Put the rookie on J.Jones

harryjohnson

Reaction score
It's time for a coming out party. In an odd way, this could be a watershed moment for Shaquille.

adeltaY

Reaction score
If we're going to do that, he has to have some kind of help like an LB underneath or safety over the top. The guys who can cover this dude 1 on 1 are either on IR or not on this team.

Seymour

Reaction score
They are not going to have Griffin follow Julio.
Griffin will stay where he is, and Maxwell will take the L CB position. Earl may shade toward Julio though.

Boycie

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1dvp0haz said:
They better damn well go to a zone D. Sanu and Jones are #1 receivers. These guys are ridiculous.

Ok, I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to the x's and o's of this game, but wouldn't playing man press and jamming Jones, and Sanu at the line to disrupt their timing help?

Again, I'm not arguing with your point, but didn't we really used to rough up receivers playing man press, and it seemed to work for us?

adeltaY

Reaction score
I think Sanu is a good WR2, but calling him a #1 is a stretch and I don't agree.

The problem with pressing Julio is that if you miss or he powers through you, you've lost the route and he will make you pay without help over the top. The dude is freaky strong and knows how to beat the press. IDK if Lane, Griff, or Maxie are strong/skilled enough to play him like that.

Boycie

Reaction score
adeltaY":1iwgqihj said:
I think Sanu is a good WR2, but calling him a #1 is a stretch and I don't agree.

The problem with pressing Julio is that if you miss or he powers through you, you've lost the route and he will make you pay without help over the top. The dude is freaky strong and knows how to beat the press. IDK if Lane, Griff, or Maxie are strong/skilled enough to play him like that.

Got it. But what if they press Sanu, and double team Julio? Try and make Ryan have to go to one or the other, not have the option of both?

mrt144

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":1n5cuxw3 said:
SoulfishHawk":1n5cuxw3 said:
They better damn well go to a zone D. Sanu and Jones are #1 receivers. These guys are ridiculous.

Ok, I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to the x's and o's of this game, but wouldn't playing man press and jamming Jones, and Sanu at the line to disrupt their timing help?

Again, I'm not arguing with your point, but didn't we really used to rough up receivers playing man press, and it seemed to work for us?

Depends.

I know that isn't satisfactory but...

Depends.

Is our safety play going to be adequate if doing that?
What are Sark's tendencies for route trees for his WRs? Fades, verts, posts? Slants, Outs? A mishmash of everything?
Do the CBs have the chops or do we find out in game?

So on and so forth.

I think zone coverage is a bit more forgiving to neophytes where as in press man coverages, jamming technique and the safeties ability are big factors in effectiveness.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Like who? He's a good player but his stats don't jump out at you or anything. He could assume the role for teams that don't have a true #1 and do decently but that's about it. His ex teammate Marvin Jones is closer to a #1

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3dj19hzp said:
It's my opinion, Sanu is a beast.

Not everyone here will allow you to "just have an opinion". You'll need to be able to prove your opinion, otherwise it's just an opinion.

Circular logic 600x462

fenderbender123

Reaction score
We just need our defensive line guys to get pressure. All they need to do is just not get blocked so easily. Shove the offensive line guy out of the way and put pressure on the QB. It's not hard.