What rebuilding mode would look like

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Rebuilding mode would entail using the remaining games to try things out and season the next generation.

So with that said...

Put Pete on notice that he has one season left.

Fire Bevell - start shopping the market for an offensive coordinator now, get ahead of the wave

Possibly fire Cable - His run game can produce with certain backs and with others it is impotent. I think you make it known he is on a one-year show me type deal.

Play the young DBs and let ET heal up.

Remove Lockett from kick returning duties and let him get right as he has clearly lost a step.

Lower Bennett's snap count so as to ring another year or two out of him and get that toe healed.

Fire lane...yesterday

As another posted said, this team is in a four-year slide. Without a botched blair walsh kick they are effectively worthless in the post season following the super bowl.

What else would you do?

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I agree, only because of the talent still under contract. We can make another run next year if we start now.

If the team were really falling apart and in full rebuilding mode, I'd say let's go out there and have fun, but I think a trophy is still in the cards if we play them right. Playing what we played tonight is absolutely not it. Start making personnel changes today.

SlickRick

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":25xfj2lh said:
I agree, only because of the talent still under contract. We can make another run next year if we start now.

If the team were really falling apart and in full rebuilding mode, I'd say let's go out there and have fun, but I think a trophy is still in the cards if we play them right. Playing what we played tonight is absolutely not it. Start making personnel changes today.

If I was Paul Allen id tell you let's start the process today

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1eqv948b said:
Rebuilding mode would entail using the remaining games to try things out and season the next generation.

So with that said...

Put Pete on notice that he has one season left.

Fire Bevell - start shopping the market for an offensive coordinator now, get ahead of the wave

Possibly fire Cable - His run game can produce with certain backs and with others it is impotent. I think you make it known he is on a one-year show me type deal.

Play the young DBs and let ET heal up.

Remove Lockett from kick returning duties and let him get right as he has clearly lost a step.

Lower Bennett's snap count so as to ring another year or two out of him and get that toe healed.

Fire lane...yesterday

As another posted said, this team is in a four-year slide. Without a botched blair walsh kick they are effectively worthless in the post season following the super bowl.

What else would you do?

Pick up Poyer from Buffalo. That guy is a BAMF.

JimmyG

Reaction score
Lockett had 197 kick return yards in this game! I agree he hasn't been explosive this year, but he killed it tonight.