw it's impossible to "jump" the route because the DB has to somehow get through a 6'7", 265 lb Graham.

A back shoulder throw is not an easy route to jump, especially when it's with a guy as big as 88. We are seeing the benefits of splitting Graham out wide in the RZ, idk how it took 3 years to figure it out.

But that was not the rote or throw made last night, it was isolation and a post up, throw was made and Jimmy caught it with his hands strong and the defender wasn't able to knock it free, it was around head level not a High pass to take advantage of his height. The rote and pass your talking about is hard to defend since your going away from the defender and high. That's the route we should use or the over the top Fade to the corner again away from the defender, which we also don't do well.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
chris98251":1j0fp1ds said:
That's great but Bevell has to also change it up and throw someplace else also, DB's will study tonight and if there is a tell will jump that route.

Graham's first TD gave Wilson a choice. Graham gets double coverage McKissick is open, safety covers McKissick Graham has single coverage. I'd say that's a pretty good design.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He is a BEAST. Those 2 catches, very few players in the league can make those.
As much as I get on Bevell, he didn't call a bad game yesterday.