Does RW ever use the Audible at the Line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
I ask myself that ever since,..well you know when. Brady along with another 34 QBs would of handed off to the Beast but, that's the past.

I have got to agree with the frustration on plays that are called that work, then are abandoned. RW has got to feel it Then why isn't he changing it at the line? If he is are they gains or losses?

Anthony!

Reaction score
had2bhawk":xacpu4fq said:
I ask myself that ever since,..well you know when. Brady along with another 34 QBs would of handed off to the Beast but, that's the past.

I have got to agree with the frustration on plays that are called that work, then are abandoned. RW has got to feel it Then why isn't he changing it at the line? If he is are they gains or losses?

So when we are in our normal offense gets 2 plays, the one they want and the one they will let him audible to. On the play in question he was given no option. Fyi lynch had not been very successful inside the 1. Now when we are running the uptempo he has complete leway to audible as he sees fit. Fyi we move the ball and score the best in uptempi. Why we don't run it more, who knows

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Yes he does. In his 5th year this should be common knowledge. He audibles and uses signals all the time.

irfuben32

Reaction score
had2bhawk":iym03l55 said:

Marshawn was split out as a slot reciever, Russell needed to change the play in the huddle.

907Hawk

Reaction score
irfuben32":3d2svgkn said:
had2bhawk":3d2svgkn said:

Marshawn was split out as a slot reciever, Russell needed to change the play in the huddle.

Incorrect, Lynch was not lined up in the slot.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Anthony!":2imz6r8y said:
had2bhawk":2imz6r8y said:

So when we are in our normal offense gets 2 plays, the one they want and the one they will let him audible to. On the play in question he was given no option. Fyi lynch had not been very successful inside the 1. Now when we are running the uptempo he has complete leway to audible as he sees fit. Fyi we move the ball and score the best in uptempi. Why we don't run it more, who knows

"Had not been very successful inside the 1."

1st and goal in the Super Bowl.

4 Downs to go.

What do you suggest?

lobohawk

Reaction score
had2bhawk":3sgs4yfp said:

Sorry, but Brady does whatever belichick tells him.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Russ definitely has the authority to audible given what he sees from the defense. In fact, his OC and QB coach work with him on this and encourage him to check into another play if he sees a tell in the defense.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
had2bhawk":3i4vr9yn said:

Feeding Lynch on the one was scrutinized at length on this board. How we got to the 1 yd line was not. Even Carr who wishes he had Lynch in the same scenario is having difficulty now that he actually has the beast.

Now regarding audibles, this offensive live is having difficulty locating their assignments. Wilson likely knows that changing plays when you are slow lining up only creates pressure that this line cant handle. The O line lacks confidence and continuity period.

mrt144

Reaction score
Yes, he does. Look at Cover 0 coverage against us. We got the plays, the QB and the WRs to get into a coverage beater and often do.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Wilson has done it many times. An audible doesn't mean that the play would work if the line can't hold it long enough or open a hole for a running back or if no one is on the same page. In the end I believe it's a communication issue. When it does work you get the big plays from Wilson to Baldwin or to Jimmy, or like last year to Kearse.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Vesuve":240uwqp6 said:
Anthony!":240uwqp6 said:
had2bhawk":240uwqp6 said:

4 Downs to go.

What do you suggest?

it was 2nd down and I would have rolled Rw out and given him a pass, run or throw away option

Anthony!

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":38jut348 said:
Russ definitely has the authority to audible given what he sees from the defense. In fact, his OC and QB coach work with him on this and encourage him to check into another play if he sees a tell in the defense.

not true and not all the times. there are some plays where he has no option to audible at all.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3g7i416x said:

Prove this !

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
There are different types of audibles. Check down audibles are simple and easy to call, for instance, a run is going to the right and the QB just switches it to the other side, opposite the stacked side. Other audibles sometimes change just one receivers route. There is a "back pocket" audible when the QB sees a certain D (example, as someone mentioned, cover 0) and the offense has a prepared play for that certain D. Then there is absolute control of multiple plays being called at the line. Peyton Manning and John Elway did this. I'm sure there is someone on the board that knows more and can explain the execution of audibles better than I can but just know there are simple and complicated ones.

RW may at times have complicated audibles available to him but given the way the offense is run I wouldn't think very many.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Vesuve":ovdsnnql said:
Anthony!":ovdsnnql said:
had2bhawk":ovdsnnql said:

4 Downs to go.

What do you suggest?
We had to pass at least once, or not have enough time/tos to run four plays. 4 runs was not an option.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.