The offense.. or lack there of

Ambrose83

Reaction score
I was talking to a buddy of mine today who happens to be a die hard rams fan. He was talking about how amazing the changes in the offense have been from last year . He also said he felt our wonderful oc was the second worst in the league behind the rams. The rams of this year show how quality coaching and offensive play calling can utilize the talent and produce a effective offense.

I am at a loss as to how any of you can accept what we are putting on the field. We have a elite qb, elite tight end, elite slot receiver and adequate weapons... yet... we all see what the offense is doing . We have way too much talent to be this inconsistent on offense. Do any of you honestly think we could not improve dramatically with a better offensive game plan and play calling? The rams overnight resurgence is concrete proof of the difference competent play calling and talent utilization can produce. Color me frustrated.

Anthony!

Reaction score
yup I mean why would we want to run an offense that is built around our current players, like say oh uptempo, when we can just continue to run out the offenses that were not equipped to run and then wait for RW to make some magic and hope it is enough. It is almost like a little kid we are going to win my way or not at all.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
If you just watch football in the surface and need a scapegoat, that's the illogical conclusion one could draw. A closer look would reveal that is rubbish. The mighty Rams are just 1 game in front of us and since we play them again nothing in our division is close to being settled. We also will have the tiebreaker if we beat them again, a home game I believe. So tell your friend that his team has improved, but we still rule the roost and our offense will put more points on the board in head-to-head matchups.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2ikqgx19 said:
If you just watch football in the surface and need a scapegoat, that's the illogical conclusion one could draw. A closer look would reveal that is rubbish. The mighty Rams are just 1 game in front of us and since we play them again nothing in our division is close to being settled. We also will have the tiebreaker if we beat them again, a home game I believe. So tell your friend that his team has improved, but we still rule the roost and our offense will put more points on the board in head-to-head matchups.

Come on man, it’s hilarious that you can’t even have an open discussion on the topic. All of his points were not “rubbish”. The Rams made a coaching change, signed a few players and went from last in the league in ppg (14ppg in 2016) to 1st (32.9 ppg in 2017) in less than a year. Imagine if this team even gained a 7ppg increase? The hawks would be extremely tough to beat.

At the end of the day, it’s Pete’s system, but man, I get why a lot of people on here have you muted and I’m not even on the side of firing your guy. I do, like most, want a philosophy change though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tinymac2

Reaction score
It's a team sport. 11 match up's every snap. Not sure but I think someone once said, " a unit is only as strong as it's weakest link".

cymatica

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2cktarac said:

How is it the packers figured out our offense a few years ago and nothing changed? I haven't seen any offense(from a decent team) struggle so much against st such an average defense, and average is a compliment. Capers figured out Bevell and nothing ever changed since 2014 to adjust.

It goes beyond just matchups, the personel on teams has changed, the coordinators and results haven't

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Tinymac2":119lny1m said:
It's a team sport. 11 match up's every snap. Not sure but I think someone once said, " a unit is only as strong as it's weakest link".

Yeah I never bought into this saying. The unit should be stronger than one individual and still be able to hold itself together. What if someone gets hurt, now the weakest link, does the unit crumble? The anology should look more like this.

Buttedmail0734

Exittium

Reaction score
Bevell and possibly Cable is to this offense what Fisher was to the rams.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Wait a minute....
There is something wrong with our offense?
You mean an NFL offense isn't supposed to look like a bunch of jr high kids playing backyard football after school? Wow.

Many of us are frustrated with the obvious. Nothing will change with this coaching regime.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
scrummymustard":112hym7w said:
Siouxhawk":112hym7w said:

Come on man, it’s hilarious that you can’t even have an open discussion on the topic. All of his points were not “rubbish”. The Rams made a coaching change, signed a few players and went from last in the league in ppg (14ppg in 2016) to 1st (32.9 ppg in 2017) in less than a year. Imagine if this team even gained a 7ppg increase? The hawks would be extremely tough to beat.

At the end of the day, it’s Pete’s system, but man, I get why a lot of people on here have you muted and I’m not even on the side of firing your guy. I do, like most, want a philosophy change though.

