Carroll needs to call out the officials

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He needs to call them out, be specific about the issue and harp on it until the next game.

He needs to reference specific clips in MULTIPLE games where the officials continually allow defenders to hit our receivers before the ball gets there.

Fine or not, this team is literally being forced to play on a slanted field and this is happening both at home and on the road.

The Redskins game was filled with plays where their defender repeatedly hits our receiver before the ball gets there. The Cards game was the same thing.

In ANY play where our secondary arrives before the ball, it is becomes PI. So Carroll needs to call out that we are being forced to play games where the officials overlook PI repeatedly and it kills our drives.

This is not just the Cards game, but in the Cards and Redskins game it was egregious and one-sided.

classicaaron

Reaction score
agreed, it normally doesn't last but the complaining usually works for at least the next game. and with Julio coming to town we need any help we can get. plus im sure Mr. Allen can afford to pay the fine for him.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I've always kind of accepted this team will be penalized just by the physicality they play with but it needs to go both ways. You can't get flag happy on ticky tack calls and then eat your whistle when the Seahawks get mugged early. Same thing with offensive holding - our guys have a knack to get beat and sometimes get caught trying to slow them down but our DL will get pulled sideways in a clear hold and nothing. It's certainly frustrating.

Seymour

Reaction score
Bad calls or not. You play that undisciplined week after week, you get what you get.

Carroll calling out the officials is like Satan complaining about a heat wave. :177692:

xStickybudz

Reaction score
I agree something should be said, yesterday was one of the first times iv been completely beside myself

cymatica

Reaction score
Pete has complained several times over the years for them just to call the game the same for both teams. Falls on def ears

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Seymour":37gxrgj8 said:
Bad calls or not. You play that undisciplined week after week, you get what you get.

Carroll calling out the officials is like Satan complaining about a heat wave. :177692:

I'd agree with you is that was the case last night. But clearly there were two standards going on. Both teams were playing equally undisciplined but only one side was getting flagged. Nothing we were flagged for was any more egregious than countless plays by the Cards that went unpenalized.

There were half a dozen flags where literally I asked myself and the TV, "How was he supposed to play that to be within the rules?"

And since when can you turn and run for seven yards and get called an incomplete pass? The rules are about going to the ground "in the act of catching the ball" not "in the act of trying to run upfield"

AgentDib

Reaction score
There is a snowball effect with penalties sometimes labeled the Michael Jordan effect. It's well known that humans attempt to fit new information into what they expect to see, and if you get a rep for something (Kearse OPI) then you're probably going to be called for it too often. I don't think it's a conspiracy but it is unconscious bias and it's very important that officials are aware of that and judge each play on it's own merits rather than their preconceptions.

What is the likelihood that the block in the back on their TD goes uncalled if it was committed by us? I put it around zero percent.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
He will, he'll send those ticky tack horrible calls against Shaq and Coleman to the league office for review.

That's the kind of crap that makes people think the games are fixed. Refs were HORRIFIC last night.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Seeing Pete's face when they overturned the fumble was priceless. He was literally floored at the stupidity of it all. Had to turn away

Even douchebag Arians seemed to be in shock.

Exittium

Reaction score
I loved that after a slew of shit flags and calls all night that during halftime then NFL takes a jab at us for Sunday’s loss.. Then a twist of the dagger with the SB lol. So much bullshit

Seymour

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3vp17gxa said:
Seymour":3vp17gxa said:

I'd agree with you is that was the case last night. But clearly there were two standards going on. Both teams were playing equally undisciplined but only one side was getting flagged. Nothing we were flagged for was any more egregious than countless plays by the Cards that went unpenalized.

There were half a dozen flags where literally I asked myself and the TV, "How was he supposed to play that to be within the rules?"

And since when can you turn and run for seven yards and get called an incomplete pass? The rules are about going to the ground "in the act of catching the ball" not "in the act of trying to run upfield"

We got a couple bad calls, and will again like every team, but not nearly what you make it to be IMO.

You may want to try some new glasses.

Sea 12/108 Arz 9/58

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Seymour":2vk9qtr5 said:
Mad Dog":2vk9qtr5 said:
Seymour":2vk9qtr5 said:

We got a couple bad calls, and will again like every team, but not nearly what you make it to be IMO.

Sea 12/108 Arz 9/58

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are in the minority here, not the other way around.

The officiating absolutely impacted the game, and was imbalanced in the nature in which the penalties were being called.

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3og88uj3 said:
Seymour":3og88uj3 said:
Mad Dog":3og88uj3 said:
Seymour":3og88uj3 said:

Sea 12/108 Arz 9/58

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are in the minority here, not the other way around.

The officiating absolutely impacted the game, and was imbalanced in the nature in which the penalties were being called.

