I need to say this...

HawkEye

Reaction score
It was a good game. I tought the Falcons were going to kick our butts but we had a good game and nearly came out with the win.

Yes, it was a bonehead choice by Carroll. Always choose the points.

Now...Walsh, you mediocre excuse for a kicker. You don't belong in the NFL. You are responsible for 2 losses. I know, there are folks that will say "Wilson lost that one, the defense gave that one, etc". Excuses. Mr. Walsh, you are paid to do field goals. Anything else is just an excuse.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkEye":2dvbqc57 said:
It was a good game. I tought the Falcons were going to kick our butts but we had a good game and nearly came out with the win.

Now...Walsh, you mediocre excuse for a kicker. You don't belong in the NFL. You are responsible for 2 losses. I know, there are folks that will say "Wilson lost that one, the defense gave that one, etc". Excuses. Mr. Walsh, you are paid to do field goals. Anything else is just an excuse.

This loss is on Pete freaking Carroll, and the rest of the coaching staff 100%.

They are outcoached almost every game now days and the team isn't good enough anymore to cover it.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
HawkEye":1k3dz9dx said:

Walsh saved a TD on the opening kickoff. HE is NOT the problem.

SlickRick

Reaction score
WmHBonney":15s7cxlq said:
HawkEye":15s7cxlq said:

Walsh saved a TD on the opening kickoff. HE is NOT the problem.

Walsh isnt doing bad loss not on him. Coaching is coasting us Ws

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Pure delusion. Even when you acknowledge that coaching was awful, you're somehow not justified in criticizing a kicker who isn't performing well.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The coaching staff has been awful and Blair Walsh has been awful too.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
sdog1981":308rtecw said:

This. They aren't mutually exclusive. The reasonable viewpoint is that they're both underperforming and both deserve blame.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
He missed that by a yard.. maybe?

Tonight blows

Optimus25

Reaction score
Wrong direction with the latter part of that post. Walsh had a 52 yarder that was two yards short and true as hell. Can't ask for more than that besides a make. Did you see Chicago's kicker try to tie the Lions game yesterday? Check it out. In case you don't know, he missed wide right from about 47 i think, and when i say wide right i mean closer to the pylon than the goalpost.

One penalty sunk us, on the Atlanta punt. Stupid freaking moron committing a stupid penalty. This loss is 1,000,000,000 on Pete Carroll and the fake FG and the timeouts and by not correcting the penalty problem about four games ago.

Wizofwest

Reaction score
That is on Carroll. Horrific fake FG, horrific challenge. Kickers make over 50 yarders @52% of the time. We needed it, he didn’t deliver. But in no way was this the kickers fault.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
We need to look at this from a different angle. They beat the Seahawks 2nd string secondary by 3 points? What other team could even compete at that level with ZERO run game?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":ntpocex7 said:
sdog1981":ntpocex7 said:

This. They aren't mutually exclusive. The reasonable viewpoint is that they're both underperforming and both deserve blame.

The "what if" game is played like this:

Take the points in any scenario, we take the points at half like we should have and were now tied and in OT. Save your timeouts and we have more time to go down the field. Coach your players up to avoid penalties and were 10 yards closer.

Everything Seattle did tonight was coaching or lack thereof, it always comes back to that.

The players can't overshadow Pete anymore.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Every player in the NFL is good the only thing that separates them is scheme and motivation.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
sdog1981":298apmk3 said:
Every player in the NFL is good the only thing that separates them is scheme and motivation.
I don't care what scheme you have or how motivated he is, but Quinton Patton will never be as good as Julio Jones.

Every player is good... compared to college players. But not every player is great. Richard Sherman's understudy is never going to be as good as he is either, and I'm sure you don't disagree.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":203dtioz said:
sdog1981":203dtioz said:
I don't care what scheme you have or how motivated he is, but Quinton Patton will never be as good as Julio Jones.

Every player is good... compared to college players. But not every player is great. Richard Sherman's understudy is never going to be as good as he is either, and I'm sure you don't disagree.

Too early to tell, literally.

You could argue he will be once he develops.

That avatar is hilarious given how things have played out, is Kaep kneeling in that picture?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Walsh should have made the FG despite any coaching inadequacies. You know the saying "we won in spite of our coaching"? Yeah,,, that should have been tonight.