OP
OP
S

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Seymour":37ua5wke said:
You mean Griffin, Coleman and Maxwell?

Lane isn't starting IMO.
I hope not. But, IMO, neither one should be starting anywhere.

Seymour

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":i32humrr said:
Seymour":i32humrr said:
You mean Griffin, Coleman and Maxwell?

Lane isn't starting IMO.
I hope not. But, IMO, neither one should be starting anywhere.

We are about to find out. :2thumbs:

Our success will depend on if we can bring consistent pressure. Give Ryan time and I suspect we will pay. Ryan has played poorly when under pressure this year.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Richard Sherman is probably the smartest CB in the NFL. He is also brilliant in tackling in the run game. However, if you've listened to Sherman over the past week you'd know that he has not been healthy (and wouldn't have been healthy for this coming Falcons game either). He said himself that he's been playing most of the year without being able to explode to the ball. He also said that he knew his Achilles was going to go at some point. Even as smart and savvy as Sherman is without his full range and explosion he may have actually been more of a liability in this Atlanta game (because you know Pete would never sit him and Sherman would never sit himself). To be honest I think we could actually be in better shape for this game without Sherman than we would have been with him.

mrt144

Reaction score
DJrmb":dxkrea4q said:
Richard Sherman is probably the smartest CB in the NFL. He is also brilliant in tackling in the run game. However, if you've listened to Sherman over the past week you'd know that he has not been healthy (and wouldn't have been healthy for this coming Falcons game either). He said himself that he's been playing most of the year without being able to explode to the ball. He also said that he knew his Achilles was going to go at some point. Even as smart and savvy as Sherman is without his full range and explosion he may have actually been more of a liability in this Atlanta game (because you know Pete would never sit him and Sherman would never sit himself). To be honest I think we could actually be in better shape for this game without Sherman than we would have been with him.

I mean, at least they can kind of gameplan without him on defense and work on some different, more forgiving coverages and formations for the remaining CBs.

RussB

Reaction score
I think they will be fine, you are acting like they are scrubs. There are much worse corner duos in the NFL and we are fortunate that Maxwell was available. He did pretty good in our system and now we get him back hes a vet who knows exactly what he needs to do.

Coleman is a solid nickle guy, Shaq is a very promising rookie just has some inconsistent moments like most rookies do. We also still have one of the best front 7 in the league and two HOF safeties.

White Devil

Reaction score
I expect Maxwell to play just fine for this team and system that made him 1 of the most sought after free agents. Eventually defensive players are going to learn that it's the system, not necessarily them, that produces.

It's funny.

Defensive player leaves after success with the Seahawks and gets paid but doesn't produce. Is called bust and eventually move on to multiple other teams.

Offensive player leaves after being called pedestrian, doesn't get paid, production is off the charts compared to time with Seattle Offense, becomes offensive star.

Giphy