Sherman's 2016 Article on Thursday Night Football

timmat

Reaction score
Seems like a relevant time to revisit this well-written article by Sherman from Dec. of 2016, wich details why he does not like Thurs games. In it, he gives a skeleton outline of a regular weekly schedule, and then one for a Thurs night football week. He also notes that JJ Watt's season ended last year on a Thurs night.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/richa ... -football/

I like his idea of having only 3 preseason games and adding a buy week prior to Thurs night football for everyone if the NFL insists on keeping this game.

The best solution would be to kill it off though.

purpleneer

Reaction score
One of the biggest issues I have with the NFL.
I disagree about dropping a preseason game, especially with the restrictions on practice time. A second bye is a good idea even without TNF, but doesn't require reducing preseason. Thursday football should only happen in week 1 and on Thanksgiving.

kidhawk

Reaction score
They really don't have to make any changes to the schedule, they could just give up a handful of Thursday night games and only play Thursday Night games after bye weeks. They could schedule the byes so teams that aren't getting SNF and MNF games get a shot to play on TNF, giving every team a chance at a national game each year. Sure they'd lose a handful of televised games, but they'd keep the schedule intact and have players and teams actually ready to play a game on Thursday's instead of what we have now, which is basically teams resting players and conducting walk-throughs prior to the Thursday games.