My opinion is correct. He said ONLY one side was getting flagged, I proved that wrong. We made our bed with our reputation, now we have to live with it and people are freakin. I said we had some bad calls too BTW.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Seymour":183jk13d said:
Mad Dog":183jk13d said:
Seymour":183jk13d said:

Sea 12/108 Arz 9/58

You're leaving out some things that don't make sense. Yeah the penalties were close but there were a few that weren't called like the one on Lockett yet Griffin gets one for playing absolutely great defense. Even Collingsworth said if he was Pete or a Seahawks fan he would be upset too implying it was terrible.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Seymour":1h7bix6r said:
Hawkpower":1h7bix6r said:
Seymour":1h7bix6r said:
Mad Dog":1h7bix6r said:

Sea 12/108 Arz 9/58

My opinion is correct. He said one side was getting flagged, I proved that wrong. We made our bed with our reputation, now we have to live with it and people are freakin. I said we had some bad calls too BTW.

It was the nature of the calls. 12-9 doesnt tell the whole story.

Our style of play should not in any way impact the way a game is called. Dont defend that nonsense.

PI should be PI regardless. Last night that was not the case. They were allowing AZ to be physical in the secondary and not granting that same freedom to Seattle. That's BS.

But hey, if you want to believe that a few false starts by AZ (calls that have to be made and not really open to interpretation) make it suddenly fair go ahead and play the contrarian role.

Seymour

Reaction score
austinslater25":1iqd2ihg said:
Seymour":1iqd2ihg said:
Mad Dog":1iqd2ihg said:
Seymour":1iqd2ihg said:

Sea 12/108 Arz 9/58

You're leaving out some things that don't make sense. Yeah the penalties were close but there were a few that weren't called like the one on Lockett yet Griffin gets one for playing absolutely great defense. Even Collingsworth said if he was Pete or a Seahawks fan he would be upset too implying it was terrible.

I could find penalties EVERY GAME that are not called that should be. Also for the 3rd time yes we had some BS calls like 2-3 maybe. I'm not complaining because we brought that attention on ourselves. Fair? No, but understandable. There will be games it goes the other way I suspect also.

potatohead

Reaction score
Seymour":j1wthdy4 said:
Hawkpower":j1wthdy4 said:
Seymour":j1wthdy4 said:
Mad Dog":j1wthdy4 said:

Sea 12/108 Arz 9/58

My opinion is correct. He said ONLY one side was getting flagged, I proved that wrong. We made our bed with our reputation, now we have to live with it and people are freakin. I said we had some bad calls too BTW.

Did you watch the game?

In the first half Arizona had six, SIX unsuccessful third downs (one may have been second down and four were on one TD drive) converted into first downs by penalty. Two were illegal hands to the face which were essentially non-existent, one was Luke Willson falling onto a dudes legs and another was Michael Bennett phantom facemask on Stanton when he actually just grabbed his shoulder pad. Arizona also had two (maybe three) penalties against their punt receiving team pushing them back 10 yards to start a drive which is not nearly as penal. The numbers do not tell the whole story.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3u39nsxf said:
He needs to call them out, be specific about the issue and harp on it until the next game.

He needs to reference specific clips in MULTIPLE games where the officials continually allow defenders to hit our receivers before the ball gets there.

Fine or not, this team is literally being forced to play on a slanted field and this is happening both at home and on the road.

The Redskins game was filled with plays where their defender repeatedly hits our receiver before the ball gets there. The Cards game was the same thing.

In ANY play where our secondary arrives before the ball, it is becomes PI. So Carroll needs to call out that we are being forced to play games where the officials overlook PI repeatedly and it kills our drives.

This is not just the Cards game, but in the Cards and Redskins game it was egregious and one-sided.
IF he complains, it will fall on deaf ears.
The NFL Powers that be are SHAPING games so they don't become blowouts.
What the DUMBASSES fail to realize, is that the viewers aren't so stupid, that the can't see right through their charade.
I quit watching phony wrestling when I was about 10 Years old because the acting by the Referee's and the wrestlers had gotten so blatantly absurd, that it became unwatchable.
People hate being played for fools, and by their attempts at shaping & FIXING games, they are risking losing viewership and in the end, could very well end up biting the NFL in the A$$.
I'm not interested in who the >>NFL<< WANTS to win it all.

Seymour

Reaction score
potatohead":31h4ojbs said:
Seymour":31h4ojbs said:
Hawkpower":31h4ojbs said:
Seymour":31h4ojbs said:

Sea 12/108 Arz 9/58

Did you watch the game?

In the first half Arizona had six, SIX unsuccessful third downs (one may have been second down and four were on one TD drive) converted into first downs by penalty. Two were illegal hands to the face which were essentially non-existent, one was Luke Willson falling onto a dudes legs and another was Michael Bennett phantom facemask on Stanton when he actually just grabbed his shoulder pad. Arizona also had two (maybe three) penalties against their punt receiving team pushing them back 10 yards to start a drive which is not nearly as penal. The numbers do not tell the whole story.

Did you have help with your user name? :roll:

The rest of that....I'm not going to repeat myself again.