The new Steve Largent.

Reaction score
Does anyone else see the similarities in Doug Baldwin and Largent.
Both largely after thoughts in the draft, and free agency, both having to be the focus of the offense and the other teams primary receiver to stop.
Often times doubled and triple covered.

THIS team is much more talented than those other Seahawk teams, but with our offensive line issues and no running game, I am not sure Baldwin doesn't have it worse especially of late.
Baldwin is like a clone of Largent in the way he runs he's routes, and his footwork,and his work ethic.

I can't remember a Seahawk receiver since Largent to have his ability to catch the ball and make the acrobatic catches look routine.
Seriously, mad Doug is probably the most underrated receiver in football.
This team is going to miss him when he decides to someday hang it up.

MAD RESPECT TO YOU DOUG!.

kidhawk

Reaction score
The Great Hawktini":1klm2lc9 said:
Both largely after thoughts in the draft, and free agency, both having to be the focus of the offense and the other teams primary receiver to stop.

THIS team is much more talented than those other Seahawk teams, but with our offensive line issues and no running game, I am not sure Baldwin doesn't have it worse especially of late.
Baldwin is like a clone of Largent in the way he runs he's routes, and his footwork,and his work ethic.

I can't remember a Seahawk receiver since Largent to have his ability to catch the ball and make the acrobatic catches look routine.

I actually see a lot of similarities between Baldwin and Engram. When we first brought in Baldwin, I really wanted to see him take over that role of getting us those clutch 3rd down receptions. He's done that and so much more. He exceeded my expectations in every possible way.

djb28

Reaction score
He has come a long way since he did the pull your pants down Butt Wipe gesture!

zchurch74

Reaction score
Doug is the Man in our household. All my kids know who he is and know how good and reliable he is for us. He has grown up so much in the last couple years. I really hope he retires a Seahawk.

I really want to buy his jersey but then l will jinx it and he will be traded

chris98251

Reaction score
Doug spent time seeking out Steve and having him tutor him on route running and making moves to release etc. Might be why we all see some of that. He does have that uncanny knack of getting open for a pedestrian receiver, Largent was considered pedestrian as well in Houston before we got him in the supplemental draft.

Seymour

Reaction score
Pretty sure I've watched every game (or very close) BOTH have every played as a Seahawk. I'll just say no and leave it at that.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Largent I don't think ever had the quickness Baldwin has, but Largent was probably the greatest route runner ever... Well, perhaps arguably.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1i2y3xjw said:
Pretty sure I've watched every game (or very close) BOTH have every played as a Seahawk. I'll just say no and leave it at that.
:ditto:

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I wouldn't same similar styles buuut they both have sure hands and crisp route running and both are always overlooked. Both made clutch catches for this team. So I could see why someone would say that but they are still very different.

beaumaris

Reaction score
zchurch74":2hh8c7km said:
Doug is the Man in our household. All my kids know who he is and know how good and reliable he is for us. He has grown up so much in the last couple years. I really hope he retires a Seahawk.

You got that right,buying a jersey of your favorite is not a good idea.never works for me.
The best idea is to buy the jersey of the guy you'd like to get rid of. :2thumbs:

beaumaris

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2vnmgkqk said:
Largent I don't think ever had the quickness Baldwin has, but Largent was probably the greatest route runner ever... Well, perhaps arguably.
And Zorn was no slouch hitting him on the money.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2tfi9wzn said:

I remember Steve say 30 years ago one of his tricks was to get the defender to make eye contact with him and once he did that he owned them (paraphrasing for current colloquialism).

look into my eyes

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
beaumaris":3sez0pv4 said:
zchurch74":3sez0pv4 said:

You got that right,buying a jersey of your favorite is not a good idea.never works for me.
The best idea is to buy the jersey of the guy you'd like to get rid of. :2thumbs:
Bevell doesn’t have a jersey. 8)

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2h3iwpkv said:
beaumaris":2h3iwpkv said:
zchurch74":2h3iwpkv said:

Bevell doesn’t have a jersey. 8)

Sure he does! ;)

Jersey waterboy foot orange boucher 9

chris98251

Reaction score
Doug is a different athlete then Steve, he had Steve come in and he talked and had Steve show him techniques and some tricks to running routes and about setting guys up and getting off the line, he is dependable like Steve, faster then Steve and bigger. But he takes the approach Steve did with homework and setting guys up.

He has more a Steve Smith mentality as in always angry and a chip on his shoulder.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The Great Hawktini":3ifo3uy0 said:

I felt the same way SINCE HIS ROOKIE SEASON.
You can't Coach that kind of commitment up, it's either there or it isn't.
When Tarvarus Jackson was his QB, 'Mad Dog Doug' was making incredible catches, and he hasn't trailed off nor declined since.
He is the perfect teammate to Russ....These two guys are warriors extraordinaire, and the reason we are still in the mix.

The Breh

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":312cybes said:
He reminds me more of Steve Smith.
I've said this for years now.
Plays angry, scrappy, small in stature, huge in heart.
I'm really surprised I don't hear this more often.