They need some statement victories in the coming weeks.

RussB

Reaction score
Watching the post game shows and daily NFL shows on TV. Hawks are pretty much getting written off and viewed as an aged defense and a falling off contender. Everyone is all over teams like the rams, jags, and saints. And rightfully so they have looked great.

Well guess what, Seahawks play all of those teams in the next few weeks, sherman is injured. Ok thats bad, but they need to show what this team is really about and how hungry they really are. They need to make some statements and possibly beat all of those teams and put the league back on notice. Its make or break time, time for them to show if they are still for real or not.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I haven’t seen this team play hungry and passionate in over a year. It would. Be nice to see that again.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
All they need is a running game, I want to hear that they're activating Davis sooner than later, if we simply add an average running game to what we have now we can beat anyone.

King Dog

Reaction score
I'm not trying to sound like a jerk at all, but we don't have many statement games. We usually win by a few or lose by a few no matter the opponent (with a few exceptions).

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
King Dog":1eqq7eal said:
I'm not trying to sound like a jerk at all, but we don't have many statement games. We usually win by a few or lose by a few no matter the opponent (with a few exceptions).
Thats why im saying it, they need to blow one of these teams out to show they are still for real.

509hawk

Reaction score
They don't need statement wins. There isn't a selection committee who votes them into the playoffs.

They will earn their spot. A blowout or two along the way would be nice though!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
509hawk":7cp63law said:
They don't need statement wins. There isn't a selection committee who votes them into the playoffs.

They will earn their spot. A blowout or two along the way would be nice though!
Blowouts build confidence, and I think we could use more of that. I beg to differ on not needing some statement wins.

Zeearend

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1dgceqh8 said:
Statement games come when a team is ascending, hungry, and ready to win a championship.

When they are GOOD.

This Seahawks team has to scrap and scrape just to win a road game against a sub .500 opponent without it's starting RB and QB -- and loses at home to a sub .500 team missing half it's starting O line.

If you're actually listening, those are your statement games -- these last two weeks.

What is being stated is that we aren't that good, in fact this Seahawk team is soft to the point that it is starting to feel like those latter year Holmgren hawks.

And we play several teams in the next few weeks -- the Rams, the Jaguars, the Eagles, and the Cowboys, who are going to pound the living hell out of this iteration of the Seahawks...all of those teams are younger, hungrier, and looking to make those "statements" you're talking about. My guess is we either go 1-3 or 0-4 against those teams, which makes Falcons, Cardinals, and 49ers all "must win" games.

11-5 is our absolute best case scenario right now... with 10-6 a decent possibility, but 9-7 the more likely....

And if you watched the way the Falcons secondary is playing right now, and the way they beat the living hell out of the Cowboy WR's this week -- you'd be really worried for the health of Baldwin, Richardson, and Lockett. I'd be surprised if all three make it out of next week's game without a major injury. It will be a dogfight, and if we lose that, we can probably kiss the playoffs goodbye.

I see your point, but I am eager to see if the new guys that get the chance to play now because of our injured veterans will be equally as hungry as our opponents. I sure hope so.

sutz

Reaction score
"Statement" games are over-rated by fans.

Al Davis had it right: Just win baby.

The win IS the statement. Point spreads are for Vegas.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Pittsburgh of 2015, New England of last year, and Houston this year should serve as enough statement victory that Seattle can win with its offense.

The person who needs a statement is Pete. "The running game isn't working, Pete."

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Kinda ridiculous to say we need statement victories. Last I checked this isn't college football and we don't need to convince any committees or talking heads that we belong in the playoffs.

Win the games that are in front of us, of which all of our remaining matchups are against quality teams, and the wins will speak for themselves.

I swear some of the posters around here would rather see us lose by 3 scores than win by 3 points.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
THE TABS":2fygk9a0 said:
I’ll take non statement victories as well :2thumbs:

Bingo.

This is the NFL, style points don't matter. Just win.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I have never understood the fascination with HOW a team wins the game. 1 point, 30 points, who cares? Not the BCS, just get that Dub :2thumbs:
But they "almost lost" or but they didn't do this, or didn't do that, or they should have blown them out, blah blah blah.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1pf6piom said:
I have never understood the fascination with HOW a team wins the game. 1 point, 30 points, who cares? Not the BCS, just get that Dub :2thumbs:
But they "almost lost" or but they didn't do this, or didn't do that, or they should have blown them out, blah blah blah.
While it's true that a win is a win, analyzing HOW you win helps you win more effectively in the future - and doing that well means turning the occasional game that would be a loss, into a win.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
of course the team should care how it looked and improve on stuff etc.
But fans have become so spoiled that they are not happy with winning alone, it has to be pretty.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":17sjtgei said:

In the win column, no it doesn't matter.

But for some intangibles, winning comfortably can make a difference.

- being ahead by 2-3 TD's in the 4th quarter means you can rest some starters
- gaining confidence when you really thump a team
- big road wins
- individual players gaining confidence by having big games

Stuff like this can make a difference as the season goes along.

chris98251

Reaction score
Playing to your talent level and kicking ass means teams adjust to you and come in looking not to make mistakes, when they know that we are not going to look to explode but sit on the ball and let the defense dictate the flow teams can be more aggressive trying to take leads know that our offense is a Wilson Gimmick and then try to play the scramble drill best they can. They know that all they need is a touchdown many times to win it and not let Wilson have the last word.

Latest posts