What happened to our team?

HommyHawk

Reaction score
I keep waiting for them to stop beating themselves but they keep finding new ways to do it....we are so much better then this ,or are we? Seriously I can't tell...maybe I should just lower my expectations I never used to get this mad....go hawks.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
They are getting older and don't have the talent to hide the coaching ineptitude anymore.

Question is, and seeing I highly doubt we win the division or get a wildcard, will hard decisions be made and coaches be held accountable. I like pete, and I would like him to continue with John to lead the FO, but these guys he is beholden to underneath him are horrible at their jobs.

I have us at 8-8 worst, 10-6 best. Neither will get us anywhere.

SlickRick

Reaction score
They disappeared back in Superbowl 49, just a shell of what they once were, semi dominant here and there, but beat them selves up more then ever

Hawker8989

Reaction score
SlickRick":3vqa8mag said:
They disappeared back in Superbowl 49, just a she'll of what they once were, semi dominant here and there, but beat them selves up more then ever

They've never looked the same since that fateful game.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I can't say it enough: XLIX broke this team. It broke their spirit, and when no one was held accountable, that broken spirit was normalized.

If someone--anyone--had been held accountable after that game, if the organization had made any gesture to say "this is not acceptable," then maybe it could have been salvaged. But instead they continued on like it never happened, sold out for Graham to catch the ball on a play that had already passed, and sacrificed the whole of the team to keep a few fan favorites around like a Vegas nostalgia show.

"We've got all your favorites! Kam Chancellor (who has never been as good after his extension), Earl Thomas (who can no longer play 16 games), Jimmy Graham (who has never earned his money in our offense)," and so on.

If they were smart, they would have broken up the band to fortify the running game and bred some new hometown heroes. We kept the band together, and the rest of the league moved on without us.

2013 isn't going anywhere. It's frozen in time. We can watch the highlights any time. Let's stop looking back and start looking forward. Don't build a better 2014 team; build a better 2018 team.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Older and that means they can’t cover the dumb coaching and stupid mistakes that they overcame with phenomenal talent back in the day. I don’t see Pete Carroll ever leading this team back to a Super Bowl. He’s too stuck in his ways and he and his coaches can’t adjust to the new reality of this team.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
HommyHawk":3rwdw7dx said:
I keep waiting for them to stop beating themselves but they keep finding new ways to do it....we are so much better then this ,or are we? Seriously I can't tell...maybe I should just lower my expectations I never used to get this mad....go hawks.

I've been a Seahawks fan LITERALLY my entire life. It's not about lowering expectations as much as remembering when an 8-8 season was the BEST we could do.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2jjmvkqh said:
HommyHawk":2jjmvkqh said:

I've been a Seahawks fan LITERALLY my entire life. It's not about lowering expectations as much as remembering when an 8-8 season was the BEST we could do.

With Paul Allen aw our owner, we should never go back to those days, thank goodness!

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Pete has failed to evolve and adjust. Failed to move on from obvious coaches that are hurting failed to fix an obvious garbage factory that is the Oline . And his stubbornness to admit we needs change

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
hawkfannj":vvczslnw said:
Pete has failed to evolve and adjust. Failed to move on from obvious coaches that are hurting failed to fix an odvious garbage factory that is the Oline . And his stubbornness to admit we needs change

All of this.

SlickRick

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2du3a6td said:
I can't say it enough: XLIX broke this team. It broke their spirit, and when no one was held accountable, that broken spirit was normalized.

If someone--anyone--had been held accountable after that game, if the organization had made any gesture to say "this is not acceptable," then maybe it could have been salvaged. But instead they continued on like it never happened, sold out for Graham to catch the ball on a play that had already passed, and sacrificed the whole of the team to keep a few fan favorites around like a Vegas nostalgia show.

"We've got all your favorites! Kam Chancellor (who has never been as good after his extension), Earl Thomas (who can no longer play 16 games), Jimmy Graham (who has never earned his money in our offense)," and so on.

If they were smart, they would have broken up the band to fortify the running game and bred some new hometown heroes. We kept the band together, and the rest of the league moved on without us.

2013 isn't going anywhere. It's frozen in time. We can watch the highlights any time. Let's stop looking back and start looking forward. Don't build a better 2014 team; build a better 2018 team.

Like this post a lot

SlickRick

Reaction score
Hawker8989":1ax5mw69 said:
SlickRick":1ax5mw69 said:
They disappeared back in Superbowl 49, just a she'll of what they once were, semi dominant here and there, but beat them selves up more then ever

They've never looked the same since that fateful game.

Still can't look at that butler guy from the patriots with out getting mad

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Plenty of blaim to go around. Even Wilson as great as he was today had two turnovers tht cost the Hawks 14 points.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":wce8nr4d said:

Broken teams don't win 10+ games and make the playoffs two years in a row in the NFL. The NFL is just hard.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3d6lifzb said:
WindCityHawk":3d6lifzb said:

Broken teams don't win 10+ games and make the playoffs two years in a row in the NFL. The NFL is just hard.

So are we broken if we don't make the playoffs this year?

BigBill1945

Reaction score
SPIRITOF12":125tsu6o said:
Plenty of blaim to go around. Even Wilson as great as he was today had two turnovers tht cost the Hawks 14 points.

Here is my list: Any one of these things could have changed the outcome of this game.

1. Dumb play calls at crucial times - biggest was the fake field goal
2. Two big pass interference calls ....still way too many penalties
3. Early turnovers
4. Tons of injuries of key players
5. Of course a terrible O line.....nobody has reached the season 250 yard rushing mark
6. Jeremy Lane...need I say more
7. Stupid challenge
8. We were in the hole to start with ....tough to vercome...you cannot trade field goals with TDs
9. Lack of accountability for dumb penalties.
10. Please add as you see fit

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
johnnyfever":3ehqdb90 said:
They are getting older and don't have the talent to hide the coaching ineptitude anymore.
Very much that and injuries to core defensive players. Our Coords gameplanning and playcalling is usually weak and predictable on both sides of the ball and their failure to adjust in game is legendary, in a bad way!

adeltaY

Reaction score
Atlanta did what so many teams have done to us the past few years: play the type of football Pete wishes we could still play. Force turnovers on defense, pound the rock until it wears down the opposing defense, and have an efficient passing game. ICE didn't have 200 yards, but he had the Falcons at 9/14 on third down. The run game was gashing us late. That last TD drive the Falcons had was reminiscent of what we would do to close out games back in the good old days.

Pete's philosophy still works, we just don't have the personnel or coaching to do it any more. IDK what the numbers were, but it felt like Atlanta didn't have many penalties. That's also a huge factor. Their OL generally held its own against us in the run and started wrecking us late in the game. Our pass rush was blanked aside from one great play from Sheldon. Our players just aren't as good or the scheme sucks or both. IDK. Shit needs to change FAST.