Pete's Press Conference Today

kidhawk

Reaction score
Wasn't really giving much information on injured players. Said that Earl will be back and Lacy will practice this week, but Chancellor, Reed & Brown he wasn't saying. Basically said that Kam is still getting tests and Brown and Reed will be working day to day and they'll probably be a game time decision. Doesn't bode well IMO for either of them. He did say that if Kam doesn't go, McDougal would move from FS to SS. As happened in the game when Brown went down, Tobin is penciled in as the starter untiil Brown is ready to go

Said both Smith and Clark are good to go.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Thanks for the recap.

He also had some interesting things to say about Maxwell. Talked about him being played out of position, off the ball, rather than up at the line. Said, "we don't do that here, unless we have to".

His tone when talking about Kam was eerie to me. I really hope the rumors on him aren't true.

I'm glad Brown is a game time decision and not a definite high ankle sprain and out 4 weeks... So even if he misses this game he should be back @SF.

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":g2ggroqv said:
I REALLY hope Hsu was wrong about Kam.

Looks like he could be right for a change.

I trust Bell far more than HSU.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/931279221640519680[/tweet]

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1avfykun said:
Hawk_Nation":1avfykun said:
I REALLY hope Hsu was wrong about Kam.

Looks like he could be right for a change.

I trust Bell far more than HSU.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/931279221640519680[/tweet]

Like I said in the HSU rumor thread....anyone with half a brain could guess that Kam was unlikely for Monday. we can hope otherwise, but there's enough evidence out there to make an informed guess.

As for Bell, he's definitely more reliable, but at least he's up front about it basically being an informed guess....of course I made the same "guess" after the game, I just hoped I was wrong and I didn't try to claim anything to be sourced information.

DJrmb

Reaction score
How big is the McDougald signing now? Great job by the FO on adding a ton of depth this year as we've mostly weathered the storm on the injuries stacking up.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":2ratybyy said:
As for Bell, he's definitely more reliable, but at least he's up front about it basically being an informed guess....of course I made the same "guess" after the game, I just hoped I was wrong and I didn't try to claim anything to be sourced information.

Bell and Hsu are a microcosm of how the world of sports "journalism" operates now. Guys like Hsu can puke up just about anything, because they're not employed by a news outlet. While guys like Bell have to wait until they're 100% sure through credible sources.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not official yet, but obviously nobody is surprised. Being healthy is extremely important in a Super Bowl run, we know this. Fingers crossed he only missed a couple games.

sutz

Reaction score
Stingers (and any nerve problem, really) can be tricky. Hope for the best.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sad to face the reality that the LOB's best days are behind us. They spend more time nursing injuries now then they do playing on the field together. It was a hell of a ride and perhaps there will be some sparks here and there that remind us of yesteryear but unfortunately their best days are behind them (as a unit).

Now it's up to the FO and Pete to keep making smart moves to write new successful chapters.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seafan":1unbmqwf said:
If Brown doesn't play the Hawks will lose and their season will be over.

Good God the negative sentiment on .NET this week is worse than usual and that is saying A LOT. :pukeface:

Seafan

Reaction score
Aros":2ibdd2mv said:
Seafan":2ibdd2mv said:

Good God the negative sentiment on .NET this week is worse than usual and that is saying A LOT. :pukeface:

What's negative? Do you think a team with 10 wins is going to make the playoffs in the NFC? :pukeface:

DJrmb

Reaction score
Seafan":3s5tjmdz said:
Aros":3s5tjmdz said:
Seafan":3s5tjmdz said:

What's negative? Do you think a team with 10 wins is going to make the playoffs in the NFC? :pukeface:
1zgr91

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
DJrmb":zkzgjcg4 said:
Seafan":zkzgjcg4 said:
Aros":zkzgjcg4 said:
Seafan":zkzgjcg4 said:

1zgr91

People can have opinions and be down but not leave a game.

I thought we lost to GB too but I didn't turn my TV off. I knew we lost vs Atlanta last yr by 2nd half(being a realist) and watched the game.

chris98251

Reaction score
Just because, Kam probably out, Sherm out, Avril out, Brown who knows, Line sucks anyway right now, no definitive running game, a new RCB and New SS Earl coming off a Hamstring problem that I would bet is manageable but could re-occur. Have a Atlanta team that beat us last time out and is coming off a rejuvenated win, Oh and the fact we are not consistent on offense in any way shape or form. Sounds like we are sticking to the formula still as well.

Just don't have the Stars in alignment. Hope that something clicks somewhere and we shock the world, on paper it doesn't look good.