Where are we now

chris98251

Reaction score
Great Front seven with a good rotation even with Avril hurt, depth there has been a godsend, Reed Hammy is a concern but he should recover.

Not getting into a debate but we have a top QB

We have a Good Receiver core.

We have a great Punter.

We have a Kicker that now can be called Jekyll and Hyde.

We have a secondary now that is questionable at best, at worst they are going to be tested like no secondary we have had in 8 years due to injuries.

We have a O line that we shudder to have the ball snapped with.

We have no running game to speak of, still in week ten trying to find a RB.

Our special teams are unremarkable as far as returns.

Going forward we are or will be forced to change coverage types without proven guys and on offense we have to throw the restraints off, we are going to have to keep up with other teams I think, we are going to have to hope the young guys season quickly in the secondary.

Coaching.

Pete, you now are forced to adapt the philosophy, ball control and possession isn't going to work when the celebrated part of your defense is in the MASH unit.

Bevell, where do I start, game planning you now have to attack a weakness, you and Pete have to trust Wilson and take the gloves off and let him wing it and be a Gunslinger, your going to have to have multi level route trees with quick hitters and crossing patterns and let him take risks knowing sometimes your gonna make a mistake and trust him to make very few.

Cable, go to the power run scheme and bring back Reese.

Special teams, have to start scheming to break Lockett open.

This now is going to show us how good Pete and his staff is, if this team collapses then it is on the Staff for not adapting to the circumstances. If we start to win games and do it decisively then it could be his best coaching job since 2012 2013 when he had to coach and teach this team that they could win and how to win.

inda2o6

Reaction score
That's asking a lot of Bevell.
I would say the offense is as broken as the mental health hospital i was just let of... :oops:
My therapist can't take much more of my issues, the Seahawks was supposed to help with my coping & use of free time. This isn't going well, atleast i have meds that calm me down, not to the point of depression, the play calling does that for me...

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Really do not see anything changing. It was obvious that Brown was a legitimate LT on the field but nothing changed on the offense,,,,,, at all. Russell had 4-5 seconds at times. Brown went out same exact thing. No run game and covered passing routes.

Still a lot of talent on the D. Not seeing the same drop off as last year when ET was hurt. Really see the same thing marching forward and I think this will be extremely telling. Talent or not, injuries or not,,,,, we are going to see Seattle have the same types of games we have seen recently and the past 2 1/2 years.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Agree on all points except:

I'm not going to pass judgement on the secondary until we see them play 2 games. We have never seen our secondary without Sherman since he got here, so we lack data.

Absolutely correct about bevell and cable. Even if they stumble into something that works, they will change it as soon as we start seeing positive results. They can't get out of their own way. At this point, if I were Pete I would tell them to study the best 3 ranked olines and offenses and copy it. That way we don't have to rely on the brains of either (which are obviously after years of data, flawed).

We are a heart driven backyard ball team that can win any game. Bad news is we can just as easily lose any game. This is completely regardless of the team we play.

Let's just hope we keep it interesting.

HommyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1v8ayqp4 said:
Great Front seven with a good rotation even with Avril hurt, depth there has been a godsend, Reed Hammy is a concern but he should recover.

Not getting into a debate but we have a top QB

We have a Good Receiver core.

We have a great Punter.

We have a Kicker that now can be called Jekyll and Hyde.

We have a secondary now that is questionable at best, at worst they are going to be tested like no secondary we have had in 8 years due to injuries.

We have a O line that we shudder to have the ball snapped with.

We have no running game to speak of, still in week ten trying to find a RB.

Our special teams are unremarkable as far as returns.

Going forward we are or will be forced to change coverage types without proven guys and on offense we have to throw the restraints off, we are going to have to keep up with other teams I think, we are going to have to hope the young guys season quickly in the secondary.

Coaching.

Pete, you now are forced to adapt the philosophy, ball control and possession isn't going to work when the celebrated part of your defense is in the MASH unit.

Bevell, where do I start, game planning you now have to attack a weakness, you and Pete have to trust Wilson and take the gloves off and let him wing it and be a Gunslinger, your going to have to have multi level route trees with quick hitters and crossing patterns and let him take risks knowing sometimes your gonna make a mistake and trust him to make very few.

Cable, go to the power run scheme and bring back Reese.

Special teams, have to start scheming to break Lockett open.

This now is going to show us how good Pete and his staff is, if this team collapses then it is on the Staff for not adapting to the circumstances. If we start to win games and do it decisively then it could be his best coaching job since 2012 2013 when he had to coach and teach this team that they could win and how to win.
This season just got real,agree on all points. Time to push em all in boys , We all we got!........

Ozzy

Reaction score
This team is going to go as far as Wilson takes him. Some how he's underrated by his own fan base but if Pete and the staff let him take the reigns this team has a chance. If Pete is stubborn and tries to win with his ground and point conservative philosophy they won't have much success. I still believe they can win a SB but its going to take some changes.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Im still bummed out. I don't see us outscoring teams in shootouts on a consistent basis. People who dislike bevell or Russ or Pete, it'll all come to a front soon.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2nu1lz67 said:
Agree on all points except:

I'm not going to pass judgement on the secondary until we see them play 2 games. We have never seen our secondary without Sherman since he got here, so we lack data.

Absolutely correct about bevell and cable. Even if they stumble into something that works, they will change it as soon as we start seeing positive results. They can't get out of their own way. At this point, if I were Pete I would tell them to study the best 3 ranked olines and offenses and copy it. That way we don't have to rely on the brains of either (which are obviously after years of data, flawed).

We are a heart driven backyard ball team that can win any game. Bad news is we can just as easily lose any game. This is completely regardless of the team we play.

Let's just hope we keep it interesting.

As of right now, Lane, Griffin, McDougal, Coleman and Hill are the secondary. Many teams would be happy to have it, but wholesale changes mid season to our scheme is going to have to happen with two rookies and a bunch of guys that have not played together under fire. There will be bad handoffs and coverage's and reads, they will have to learn to play together and that only happens when your in a real game.

zchurch74

Reaction score
what drives me up the wall is how we are or are not using Russ and our receivers. The short quick pass game is working. The hurry up also works well for us. Jimmy and Doug had some great quick pass and catches last night. Since we cant run we need to play a little more like the Patriots, sorry, its the truth, and build off of the short pass game. Richardson has shown he is a deep threat and he can catch. Build off of the short pass and hit them deep now and then with the long ball. This is what Brady has been doing for years and how many rings does he have. We defiantly have the talent to do it. Now we just need an OC that understands i.