Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?

HawaiiD

Reaction score
For the second time this season piss poor click management when it mattered 1:49 left. And only to gain 37 yards in 1:42? It took only 49 seconds to score a td earlier.
As for Walsh? how do you leave a 51 yard attempt short when you drilled a 48 harder earlier? That's 2 games already he lost it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
HawaiiD":2or5flez said:
For the second time this season piss poor click management when it mattered 1:49 left. And only to gain 37 yards in 1:42? It took only 49 seconds to score a td earlier.
As for Walsh? how do you leave a 51 yard attempt short when you drilled a 48 harder earlier? That's 2 games already he lost it.

Pete lost the game and the season, not Walsh.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":9qixc9k0 said:
HawaiiD":9qixc9k0 said:

Yep. This one is on coaches, AGAIN.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
It's a shame he missed the FG right before the half... oh wait, never mind.

Sign37now

Reaction score
Well Pete blew a time out with the worst challenge EVER. Let's not mention the dumb ass fake FG.. Jeez... What a waste of talent tonight..

OP
OP
HawaiiD

HawaiiD

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3ppy1jhx said:
HawaiiD":3ppy1jhx said:

Pete didn't miss the field goal Walsh did.

253hawk

Reaction score
Should have saved a few seconds and been a 5 yard delay of game on Atlanta for holding Richardson down, but hell, the refs tried spotting the ball on the wrong 43 yard line for the Falcons earlier.

rjdriver

Reaction score
HawaiiD":17c9jad8 said:
NFSeahawks628":17c9jad8 said:
HawaiiD":17c9jad8 said:

Walsh didn’t miss the field goal to end the half. Pete did.

Walsh didn’t blow the challenge. Pete did.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I haven’t seen anyone mention of the holding call on that last punt that cost us 25 yards on a fair catch! We actually had a hold on a not return!

OP
OP
HawaiiD

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Yes, Pete's fake fg was just plain stupid. I would would speculate that just goes to show you his confidence in his kicker on some level?I mean look... Pete tried to run another play with 7 seconds left with no time outs. Who's to say Walsh would have made it the fg before the half anyways? As for that challenge I agree that was brutal.

potatohead

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3mgdgzdm said:
I haven’t seen anyone mention of the holding call on that last punt that cost us 25 yards on a fair catch! We actually had a hold on a not return!

What? The ball landed 15 yards in front of Lockett.

The coaches lost the game. Specifically, PC.

JimmyG

Reaction score
Wilson was really bad on the final drive. He wasted a colossal amount of time with his checkdown throws. I remember at least 3-4 passes over the middle for a minimal gain. Defenses will concede those passes eight days a week, they would love to exchange only a handful of yards for lots of clock time.

OP
OP
HawaiiD

HawaiiD

Reaction score
rjdriver":lixytege said:
HawaiiD":lixytege said:
NFSeahawks628":lixytege said:
HawaiiD":lixytege said:

Walsh didn’t miss the field goal to end the half. Pete did.

Walsh didn’t blow the challenge. Pete did.
The challenge only costed us 1 time out. We had 1:49 seconds left from the 25 yard line to get into field goal range. How much seconds did Russell cost us by not spiking the ball atleast 2 times on that drive, while completing these 4 - 6 yard slants in the middle of the field?

Anthony!

Reaction score
JimmyG":r7xgt7k9 said:
Wilson was really bad on the final drive. He wasted a colossal amount of time with his checkdown throws. I remember at least 3-4 passes over the middle for a minimal gain. Defenses will concede those passes eight days a week, they would love to exchange only a handful of yards for lots of clock time.

And yet he lead us to be in a position for a game thing FG. I have no problem blaming him for the in, but he did everything you could ask for under the conditions on that last drives

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Yet again, just awful clock management. I don't know what metric they are possibly using that indicates there's more success rushing to get some dumb play call in at the line while 20 sec run off the clock instead of SPIKING THE BALL, stopping the clock and having a few sec to regroup and call better plays.

OP
OP
HawaiiD

HawaiiD

Reaction score
JimmyG":3fzcvut6 said:
That's what I saw too. It's not like we got the ball back with under a minute to play. We had ample time to drive down the field. Overall though... poor coaching and execution, and again penalties just sums it up for this team.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
So coaching staff blew it. Kicker should have made the field goal regardless. You can be pissed at the coaches but the kicker should have done his job,,,,again. People talk about major failures from the FO but we replaced a kicker having issues with another kicker having more issues but was cheaper. This was a huge mistake. Yes Hauschka messed up on EPs but his FG kicking was still solid.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
HawaiiD":13kjhrlx said:
NFSeahawks628":13kjhrlx said:
HawaiiD":13kjhrlx said:

Pete kept points off the board and wasted time with his poor timeout decisions. Therefore logic states it would have been tied at the end of regulation and we would be in OT.

Sorry your Walsh blame won't work on this one, too many obvious poor decisions by the coaching staff to let them slide.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
HawaiiD":3q5frjk4 said:
Yes, Pete's fake fg was just plain stupid. I would would speculate that just goes to show you his confidence in his kicker on some level?I mean look... Pete tried to run another play with 7 seconds left with no time outs. Who's to say Walsh would have made it the fg before the half anyways? As for that challenge I agree that was brutal.

That's some chicken shit coaching if that's the case. 7 seconds is not efficent time to do anything at the end of half, it's not even remotely logical to run that play and expect something better. It's unfathomable that it was even called because

It was a 27 yard field goal, I highly doubt that his lack of trust in Walsh played into it, thats not Pete's style.