Say what you want about anything at all

Optimus25

Reaction score
but another GD penalty lost this game. The holding on Atlanta's last punt was the nail in the coffin. Took us back far enough to make the drive too long.

The ref threw the flag almost immediately. That means our freaking idiot was so stupid he committed a holding within about .5 seconds.

I'm not local to Seattle. I don't have time to search out press articles, watch every press conference etc.

Can someone local please inform me if there is a legitimate pressure from the fanbase for Pete to fix the stupid penalties? You can have Russell Wilson magic but that can't beat the other team and the yellow flags. I know Pete has addressed this in pressers from some guys posting around here, but that's just coach speak to me until something happens. Anything. Bench someone and let it be known. DO ANYTHING. A stupid penalty was the tipping point of our divisional playoff last year for crying out loud.

It's all stupid. I want to see something in the replays that convinces me there is bias. And I see some. Don't think I don't see some bias. But when you pull a jersey, it's easy. When you grab a face, it's easy.

Case study. The PI by Lane and the PI (uncalled) by Alford. Equal amounts of contact. What was the difference?
Lane grabbed. Alford just bumped and got physical. It's easy to see and call a jersey pull. It's hard to pull the trigger with two bodies fighting at it. There is nothing to NOT understand about this, but within the Seahawks organization it's 0 F's given.

Over and over again, we see the same product. Pete is either: a. oblivious b. who cares? we'll have a chance for the division anyway since 50% of it sucks c. A coach whose mojo happyland talk has lost the team d. you tell me

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Rest assured if Pete wasn't on the hot seat before this game, (he should have been) he certainly is with that moronic play call before half. Anyone who understands football can now see the coaches are what's holding this team back not the players.

It's sad were wasting their prime years too.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":vvggk30n said:
Rest assured if Pete wasn't on the hot seat before this game, (he should have been) he certainly is with that moronic play call before half. Anyone who understands football can now see the coaches are what's holding this team back not the players.

I'm in complete agreement with this post. Is is arrogance? Stubborness? The front office has shown repeatedly they can pull gems out of the draft; what's the disconnect with offensive linemen? It's beyond frustrating and confusing. We're wasting the prime of some outstanding players. 9 wins this year and we'll probably miss the playoffs.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
It's at least reassuring to know that some one else saw that stupid holding when we didn't even have a return! It took us back 25 yards!

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
brimsalabim":z4ufzjcy said:
It's at least reassuring to know that some one else saw that stupid holding when we didn't even have a return! It took us back 25 yards!

Key word: Stupid.

Almost every damn one of these costly penalties is stupid and unnecessary. Hey Pocic, just because you get beat don't grab a GD jersey! Hey Lane, when you get beat don't grab a GD jersey! Hey unknown idiot, on a critical punt return late in the game, no matter what, don't commit a hold! No one cares! It's pandemonium!

Anything else, from the fake FG to Blair's miss, is a drop in the bucket compared to Pete's inability to grab this team by the balls and get two inches from their face and say with a death stare "If you ever commit a stupid penalty like that again, I'll rip your head off and crap down your throat". Instead he just probably plays some Simon and Garfunkel and has them spend fifteen more minutes meditating.

minormillikin

Reaction score
It seems like each loss there are about 10 "one thing"s that caused us to lose. Let's cut bonehead moments from 10 to 5 and start blowing teams out.

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
minormillikin":33nmsfjf said:
It seems like each loss there are about 10 "one thing"s that caused us to lose. Let's cut bonehead moments from 10 to 5 and start blowing teams out.

DING DING DING. Winner.

But for me half of those moments are penalties, thus my post. And not even good like oh, he saved the qb from getting killed, or oh he saved a sure touchdown, or anything like that....I mean these are just stupid dumbass penalties.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1agtxsqs said:

Bro... our core is old and past it’s prime. The wasting part already happened. We are the 1985 bears. Should have won so many more championships but only got the one.