When Joeckel gets back I'd like to see...

King Dog

Reaction score
Joeckel at LG and Pocic at RT. We can't run anyway, might as well have Pocic at RT to avoid the penalties and (I think) offer better pass protection.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
King Dog":2975jy1n said:
Joeckel at LG and Pocic at RT. We can't run anyway, might as well have Pocic at RT to avoid the penalties and (I think) offer better pass protection.
If Duane Brown is out for an extended time, do we put Joeckel there, or might we even consider Pocic there? Or do you like Tobin in that spot?

massari

Reaction score
Brown-Joeckel-Britt-Pocic-Ifedi or maybe try Ifedi at RG and Pocic at RT.

Bring in Free Agent G John Greco for a workout.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I think we ride out Ifedi this season. Not sure if that's the right move though. I thought he was improving but now it feels like he's getting worse.

Seymour

Reaction score
I'm all for ANY combination that doesn't include Ifedi. Slow feet + slow brain = drive killer.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1zdwsgk6 said:
I wanted to believe he would improve. He is a penalty machine.

The only hope for Ifedi is move him back to guard and see if he can play within the rules. If not, give him the hook for good.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Quite a bit of talk that he should be at Guard. Just doesn't seem to have the ability or foot work to be a Tackle.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Per Pete on 710 this morning, Joeckel could be back this week and it sounded like they plan to put him back at LG right away. I HOPE this means that we see Brown-Joeckel-Britt-Pocic-Ifedi ASAP. I get that Ifedi is a penalty waiting to happen, but Aboushi can't play. I'd rather have penalties than see Aboushi's man level Russ faster than you can say "go".

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
massari":30ubu5nv said:

Aboushi and Pocic are both better all-around players than Ifedi.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":29ur0xhp said:
massari":29ur0xhp said:

Aboushi and Pocic are both better all-around players than Ifedi.

By what measure? Ifedi is longer and more explosive with a higher PFF grade, while playing a more challenging position (and arguably out of position).

Aboushi and Pocic are two of the lowest graded linemen in the league. At least Pocic has the excuse of being a rookie at a new position. Aboushi is just plain awful. Pocic will get better once he has an off-season to get stronger.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I'm hoping once Joeckel comes back he's inserted back into the RG spot and then Pocic spells Ifedi the next time Ifedi commits a penalty. Ifedi might be the type of dude that needs to be benched to learn ENOUGH IS ENOUGH WITH THE PENALTIES.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Clayton was talking about benching as a method of discipline for the excessive penalties the players are committing, especially Ifedi.

If we're looking at Brown - Joeckel - Britt - Pocic - Ifedi, would Tobin come in for Ifedi if he gets benched?

Seymour

Reaction score
adeltaY":2tc6sy0y said:
Clayton was talking about benching as a method of discipline for the excessive penalties the players are committing, especially Ifedi.

If we're looking at Brown - Joeckel - Britt - Pocic - Ifedi, would Tobin come in for Ifedi if he gets benched?

Pete mentioned that is his press conference last week. He said that was possible but "we're not there yet". Seeing as how Ifedi leads the entire NFL in penalties, I have no idea what it takes "to get there" myself.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I think at this point we ride Ifedi into the offseason assuming Tobin isn't actually an upgrade at RT. It's quick to want to jump to another person. While Ifedi is "bad" he's no Rees Odhiambo and he isn't the worst in the league either. Would like to see him have more consistency. Ultimately I am leaning towards him being a bust versus a quality player, but we've seen things change as players progress after a few years, i.e. Britt.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Ifedi is a sophomore and a 1st round pick. It is unfair to to devalue him until he is in year 3. It took Britt 3 years.
I would like to see someone take Aboushi's job. My key word is to TAKE the job away from him.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Remember how much of a penalty magnet Breno was? The thing was though, he was actually a good RT. Ifedi doesn't get the forgiveness with the boneheaded penalties like Breno did.

I really don't want them to move Pocic away from LG. Especially for Joeckel who's on a one year deal and may not be back next year. I like what I've seen there from big Ethan. They should let him grow at LG. Anyone think Joeckel can play adequately on the right side? I honestly wouldn't mind if he replaced Oday or Ifedi

hawxfreak

Reaction score
With Ifedi and Aboushi taking turns on penalties I was screamin my head off but before I'd bench Ifedi I'd let Oday ride the pine and if Ifedi doesn't get the message He'd be right there with him for a few reps
It worked for Breno.