The answer is right in front of us!!

Anthony!

Reaction score
So the answer to our offensive problems is and has been right in front of us. We have seen it in spots, we saw it the 2nd half of 2015. The answer is the uptempo, West Coast, boom offense we ran in the 2nd half of 2015, we ran against the Texans and we run whenever we have no choice. If you look at any game were we just move the offense with no problems, usually, with a sense of urgency that is what we are talking about, In that offense, we are quick to get the ball out, there are layer routes, we sprinkle in the run when they least expected it, we commit fewer penalties, and so on and so on, We are literally unstoppable.

The question is when we will just use it from start to finish every game, and who is the one deciding not to?

When who is ever is making the choice not to use it except when we have to, gets their head out of their A$$ and starts letting the offense run what works best we will take off and be nearly unbeatable. Until then we will struggle. So at this point, it is on the coaches.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Makes it really hard on the defense with 30 sec 3 and outs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
Wenhawk":34smfl37 said:

If we ran the offense I am talking about there would be very few 3 and outs at all. Also a lot of those 3 and outs were due to penalties.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It’s all up to the game planning, play calling, offensive philosophy.

All 3 of those need to change. That change is what you are referring to.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
Wenhawk":190gworl said:

As opposed to 90 second 3 and outs? :sarcasm_on:

I don't think we will ever go straight to the WCO, but I am sure not enjoying whatever the hell you call what we are putting out there now.

sdog1981

Reaction score
It's almost as if you are saying the team needs a coach to coordinate all of the offensive players to function as a single unit?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sdog1981":26lzzxya said:
It's almost as if you are saying the team needs a coach to coordinate all of the offensive players to function as a single unit?
Yes, a credible one though.

907Hawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":ccp2zv2e said:
So the answer to our offensive problems is and has been right in front of us. We have seen it in spots, we saw it the 2nd half of 2015. The answer is the uptempo, West Coast, boom offense we ran in the 2nd half of 2015, we ran against the Texans and we run whenever we have no choice. If you look at any game were we just move the offense with no problems, usually, with a sense of urgency that is what we are talking about, In that offense, we are quick to get the ball out, there are layer routes, we sprinkle in the run when they least expected it, we commit fewer penalties, and so on and so on, We are literally unstoppable.

The question is when we will just use it from start to finish every game, and who is the one deciding not to?

When who is ever is making the choice not to use it except when we have to, gets their head out of their A$$ and starts letting the offense run what works best we will take off and be nearly unbeatable. Until then we will struggle. So at this point, it is on the coaches.

So, what you are saying is the Hawks need to always play like they do when they are playing well, like that one time 2 years ago. :irishdrinkers: I do agree about the up tempo offense as an affective tool but it's not something I would expect to see run the entire game. How about they stop the stupid penalties, and carry out their assignments better.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
907Hawk":bkuqijpe said:
Anthony!":bkuqijpe said:

So, what you are saying is the Hawks need to always play like they do when they are playing well, like that one time 2 years ago. :irishdrinkers: I do agree about the up tempo offense as an affective tool but it's not something I would expect to see run the entire game. How about they stop the stupid penalties, and carry out their assignments better.

To this team it seems the former is easier than the latter.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":yvo0l87g said:
sdog1981":yvo0l87g said:
Yes, a credible one though.
You mean like the one we had in the shootout with the Steelers, and through 2nd half of 2015?

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
907Hawk":2ybp6vh0 said:
Anthony!":2ybp6vh0 said:

well it is not just 2 years ago but pretty much anytime you see us moving the ball with ease and being quick to the line, and quick to start the play that is what they are doing. Example against Houston we still committed 10 penalties or 120 yards but we were able to overcome it because of the type of offense we used. FYT I do agree cutting down on penalties would help

chris98251

Reaction score
In up tempo the simplify the blocking scheme also if I remember correctly going to a more power run and straight up pass protection.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Anthony!":25cgey8q said:
Wenhawk":25cgey8q said:

If we ran the offense I am talking about there would be very few 3 and outs at all. Also a lot of those 3 and outs were due to penalties.

How do you know?
But, It will be nice to know we won't have those penalties anymore.

Seymour

Reaction score
Just let Russell lose for back yard ball and drive the haters mad. :twisted:

At least that would make it a partially successful season.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I'm not sure what we ran against Houston was that similar to the end of 2015 offense. It was somewhere between that and hero-ball where Russ and the receivers were on fire against a dumpster fire secondary. The difference between now and the end of 2015 was that we were running the ball 50% of the time and it was actually working. We had Rawls for a bit and then CMike even had a solid game against the Cards when he came back.

Now, there is no credible run threat. The best we have on that front is Russ.

Seafan

Reaction score
Wenhawk":vphlznbo said:

How is that different than the current offense? First downs helps the defense. The offense has difficulty converting the 3rd and longs so it's the same thing, 3 and out. Russ was meant for sandlot football.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
The offense still isnt playing good enough. Can't keep the opposing D on the field or keep ours off.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
chris98251":3eglq0mx said:
In up tempo the simplify the blocking scheme also if I remember correctly going to a more power run and straight up pass protection.

Correct and if you look at it, it also allows for a decrease in penalties because it is straight up pass blocking, the ball gets out quicker because there are layered routes, and even if Rw scrambles because it is straight up it is easier for the lineman to disengage

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1whhdxgm said:
Anthony!":1whhdxgm said:
Wenhawk":1whhdxgm said:

How do you know?
But, It will be nice to know we won't have those penalties anymore.

1 Went back and researched the games were we ran this offense for mos tor all of the game, 2 because the ball gets out quicker due to layered routes, and because it is power run blocking and straight up pass blocking the lineman can disengage easier if need be. I am not saying there will not be any penalties but there will be a lot less than now, and in the few times there were we showed a very good rate of overcoming them.

Latest posts