Mike Davis

Cyrus12

Reaction score
With Mr Glass hurt again and with an ankle sprain that usually takes a long time to heal is it time to IR Mr Glass and and bring up Mike Davis from the PS? JD pretty much does Mr. Glass's job anyway and fairly well imo. Davis is 5'9 an 217 lbs and did look good in pre season. I know there are not many holes to find through our o line but maybe Davis will have better vision than Rawls and find a hole quicker instead of running into the first defender and trying to shoulder check his way through. Really what are your thoughts? IMO its desperation time for the run game and the time to try a change is now. It is NOT going to be fixed with the current staff we have.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I hope so. Our current rb situation is worse than last year. Wee need to find someone, and fast.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Mike Davis should be activated, he runs as hard as Carson did, and I was hoping for a Carson/Davis backfield earlier in the season.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lacy hurt, Prosise Hurt, Rawls and MIcky K are all we have right now.

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
They have to do something different, nothing is working right now

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Yes great idea. If we aren’t willing to activate him now there is little point in keeping him around..

pugs1

Reaction score
Totally understand the frustration with C. J. Getting hurt again but is it fair to call him “Mr. Glass” over this injury? How many players wouldn’t have been hurt on that play? Hell Carson got hurt on a very similar tackle. Just saying

nwHawk

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":dtd9hzlz said:
Mike Davis should be activated, he runs as hard as Carson did, and I was hoping for a Carson/Davis backfield earlier in the season.

I agree. It's time. I wonder if they are waiting until the last 4-6 regular season games to keep him as fresh as possible for the post season? Less situational game tape for teams to compile.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Honestly, at this point, what do we have to lose?

getnasty

Reaction score
If Lacy and CJ aren't healthy enough to go on Monday Davis will get his shot. I just hope they give him enough carries to see what he can do.

titan3131

Reaction score
there is wild speculation that they are holding Mike davis back from active roster because activating him past a certain point will not accrue an entire season for him therefore giving us control over him for 2 years instead of just this year.

2_0_6

Reaction score
pugs1":1j8v3fz1 said:
Totally understand the frustration with C. J. Getting hurt again but is it fair to call him “Mr. Glass” over this injury? How many players wouldn’t have been hurt on that play? Hell Carson got hurt on a very similar tackle. Just saying

Over this injury if it was his only one no. But add that to the list of others, and yes "Mr. GLass" works well for him.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
titan3131":1fae2pkr said:
there is wild speculation that they are holding Mike davis back from active roster because activating him past a certain point will not accrue an entire season for him therefore giving us control over him for 2 years instead of just this year.

If so, which week was the cutoff? Week 8?

Without knowing anything substantive about this situation — other than the fact that we have too many Backs active at present — might it make sense to IR Lacy in favor of MD?