Looks like Maxwell is being brought in (Signs 1 Year Deal)

RussB

Reaction score
Havent seen a thread but mutiple sources on twitter have said this so looks like its going to be true. I think this deserves its own thread because this isnt really about sherman.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Edoteque/status/929055641099911168[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CHawk_Talk/status/929053146122297344[/tweet]
Dont know how legit these sources are but would be nice to have him back. Revis would also be nice for depth at this point.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I think 90% of Seahawks fans could have tweeted this very thing. It just makes too much sense to not at least give him a look and see what his asking price is. I'd honestly be surprised if these weren't true, but neither of these guys seems like they have any actual knowledge. Probably just following up from this HSU tweet:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/929047033670860800[/tweet]

Mizak

Reaction score
Seahawks don't have faith in Lane and Coleman?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Mizak":2okhgwun said:

Has less to do with faith and more to do with depth. If you need to sign someone (and we need the depth) why not get the best player available in your price range? The question now becomes, who is that guy? It may be Maxwell, it may not.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
RussB":25j74x1e said:
Mizak":25j74x1e said:
I dont have faith in Lane

Is Coleman not capable of playing any other spot beside the slot? You would think so. Jeremy is taller but speeds are equal. Looks like a philosophy thing over production thing again. Coleman has played much better than Lane. Lane should never be anything more than the #4 CB (unless he gets his head out of his ass).

Exittium

Reaction score
If we have the money go maxi and Griff and Shead and Coleman rotate in the nickel

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
We don't have the $$$ and IMO this is going to become sacrificing the future for now. Already shifted multiple millions to next year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":3chl1zf1 said:
We don't have the $$$ and IMO this is going to become sacrificing the future for now. Already shifted multiple millions to next year.
According to Clayton they do. Miami still is on the hook for 8+million, and other teams can sign him for $775,000 if he chooses to sign.

renofox

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":w31qtwpz said:
EverydayImRusselin":w31qtwpz said:
According to Clayton they do. Miami still is on the hook for 8+million, and other teams can sign him for $775,000 if he chooses to sign.

I think you're right. If his salary was guaranteed (which as vet it should be) and he is released can't another team sign him for vet minimum after clearing waivers? Wouldn't that be less than $775k for 7 games?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Exittium":v4m526m0 said:
If we have the money go maxi and Griff and Shead and Coleman rotate in the nickel

Thinking Griffin and Coleman at 1 and 2 then let the chips fall. With ET at FS of course. I might be missing something though with Coleman at the 1 or 2 because the coaching staff are very reluctant about bringing Coleman out of the 3.

poly1274

Reaction score
What about kelly jennings or Brian Russell.

I mean we can convert Brian Russell to play Corner.