Hmm, so if Sioux doesn't AGREE with Bevell bashers, he should be "Muted"?
If the Seahawks are HEALTHY across the board, they not only compete with ANY TEAM, but have BEATEN all of them.
I'm not saying that we couldn't do better with a few changes in Coaching, but most here are letting their bias against Darrell Bevell, Tom Cable, and Pete Carroll, for sticking with the guys that helped him formulate the winningest Seahawks team EVER, and now Y'all want "Change".
Now, COULD they maybe improve with a couple of Coaching changes?, no argument, BUT, they've already proven that, even on a Road Game, a healthy Seahawks can be Coached up by Carroll, Bevell, Cable & Richards, to beat a healthy Rams.
The Rams are HEALTHIER, than most the Teams in the NFC at this juncture, so that gives them the advantage FOR NOW, it might just be me, but I sure as hell wouldn't be so quick to dismiss what Pete Carroll & his Coaches can dial up.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":39v5vivn said:
Siouxhawk":39v5vivn said:

How is it the packers figured out our offense a few years ago and nothing changed? I haven't seen any offense(from a decent team) struggle so much against st such an average defense, and average is a compliment. Capers figured out Bevell and nothing ever changed since 2014 to adjust.

It goes beyond just matchups, the personel on teams has changed, the coordinators and results haven't
The Seahawks Coaching a win over the All Mighty Bill Billicheck's Patriots last Year?...In THEIR BACK YARD NO LESS?? :stirthepot:

Ozzy

Reaction score
The staff is "Fisher-ing" our offense. Maybe not to the degree Jeff Fisher did with the Rams but it is happening, I have zero doubts at this point. 21 straight games without an opening TD with this amount of talent is ridiculous. You can't chalk that up to execution alone either. The "intel gathering" excuse has run its course and Sioux will tell us that the first half failures are by design because we are looking for ways to exploit what they're doing but what did you do all week in preparation? Can't you exploit in the first half as well as the 2nd half? Pete has also stated he's frustrated with the first half offensive failures which runs counter to Sioux's claim. I'm not sure why I jumped in because its always the same thing but Sioux if you showed some objectivity in this debate I would respect the position a little more. Bevell isn't perfect and its ok to admit that, even if you're his biggest fan. Doesn't mean he's a bad coach(I think he might be), just that he would have some room for improvement just like everyone else on the team.

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2hx2rnvh said:
cymatica":2hx2rnvh said:
Siouxhawk":2hx2rnvh said:

The Seahawks Coaching a win over the All Mighty Bill Billicheck's Patriots last Year?...In THEIR BACK YARD NO LESS?? :stirthepot:

Lmao so it's injuries and the fact we best the pats last year? Sorry no... it's coaching and play calling ... period at this point .

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2itspzbt said:
scrummymustard":2itspzbt said:
Siouxhawk":2itspzbt said:

Hmm, so if Sioux doesn't AGREE with Bevell bashers, he should be "Muted"?
If the Seahawks are HEALTHY across the board, they not only compete with ANY TEAM, but have BEATEN all of them.
I'm not saying that we couldn't do better with a few changes in Coaching, but most here are letting their bias against Darrell Bevell, Tom Cable, and Pete Carroll, for sticking with the guys that helped him formulate the winningest Seahawks team EVER, and now Y'all want "Change".
Now, COULD they maybe improve with a couple of Coaching changes?, no argument, BUT, they've already proven that, even on a Road Game, a healthy Seahawks can be Coached up by Carroll, Bevell, Cable & Richards, to beat a healthy Rams.
The Rams are HEALTHIER, than most the Teams in the NFC at this juncture, so that gives them the advantage FOR NOW, it might just be me, but I sure as hell wouldn't be so quick to dismiss what Pete Carroll & his Coaches can dial up.

They were healthy last year, never were better then 7-9 with fisher... yet year 1 with Mcvay and they are 7-2 And have already scored more pts then they did last season... and you think it's not coaching ?

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Exittium":2bx9w51f said:
Bevell and possibly Cable is to this offense what Fisher was to the rams.

Literally what my rams fan buddy said.

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Tinymac2":5muwmd08 said:

Yup.. it is for the rams too.. coaching is the diff