Don't lose hope yet

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
It's been a long time since I posted here. But, like many of you, I've been a Seahawks fan for 22 years. I've seen the worst from Kitna, to Dilfer, to Jim Mora (shudder) and I've had the great pleasure of seeing the best over the last 7 years. I know it looks bleak but this is an opportunity on the scale we have not seen. The injuries are going to test this team like none other but I'm not sure why, I have a feeling we can still get this done.

This has the potential to challenge and push these guys to the point that maybe, they finally find that fire that they've been missing since the loss to New England. We have 10 days before Monday night. If we can get some guys rested up, the leaders of this team, Earl, Kam, Russ, Bobby, KJ, Sheldon, Doug, Jimmy all have a chance to step it up one more notch and get this done.

I know you all are feeling down, but these guys need us as much as we need them. So, what do you all say? I'm in. are you?

kidhawk

Reaction score
FearTheHawk":3a8w8945 said:
It's been a long time since I posted here. But, like many of you, I've been a Seahawks fan for 22 years. I've seen the worst from Kitna, to Dilfer, to Jim Mora (shudder) and I've had the great pleasure of seeing the best over the last 7 years. I know it looks bleak but this is an opportunity on the scale we have not seen. The injuries are going to test this team like none other but I'm not sure why, I have a feeling we can still get this done.

This has the potential to challenge and push these guys to the point that maybe, they finally find that fire that they've been missing since the loss to New England. We have 10 days before Monday night. If we can get some guys rested up, the leaders of this team, Earl, Kam, Russ, Bobby, KJ, Sheldon, Doug, Jimmy all have a chance to step it up one more notch and get this done.

I know you all are feeling down, but these guys need us as much as we need them. So, what do you all say? I'm in. are you?

I admit, last night's injury fest has me a bit down, but definitely not out. I want to see how this team rebounds when we play Atlanta at home on MNF. That game will tell us a lot about what to expect for the rest of the season. Luckily we always seem to get up for MNF, so I'm hoping we do that again and ease my concerns over this team moving forward. No matter what though, this team has a tougher road ahead of it now then it did before yesterday's game. It's not impossible by any means, but definitely a lot harder.

rcaido

Reaction score
As long as we have Wilson, I'll never lose hope.

The receiving core is the best Wilson has had and this is the best front 7 on defense we have had in awhile.

We will probably play less conservative now. Wilson will carry us to the promise land.

Ozzy

Reaction score
They still have a chance and I'm not throwing in the towel. They will definitely need to play a little differently and unleash Wilson from the opening snap. I seriously hope Pete will allow it.

RussB

Reaction score
Losing sherman is a big setback. Hes been such a key piece in that defense for years now. They have never had to play a single game without him. Defense will regress for sure. Along with other injuries. Im still glad ET3 is coming back though.

I havent lost hope yet, but the other guys will need to step up big time and Wilson is going to need to carry this team to the playoffs then through the playoffs.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Its hard to not lose some hope. Its how you bounce back through it is what makes you. Right now? I'm bummed. It seems LOB is about done. Earl last year, kam banged up and now Sherman. I think this is what let me down the most as they aren't young.

Now its up to the offense IMO to show what we have. MNF will be a huge game to see what are about.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Maybe the team get's that old "feel disrespected" chip on their shoulder. There is still a lot of talent on this D and as Uncle Si wrote if we implode from losing one CB on defense than we were not that good to begin with (paraphrasing). Maybe that's the case but I don't think so. Yes I realize how good RS was but this is a team game. Getting rid of our penalty problem would go a long way.

We haven't had that much of a drop off with ET out, at least not as bad as last year. McDougald has played well for us. Also we will be getting ET back.

Don't know how long Reed will be gone for but Naz Jones has been a pleasant surprise and so has Dwight Freeney. If we can get the production out of Dion Jordan for a full game that he did last night that would be significant. Bennett is on pace for the best season of his career (weird how many here think he is having a down year),

Shead is coming back. Coleman has been awesome. Griffin has made some rookie mistakes but has also made some All Pro plays. Wish we could get steady at the SAM but Wags and Wright are a lethal duo.

Not sure how long Kam is out for but I bet McDougald could fill in at SS.

Gonna give it a couple of games before I give up on the D.