What do you think is Russell Wilson's peak?

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Since people like to talk and debate I'd like to throw this out here.

Analyst's believe it is Wilson's team now. The defense is hurt and fading and its up to Wilson.

I've lurked here for years and seen either A) pro Wilson fans or B) anit Wilson fans or C) neutral honest thoughts.

So what do you guys think his peak is? Has he reached it?

Will he make another SB?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
He wont make another SB under this coaching regime, but I feel he has another one in him. I'm not sure if he's peaked or not, but he's a pretty awesome QB in my opinion.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I agree the sky’s the limit for RW. I think his development under this coaching staff might be at its max. He credits his development in college to his college OC - Paul Chryst. If the Seahawks decide to make changes regarding coaches, Chryst would be an intriguing option.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Russell Wilson in another system would light the world on fire. Just look at some of the hurdles he's straight Elroy Jetson jetpacked over to be where he is today. Pimpin hasn't even missed a game for us. The hits he takes (of his own doing and otherwise) and he just shrugs his shoulders and says "NAH, that ain't nothing, watch THIS!"...um, yeah, I'll be a Homer. Seattle won't ever forget the name Russell Wilson. His "Make 'Em Miss!" commercial STILL holds true, after EVERYTHING the league has tried to throw at him. Yeah, Tommy boots and Brees, Erin...Newton, they're nice, but give me young Mighty Russell. 12 out of 10 times.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The only thing that will do him in is injuries which with this line is one inevitable. He's a top 7 qb right now

RussB

Reaction score
I think he is just hitting his prime. And might even get better, hes become a much better pocket passer and has finally shown he is capable of performing strictly in the pocket if he has too. He also hasnt lost his mobility and doesnt look to run first he only runs when he has too and has a good sense of when to run and when not to. On the run hes aaron rodgers esque, only him and aaron can escape and throw on the run like they do.

Wilson just needs a solid offensive line and atleast a sub par running game to keep defenses off of him. Also a better OC would help. If he gets that he can be one of the greatest QB's of all time hes that good. Hes also clutch and you cant teach that.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I think you'd be hard pressed to find a QB who literally did it all himself. Not Brady or Manning or Rodgers. I think Russ has a chance to go to the SB every year but like all QBs he needs some help.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
This year and next 3 years well be his prime. He will lose a little quickness and speed but the game should already be allowed down for him now. I ding think he's plateaued quite yet but he's close right now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilson reaching his peak may or may not every happen, being in a offense where he can use all his tools at will instead of desperation would be something to see, imagine a good line pass blocking allowing him to use progressions fully and a running game that a defense has to account for and can't just pin their ears back on. Not having those he gets what's available on any given play.

Smellyman

Reaction score
off script he is maybe the best this league has ever seen.

On Script there is a terrible writer. George Lucas like dialog.

Need a better writer

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I'd take what he is right now and just have him do that for the next 10yrs and he is a first ballot Hall of Famer.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Future HoFer even with the handcuffs presented to him with this regime. I feel very strongly that Russ has at least one more ring in him. He's just that special, circumstances be damned. This is a once in a generation player folks. Enjoy him.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He still has learning and developing to do.
Reading defenses and using the audible more.
I really wish he would change some of those play calls that we know never work.
He is better in the pocket since last year and I'm not saying he is far off from top 3 status.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Russ seems to pick up a new skill every year with the help of his offensive staff. I think that growth will continue and he will have at least a couple of rings before it's said and done. He's in the perfect place to develop.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3j1hcoqp said:
Russ seems to pick up a new skill every year with the help of his offensive staff. I think that growth will continue and he will have at least a couple of rings before it's said and done. He's in the perfect place to develop.

Yeah our offensive staff once we fire Cable and Bevell and Pete decides to isolate himself to the defensive side of things. Richard appears to need help there.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1pjfy15s said:
Since people like to talk and debate I'd like to throw this out here.

Analyst's believe it is Wilson's team now. The defense is hurt and fading and its up to Wilson.

I've lurked here for years and seen either A) pro Wilson fans or B) anit Wilson fans or C) neutral honest thoughts.

So what do you guys think his peak is? Has he reached it?

Will he make another SB?
Oh hell no. He's got years. He's never had a good offensive line post beast-mode, and that is mandatory for figuring out what his peak is.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
People forget, this is Wilson's 6th year, on a run first team for most of his career. Put him in a pass happy offense and watch out!

Most elite QBs and 2nd Tier QBs have at least 10 years over Wilson. You can say that the young guns like Wentz, Goff, and Marriota are playing great as well, but let's see them do it for at least 5 years with some adversities like no running game or oline.

Matt Ryan has 4 years over Wilson.
Alex Smith have 6 years over WIlson.
Cam Newton have 1 year over Wilson.

In the end this is a team game, and it takes a team to win. If we get a running game going, this team can make a great push the next 5 games, this is where i'm hoping Mike Davis starts surging.