*Confirmed* Kam to be put on IR

2_0_6

Reaction score
I know I know considering the source I should take this with a grain of salt, but Pete in his pressers this week didn't really sound overly optimistic to convince me otherwise. Maybe there is some weight behind this statement and not just purely a guess.

Lets hope not.

7vwI4WS
DGjjYcm

Seymour

Reaction score
I heard a rumor that HSU uses a dartboard as his unnamed source.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Geezus, the hits just keep on coming. I would like to tell myself this isn't true, but the way things are going lately with the injuries, wouldn't be surprised one bit. No Sherm, No Kam.......and the Falcons coming to town? Ugh.
Come on Russ, put up 40, you'll need it hahaha

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":3ogyr1yu said:
I heard a rumor that HSU uses a dartboard as his unnamed source.
Now you’ve done it. You’ve po’ed the HSU loyalists. Whatever you do, don’t call him a blogger.

Not HSU’s biggest fan by any stretch, but I have a feeling Kam is going to miss the MNF and possibly more.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I 100% expected Kam to miss games this season. Didn’t think IR though, dude is a badass. Hope he just misses a few.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I could have made that tweet as it's something I brought up as a concern after the game. Stingers are unpredictable and as we don't have any direct knowledge, anything and everything is still on the table. He could be find by gameday, or he could miss a game or two, or he could go on IR. I just don't understand the idea of his tweeting it to say he's working on confirming it. If you are really working to confirm something, then wait to tweet it.

IrishNW

Reaction score
kidhawk":1ni3ifwj said:
I could have made that tweet as it's something I brought up as a concern after the game. Stingers are unpredictable and as we don't have any direct knowledge, anything and everything is still on the table. He could be find by gameday, or he could miss a game or two, or he could go on IR. I just don't understand the idea of his tweeting it to say he's working on confirming it. If you are really working to confirm something, then wait to tweet it.

he likes to throw educated guesses and claim he has a "source" (but not his main source).

that dude let his twitter fame go to his head. He provides very little now days.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I like his game analysis, cap stuff, and draft breakdowns. Not sure about his s sources though.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
kidhawk":1wfgibnc said:
If you are really working to confirm something, then wait to tweet it.

Lol @ waiting to tweet. Literally the opposite of what Twitter is. Tweet now, think/facts later.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":k7173wm6 said:
kidhawk":k7173wm6 said:
If you are really working to confirm something, then wait to tweet it.

Lol @ waiting to tweet. Literally the opposite of what Twitter is. Tweet now, think/facts later.

Depends on who is doing the tweeting. I purposely don't follow guys like HSU because they don't wait for facts, they just guess and throw stuff out there. Most of the guys who are beat writers will actually have some kind of confirmation before tweeting stuff out there. And before anyone says it, yes there are guys out there associated with major media that do tweet things out before they know if it's true or not, and those are guys I stop following as well. The good ones wait, the rest just tweet fast and furious hoping to get a few things to stick and point to them as if it makes them credible so they can get more followers.

Tweets like in the OP are no better than just two guys sitting at a bar and one guy saying to the other that he thinks Kam will go to IR and the other guy grabbing his phone and tweeting "heard that Kam could be going to IR...Not confirmed yet, but working on it"....in fact, now that I think about it, maybe that's how HSU gets his information

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Been lookin everywhere to see that missing face tweet n just can't seem to find it
If anybody can find it can you post it , I'd love to see it
Thanks in advance
Go Hawks

Seafan

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2mk9221p said:
The Malik missing half his face tweet was the last straw for Hsu.

Why does this crap get a thread. Anyone can write this crap. A little birdy...

Megatron

Reaction score
hawxfreak":237ezli8 said:
Been lookin everywhere to see that missing face tweet n just can't seem to find it
If anybody can find it can you post it , I'd love to see it
Thanks in advance
Go Hawks

Go to this thread,
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137495&hilit=davis+hsu+malik+mcdowell&start=100
Go to page 3, the reference to a Hsu tweet with Malik McDowell suffering severe facial injuries starts there, starting with naholmes post with without the tweet itself.

Here is the quote, "Today Hsu is tweeting face ripped back to the ear and 90% done for the season." Close enough to missing his face. No image to for the tweet I can find, but perhaps you could PM naholmes for the tweet.

King Dog

Reaction score
HSU spews all kinds of garbage. When he's actually right he jumps up and down and says "see see my source AND I were right."

Hoping it's not true. Not inspired by Thompson and Hill.

idahohawk

Reaction score
I've learned more from Davis Hsu on Twitter than 10 years on this board. Dude does his homework, is bright, understands the cap, and forgot more about this stuff than many here ever knew.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Megatron":2xc80xrp said:
Here is the quote, "Today Hsu is tweeting face ripped back to the ear and 90% done for the season." Close enough to missing his face. No image to for the tweet I can find

Was this intentional irony or unintentional?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
People can choose to believe whomever they want, but Davis Hsu has made up a lot of stuff over the last couple years. He didn't always used to do that. Posing fan speculation as sourced fact generates more attention. And his followers have shown a strong willingness to disregard the speculation that has turned out to be wrong (and likely made up), while championing educated guesses. He claimed to know the exact players who were at the top of the Seahawks draft board . . . before the draft. He claimed to know the Seahawks had agreed to pay Russell Wilson over $25M per year, which was plain wrong. He claimed a source said the Sheldon Richardson trade would NOT happen, because to any fan without inside information such a big trade seemed unlikely, right before it did happen. He claimed that Malik McDowell's private injury was an orbital fracture, which many people were erroneously guessing at the time. And on and on and on it goes. None of it passes the smell test.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I agree that the 'source' of this rumor is likely just HSU speculating about something and pretending he got it from somebody else.

That being said, the speculation itself is entirely plausible. Kam came off the field on a cart, Pete wasn't able to talk about his status 4 days later, and the Hawks are obviously treating neck issues seriously with the Lockette thing and then Avril. If it was a minor thing then we probably would have heard to that extent, so I'd bet on Kam missing Monday too.

My rule of thumb with the Hawks and injuries is that great news is good news, good news is okay news, okay news is bad news, and no news is likely awful.