OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
Little mistakes going a long way in giving us the L

ducks41468

Reaction score
The final score was close enough that it'll be blamed on bad luck, evil spirits, the wind, or other nonsense. We're in the middle of the slow steady decline and by the time anyone with the power to fire Pete notices we'll be a 5-11 team with a barren roster. Essentially, Mora 2.0. At least in soccer management has a much quicker trigger. Not in American sports.

Hawks46

Reaction score
He also called time out right away in the 3rd quarter, then Bevell calls a stupid screen pass that everyone saw coming for 3 yards. Might as well take a shot at the end zone because Walsh would've made that 3 yards farther out.

It's like we got down by 14 in the 1st quarter and the coaching staff got all desperate or something.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Did u see that stat on defense first downs. Our defense has given up 35 first downs due to penalties. That’s unacceptable

Reaneypark

Reaction score
We got back in this game despite the moronic coaches.

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
Love Baldwin but who told him to tell Pete to challenge that dropped pass? Kris Richard isn't the answer at defense my boys

Treghc

Reaction score
Just remember guys... Never gamble. Just like the NFC championship game. Shouldn't have gone for the TD. Play it safe, just like the Packers did.

You're wrong once and you're f***ing fired!

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Pete isn't the answer and things won't change until he's removed. Sorry thats where our team is right now.

You cannot be screwing your team out of games by the most moronic call of all time.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
zchurch74":3aq2gq7n said:
Did u see that stat on defense first downs. Our defense has given up 35 first downs due to penalties. That’s unacceptable
And it's on Pete, lack of discipline from the Head Coach.

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
ducks41468":t6snceye said:
The final score was close enough that it'll be blamed on bad luck, evil spirits, the wind, or other nonsense. We're in the middle of the slow steady decline and by the time anyone with the power to fire Pete notices we'll be a 5-11 team with a barren roster. Essentially, Mora 2.0. At least in soccer management has a much quicker trigger. Not in American sports.

I'm glad that more people seem to be getting this. This team has enough talent that the decline is going to be a bit slower than under Holmgren but we are done being a contender. It was fun while it lasted.

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
IrishNW":1b69y004 said:
this loss makes me sick

From the brink of defeat, to almost winning this game. Seeing Blair miss, I'm not even putting the loss on him. Got a semi heart attack

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
Guys was it me or was gruden taking shots at Seattle all night long ? I heard him say Seattle's not good enough or look how amazing Atlanta is.. dude wasn't even neutral

Osprey12

Reaction score
SlickRick":1eme1676 said:
We take the field goal in 1st half of the game and its 34 -34 right now in OT
So changing that play doesn’t change any other part of this game? Go for the field goal there and the entire rest of the game shakes out exactly the same way? I just don’t understand this way of thinking. Yes, we would have had 3 more points at that exact point in time. To think that everything else stays exactly the same is amazing to me that people think that. If we would have just taken Tom Brady in 2000 we would have 5 super bowl rings right? Is that the way this works?

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
I normally defend coaches doing something unconventional, but a couple of the decisions here were just bad ...

That trick play, if there was time left on the clock I'd defend the decision - it didn't work but I could understand taking the chance. But without time left on the clock (well maybe one more play with a timeout), what was he thinking? Luke Willson is going to sprint 30 yards to the end-zone? The team will be able to get off 3 plays in 7 seconds so they can take a shot at the end-zone before falling back to the field-goal? One shot from 30 yards out is better than a field goal? Maybe there's some explanation but it's almost like a complete loss of situational awareness made him see how close they were to a first down and went for it, even though the first-down was nearly irrelevant given the clock situation.

And that challenge was bad. The ESPN announcers knew it was the correct call (note to mention needing clear evidence the other direction to overturn) before Pete challenged .

kf3339

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":15l8txlc said:
Pete isn't the answer and things won't change until he's removed. Sorry thats where our team is right now.

You cannot be screwing your team out of games by the most moronic call of all time.

I have been saying this for over a year, but nothing will change until Paul Allen sees it as well. The fact is this team has been slowing going downhill for several years. Not because of talent, but just bad coaches, game plans, in-game adjustments, and really moronic chances by PC that just never work.

I truly hope at some point that Paul Allen will realize a new coaching team is needed while there is still enough talent to turn it around. But I just don't think he gets it.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
The summation of the season is Pete's lack of attention to detail in winning football games.

Slow starts, bad penalties, bad timeouts, bad challenges, poor situational awareness etc. It boggles my mind that this guy can't figure some of that out.

It's on coaching probably 80-90%.