Are you having fun watching this team?

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I'm interested in taking the temperature of people's emotions. Arguably, the reason to watch sports is to have fun, be distracted and take pride in your city.

So with that said, are the Seahawks a fun team to watch recently?

Is the NFL a fun product to watch recently?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think its fun. We are winning, nothing to complain about.

RussB

Reaction score
Yes, but the sherman and duane brown injury left a poor taste in my mouth.

cymatica

Reaction score
Yes and no. Almost every game is a down to the wire slugfest. A nice change of pace from most the nfl.

The inconsistent offence and officiating are what ruin it. Actually, I could probably live with the stupid offense making games close if the officials would step back.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I enjoy watching the defense and Russell Wilson. Pound for pound they're still in the top of the league as far as talent goes and they can match up with anyone. Just a matter of getting it all together - we've seen flashes of it, no teams are really that dominant this year (Eagles maybe). Could be the Browns and gearing up for yet another HC firing and new QB drafted.

classicaaron

Reaction score
id say im more frustrated than entertained. I guess at the end of the day its entertaining because every game has been tight. but yet I know this team should be so much better than it is. and the non stop penalties drive me nuts. so that part is frustrating. but then Russ does something super exciting and its fun. so I guess its 50/50

dbmack

Reaction score
Always fun no matter what. I don't watch to be distracted or pride in my city since I'm not from Seattle. The Seahawks don't just represent Seattle and I am proud of them being in the state I have lived in my entire 65 years of living.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Also in "yes and no".

I can deal with injuries. They happen. I can deal with tough games. They happen. NFL teams are all very close in talent.

I start to have less fun when the officials don't call a game the same for both teams. Sometimes in the past we benefit from this, sometimes we don't. This season we are straight up getting taken to the woodshed by the officials. Do our guys make mistakes? yes but not at a level that is an astronomical anomaly that t his season is. I am not a conspiracy theorist but I truly am beginning to believe our outspoken team is being unequally penalized due to preconceived notions about them. And I say this as someone who HATES absolutely HATES anyone who has a victim mentality or penchant for complaining - after a while a spade is a spade. We are getting screwed.

That sort of thing makes me not want to watch.

secondary to this, I'm annoyed that we've neglected the line and put so much faith in the "process". This has been covered ad nauseum so I won't continue.

What I will continue to say is that our play calling is still baffling with the previous point considered. What was with the double reverse jet sweep? HELLO. we do not have time to execute a simple play action pass, what on god's green earth would ever possess bevell to think we have time for THAT play against THAT defense? ??

????????

/

?

I'm having fun - but these couple things are vastly annoying and baffling to me, but maybe I'm just a big idiot who "doesn't understand the game" and plays too much madden.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Yes and no. Love this team. But the parts that are hurting them are terribly frustrating to watch...the penalties. Some are maybe undeserved but lots are of the teams own doing.
And the offense is frustrating too, when seeing RW get swarmed and we simply can't adjust or won't.

I may say I can't stand seeing this anymore, but I am back every Sunday (or Thursday / Monday)

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
No, and it's troubling to me. Watching the Hawks with the family used to be the favorite part of my week. Lately the constant penalties, questionable playcalling, inability to run the ball and constantly giving up 9 yards on 3rd and 8 has driven me to the brink. I try to keep expectations low so that I can enjoy the game more but it is hard... the political bullshit doesn't help either.

I do love watching Russ work his magic.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Not really. This team is so loaded with potential and yet every week it feels like struggling to get a lawnmower going.

I can't known what it is, exactly, but either the players just aren't fighting for it anymore (which I don't want to believe) or the coaching staff doesn't know how to squeeze the most out of this loaded roster (which seems more likely).

It's also frustrating to see no one held accountable, and nothing change. Now I'm worried they can chalk this year's shortfall up to injuries and no one will be cut loose.

renofox

Reaction score
Hawknballs":19b8gapy said:
Also in "yes and no".

I can deal with injuries. They happen. I can deal with tough games. They happen. NFL teams are all very close in talent.

I start to have less fun when the officials don't call a game the same for both teams. Sometimes in the past we benefit from this, sometimes we don't. This season we are straight up getting taken to the woodshed by the officials. Do our guys make mistakes? yes but not at a level that is an astronomical anomaly that t his season is. I am not a conspiracy theorist but I truly am beginning to believe our outspoken team is being unequally penalized due to preconceived notions about them. And I say this as someone who HATES absolutely HATES anyone who has a victim mentality or penchant for complaining - after a while a spade is a spade. We are getting screwed.

That sort of thing makes me not want to watch.

secondary to this, I'm annoyed that we've neglected the line and put so much faith in the "process". This has been covered ad nauseum so I won't continue.

What I will continue to say is that our play calling is still baffling with the previous point considered. What was with the double reverse jet sweep? HELLO. we do not have time to execute a simple play action pass, what on god's green earth would ever possess bevell to think we have time for THAT play against THAT defense? ??

????????

/

?

I'm having fun - but these couple things are vastly annoying and baffling to me, but maybe I'm just a big idiot who "doesn't understand the game" and plays too much madden.
My thoughts, exactly.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I'm in the yes and no as well. I like were we are in the standings. Love watching the D when it is playing at an exceptional level. Was enjoying just watching Brown on the line. It's fun watching an o-lineman play correctly on this team. Have to say at times RW brings me sheer joy when turns into a wizard and also throws those beautiful dime drop bombs.

Can't handle the 3 and outs at times, especially when we are gifted good field position. Only penalties that really piss me of is when one, the refs don't call the same penalties on the other team they are calling on us and two, false starts on the O-line drive me absolutely crazy.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fun, w/a little frustrating thrown in. They drive me crazy, but time and time again they find a way to win. So, that's fun for me. They also clearly have a lot of heart to play thru a ridiculous amount of flags, injuries etc.

rcaido

Reaction score
Last 2 games were hard too watch...Officiating makes me not even want to watch but i still do it. Ifedi also gets on my nerves most games along with the dumb play calling.

its going to be weird not being able to watch 2 Sundays without the Seahawks playing...I guess ill have to watch the Rams crumble. Lets go Texans & Vikings!

chris98251

Reaction score
Not like I used to, they used to be allowed to play, ticky tack calls were not the norm, if it was away from the ball and was not flagrant or a dangerous type foul for a player physically then it was not called, pass interference on a player because he bumped someone and the ball was already in flight a hold or something opposite field of play that wasn't a take down and just a slight jersey pull and didn't impede the rusher, those things that would not have affected the play were not called, now they are, I think it is replay more then anything, officials are under the watchful eye every play and get graded if they miss something so they over compensate.

It ruins the flow of the game, which is what is enjoyable.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I am but it is stressfull. I think we as fans have much higher expectations. We don't realize that for this team to do this well consistently over the past so many years is not normal. There is so much parody in the league it is hard to be consistently good. We often win ugly but it is still a win. An ugly win is better than a close loss. Just not good for my blood pressure.

I do agree that bad officiating takes away from the entertainment. What other sport has this much controversy week in and week out in every game? It is not like the league can't afford to fix it.