It's officially a lost season

Rat

Reaction score
I wish we could have those trades for Sackless Sheldon and Decrepit Duane back. We need those draft picks.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Well, those two players could still help in the future. It’s not all bad.

However, It is kind of ironic in a year where we completely sell out the entire draft to win now, and it just crashes with injuries. Awful luck.

We can still make the playoffs, maybe. I don’t expect to win the SB, but I wouldn’t consider a playoff loss a lost season.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Every year we suffer injuries, but I have never seen injuries just cripple the top players on a team like they have for us this year. Just heart breaking.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Rat":18risp75 said:
I wish we could have those trades for Sackless Sheldon and Decrepit Duane back. We need those draft picks.

Interior lineman don't have to have sacks, they need to provide run stopping and pressure. We will be fine.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Oh, brother. Just abandon ship once the tide gets a bit rough? No! You buckle up and prepare for battle!

This is far from over.

Seymour

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1wjceqqy said:
Well, those two players could still help in the future. It’s not all bad.

However, It is kind of ironic in a year where we completely sell out the entire draft to win now, and it just crashes with injuries. Awful luck.

We can still make the playoffs, maybe. I don’t expect to win the SB, but I wouldn’t consider a playoff loss a lost season.

First off, we did NOT sell out "the entire draft". That is just being over stated to exaggerate your point.

Second, we NEED Brown, period.

Third, watch the oline and running game and tell me again this ever was a championship team. It wasn't going to hold up against the top teams anyway, so all that happened is Pete took an all or nothing approach in 2 signings and it looks to not help much this year.

If we beat Atlanta on Monday, people will be whistling a different tune here. And yes, that still can happen. We do not drop off near as much as some are making this out to be. Good Dline pressure will make an average backfield look top tier.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Eeyore rules around here, or Chicken Little.

Injuries happen, next man up.

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawker84":ihkmebpx said:
We'll have to win shootouts now. That does not bode well for us.

It only does not bode well if PC refused to uncuff the offense, remember when we run uptempo we avg over 30 points a game so we can do it if PC will let us

Seymour

Reaction score
hawker84":q1c1f5aq said:
We'll have to win shootouts now. That does not bode well for us.

Bologna.....

Attachments

• Passing-2017.jpg
    Passing-2017.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 4,315

RCATES

Reaction score
I'm still optimistic about this year. Anyone who still believes Kam and Sherman were in their prime are delusional.

Sherm was constantly getting beat and has slowed down the last 2 years. I'm shocked teams weren't attacking that side of the field more. Because when they did they were having success. Lane/Maxwell are by no means a replacement skill wise for Sherman past his prime but its not the drop-off everyone is making it out to be.

Kam has just been bad in pass coverage the past 2.5 years. No other way to put it. His age and past injuries have simply taken its toll. The guy form the divisional round home game against Carolina a few years back is gone. Way gone. We will miss Kam's presence against the run but even that's been really bad this year. With the way the league is today being so "Pass" oriented I welcome having ET and McDougald back there as the two starting safeties. Kam had become a liability against the Pass plain and simple.

GO HAWKS

Crizilla

Reaction score
No run game changes everything. Gives the other team the ball more since we can't limit their possessions by milking the clock. It's not rocket science. Unless Cable and the boys figure something out, most likely another Divisional round exit.

sdog1981

Reaction score
This goes back to the whole you can't count on anything in the NFL.

You can't throw away the first half of football games to "feel a team out"

You can't throw away the first half of football seasons to "let the guys gel"

It was a high-risk, high-reward system the team was running and now that philosophy has led them to this point. An NFL stagnant offense that the league has completely figured out and a defense with aging start who are hurt.

pmedic920

Reaction score
“Officially” ???

What the Hell does this mean?

Holy Catfish, Rat.

I️ get it, none of us like losing the guys that we have lost.
It’s even hard to be optimistic but who made the decision that it’s “officially” a lost season?

Yep, we’ve been spoiled the last few years, when you compare them to the previous 30+ but how is this season “officially” lost?
I️ don’t for one minute think that Our Seahawks are going to fold up shop and stop playing to Win. We’ve got some young & hungry guys chomping at the bit to get “their” chance to prove themselves.
We may not end up with the season record that we all would like but I️ predict that we still have some exciting and entertaining football ahead of us.

Recent events like injuries and that stupid loss to the Skins have got me discouraged too but I️ just can’t “roll with” the season being “officially” lost.

Your post makes Blitzer look like a ray of sunshine.
:{)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Remind me never to go into battle with you Rat.

Latest posts