It's time to move on from Pete. Thank you, Pete

Crizilla

Reaction score
For bringing Seattle our first owl. But it's time.

*moment of silence*

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Coaching was a disaster in this game. The L is on them!

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm pretty pissed about that stupid ass fake field goal call at the end of the 1st half.

I called it right then ...."watch this, we lose by 3".

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Crizilla":1kxqiqrp said:

*moment of silence*

Another emotional post by you.

The "L" falls on the coaches no doubt but no I'm not throwing the baby out with the bath water.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":vdyzcocn said:
Crizilla":vdyzcocn said:

*moment of silence*

The "L" falls on the coaches no doubt but no I'm not throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I agree. I would like to see a purging of at least cable and bev, I'm on the fence with Richard, and also get some fresh faces in the drafting scout cage. Maybe some younger guys more in tune with who is coming out of college. We killed when our coaches and scouts were still pretty fresh out of the college scene, but since then they don't have that insight and aren't making the right reads on guys.

drewba

Reaction score
johnnyfever":35rkynyk said:
WestcoastSteve":35rkynyk said:
Crizilla":35rkynyk said:

*moment of silence*

I agree. I would like to see a purging of at least cable and bev, I'm on the fence with Richard, and also get some fresh faces in the drafting scout cage. Maybe some younger guys more in tune with who is coming out of college. We killed when our coaches and scouts were still pretty fresh out of the college scene, but since then they don't have that insight and aren't making the right reads on guys.

I honestly thought that Bevell called a really solid game. There were lots of quick passes, misdirection and screens, none of which we've seen much of this year. Not to mention 31 points.

There have been ugly games this year on offense, but this wasn't one of them.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
So dumb. Mind-numbingly dumb.

This team has been to the playoffs how many years in a row now? 10+ wins how many years in a row now?

Firing our coach who's had incredible sustained success and puts us in the playoffs year after year is just dumb. Dumber than Bills benching Tyrod.

Pete will coach here until he doesn't want to coach or we go 5-11, and that's how it should be.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I say fire Pete only if he insists on tethering himself to Bevell/Cable/Richard. If he wants to swing the axe himself to prove he's serious about change, then great. Otherwise they can hold hands all the way to the guillotine.

gonzhawk

Reaction score
I vote no on getting rid of our greatest coach in hawk history.

Unfortunately for me, I am not so sure he will be around much longer anyway. He is looking tired like Holmy did during
his last loyalty tour.

Especially if control is taken away from him, when you tell him to fire guys. He just needs to find his magic and really self-scout harder then he has since he has been here.

Ultimately, I think it is time to ditch the whole run game/passing game two coach crap. Make a choice here. Rebuild the D with younger cheaper players, and have to pay better o line men. We could have had Alex Mack?
Andrew Whitworth?

MrThortan

Reaction score
I'm good with Pete for next season. Not the same ol' same ol' though. Big changes need to happen to get this team back into super bowl form

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3bmhfec4 said:

This team has been to the playoffs how many years in a row now? 10+ wins how many years in a row now?

Firing our coach who's had incredible sustained success and puts us in the playoffs year after year is just dumb. Dumber than Bills benching Tyrod.

Pete will coach here until he doesn't want to coach or we go 5-11, and that's how it should be.

6-10 is possible this year.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Reaneypark":1ksb4tj4 said:
Maelstrom787":1ksb4tj4 said:

6-10 is possible this year.

It was in 2012, 2014, and 2015 at this point as well.

Boycie

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2xuvasc5 said:
WestcoastSteve":2xuvasc5 said:
Crizilla":2xuvasc5 said:

*moment of silence*

After watching the Texans game, and last night's game, I really do not think Bevell is the problem. I think that Cable needs to go, and that Pete needs to turn the pass offense loose, and stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with trying to be the team we used to be with Lynch.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not sure why this loss is your final straw with Pete.

He's ALWAYS been a terrible in-game manager, the only difference this year is he no longer has the roster talent advantage to overcome his awful in-game decisions.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
It was not just that stupid call that was the turning point of the game. As usual we had many penalties that either stalled our drives or extended Atlanta's. We spotted these guys two touchdowns. We had two turnovers that put Atlanta in the red zone and led to scores. Anyone of these things could have changed the outcome. The missed fake FG sticks out because of the point differential.

hawker84

Reaction score
MrThortan":gnmhal5v said:
I'm good with Pete for next season. Not the same ol' same ol' though. Big changes need to happen to get this team back into super bowl form

That's the problem, Pete's set in his ways, he's not going to change. he'll continue to think this is a running team, he'll continue to think this is a shut down defense, and will approach each game as such, until the obvious forces him to adjust.