Russ' sideline "check"

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
so how much do get scrutinized over this coming up... I mean with the great NFL "concern for player safety" and all.. ya know while subjecting players to play on 3 days rest and all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NINEster

Reaction score
Not disclosing an injury for Sherman last season versus Wilson evading concussion protocol?

It's interesting.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I'm sure we'll be fined for it. He should have been checked out sooner. He was eventually checked out and must have passed the tests.

Personally I thought Fitz got up pretty wobbly after a Kam hit and no one sent him off the field for a check. So its clearly not an entirely rigorous process.

classicaaron

Reaction score
Russ is probably more dizzy from doing all his spin moves to stay alive than any concussion could cause him. so hes well conditioned for this type of thing.

Exittium

Reaction score
Stanton was slow all game getting up. Not just from low hits either. His very last LAST he looked gone mentally

xgeoff

Reaction score
I think there will be a fine. Frankly it was pretty irresponsible. How hard would it have been to have the trainer check him out? It takes practically no time at all to check someone's jaw to make sure it's not broken, and another moment to do a quick concussion test with eyes.

More ridiculous BS from the organization when they should know better.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Isn't there penalty for spearing that would get a player DQ'd? I know college has the targeting penalty. I think they should have it in the NFL too.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
xgeoff":2r0ovm1w said:
I think there will be a fine. Frankly it was pretty irresponsible. How hard would it have been to have the trainer check him out? It takes practically no time at all to check someone's jaw to make sure it's not broken, and another moment to do a quick concussion test with eyes.

Were they supposed to restrain Wilson and tranquilize him? That's about what it would take to keep him off the field.
The poor doctor we have gets pushed around enough as it is.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
He said after the game that his jaw wasn't working after the hit. Did RW even know he was sent off the field for a concussion check, or did he think it was one of those where you get sent off for one play because they had to stop the clock for you to get back up? If he thought it was that, then he would naturally run back out after one play when he was eligible. Then the team would get the news that he needed to do the concussion protocol and call him back off the field for it. Which is what happened.

Seems to me like there probably isn't much to see here. Unless you're an internet troll or someone with an agenda. Then there's all kinds of evil intent on the Seahawks' part.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
xgeoff":2wkfdlz8 said:

Considering the overall officiating last night, I thought it was a suspicious that he was sent off the field at all. He was moving his jaw around, but otherwise didnt appear woozy.

Plenty of other players slowly dragging themselves up all game that didnt get sent off the field by ol Walt.

Considering the bogus nature of the officiating, I didnt have a problem at all with Russ doing what he did.

JGreen79

Reaction score
BigBill1945":2a7du61i said:
Isn't there penalty for spearing that would get a player DQ'd? I know college has the targeting penalty. I think they should have it in the NFL too.

Rule 12 article 8. 15 yard unnecessary roughness penalty.

Or

Rule 12 article 13. 15 yard roughing the passer penalty.

DQ'd if officials decide the hit was flagrant.

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000874976/article/nfl-reviewing-russell-wilsons-concussion-test[/urltargetblank]

Wilson was asked about the sequence after the game.

"Well I got smacked in the jaw pretty good there," Wilson said. "I wasn't concussed or anything like that. I felt completely clear. I was just trying to feel my jaw, I was like 'aw man, it's stuck.' I think I was laying on the ground for a second just trying to feel my jaw and I think Walt [Anderson, the referee] thought maybe I was a little injured or something like that. I told him I was good, I was good and he said you got to come off.

"I think Walt did a great job, first of all," Wilson said. "He made the smartest decision. I was fine though. A hundred percent fine. And then I finally went over through the whole concussion stuff. We went through every question you can imagine. I answered even some more for them just so they knew I was good and then went back in there."

According to the joint policy developed by the NFL and NFL Players Association, if the concussion protocol is found to not be properly followed, the team is subject to fines and a potential loss of draft picks.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
JGreen79":14omxag8 said:
BigBill1945":14omxag8 said:

Rule 12 article 8. 15 yard unnecessary roughness penalty.

Or

Rule 12 article 13. 15 yard roughing the passer penalty.

DQ'd if officials decide the hit was flagrant.

Color me "shocked" that they didn't :lol:

chris98251

Reaction score
Now they are investigating, allowing Russell back on the field before they were done is going to get someone in hot water should be the officials for not making sure he was checked but it will be the team, 150,000 dollar fine and the team staff has to go to training class etc.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Russell pushed the tent down and ran back onto the field. No one had the opportunity to stop him, and he wasn't going to let anyone do that anyway. The only one with the power to stop Russ was the ref, by holding up the game until he left the field, which he eventually did. To blame this on the organization seems unfair.

kidhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1oj8z9jo said:
Now they are investigating, allowing Russell back on the field before they were done is going to get someone in hot water should be the officials for not making sure he was checked but it will be the team, 150,000 dollar fine and the team staff has to go to training class etc.

I don't mind if it's just a fine, as long as it doesn't involve draft picks.