I suspect that Pete knew something about Walsh we didn't

harryjohnson

Reaction score
All of his kickoffs were short tonight. The fake. And then if you recall, they lined up to make a play at 7 seconds. And the the kick was short on a very makeable FG All make no sense, unless Walsh was hurt.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Anyone notice that Walsh was kicking low-power balls all night? Plus low kick off distance... might be hurt?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TwilightError":13ixk0qy said:
Or might be just a bad kicker?

Yeah but he usually misses in a very different fashion.. never short. I was pretty shocked that it was a short miss.

mikeak

Reaction score
If you fake it then WHY don't you throw an out pattern with 7secs left??!

If you know he can't kick 52 yards then be consistent in first and second half!!!!

naholmes

Reaction score
Yeah I was very surprised they didn’t run a play I’ve see them do it before with even less time.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
He blasted a 46 yard with atleast 8 yards to spare earlier. So no I don't think he was hurt

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

minormillikin

Reaction score
Why are people, including Gruden, assuming the fake was to get into better field goal range? That play was for all the beans. If Willson makes the edge on that play, it's 6+1 points.

Still, totally asinine. Either give Walsh the shot, take a real shot at the end zone, or come up with a better fake play than pitching it to a tight end.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
minormillikin":297dqw70 said:
Why are people, including Gruden, assuming the fake was to get into better field goal range? That play was for all the beans. If Willson makes the edge on that play, it's 6+1 points.

Still, totally asinine. Either give Walsh the shot, take a real shot at the end zone, or come up with a better fake play than pitching it to a tight end.

If Lockett makes the edge. Willson isn't running away from anyone from the 20 yard line.

mikeak

Reaction score
minormillikin":clwp487i said:

Yes. An incomplete to the end zone and I am ok with it

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
harryjohnson":uncxda5p said:
All of his kickoffs were short tonight. The fake. And then if you recall, they lined up to make a play at 7 seconds. And the the kick was short on a very makeable FG All make no sense, unless Walsh was hurt.

Maelstrom787":uncxda5p said:
Anyone notice that Walsh was kicking low-power balls all night? Plus low kick off distance... might be hurt?

Umm are you two the same person (these are the first two posts). Anyways there were two kickoffs in the first quarter by Walsh and the both were received in the end zone. Walsh sucks, there is no conspiracy.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
minormillikin":pcbk8u6z said:

Pitching it to a TE BEHIND THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE!!! That was insane. You have a stacked box to stop or deflect a kick and you try to run through it? Dumb.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":pzrtxd0z said:
minormillikin":pzrtxd0z said:

Pitching it to a TE BEHIND THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE!!! That was insane. You have a stacked box to stop or deflect a kick and you try to run through it? Dumb.

Quinn to himself with :02 before halftime: " Well the old man has really lost it now, kinda sad, but i'll take it! "

Mindsink

Reaction score
It's baffling. You lined up to run a play with 0:07 left. Atlanta calls a timeout. At this point, I'm thinking, "Ok. Give some time to regroup and make sure everyone's ready for this play."

But then... Nope. Let's just kick the FG now. WTF?

So if Atlanta doesn't call timeout, they would have run a play? What happened after that timeout that made Pete change his mind?

mikeak

Reaction score
Mindsink":8q8s6fal said:
It's baffling. You lined up to run a play with 0:07 left. Atlanta calls a timeout. At this point, I'm thinking, "Ok. Give some time to regroup and make sure everyone's ready for this play."

But then... Nope. Let's just kick the FG now. WTF?

So if Atlanta doesn't call timeout, they would have run a play? What happened after that timeout that made Pete change his mind?

I wonder if they were worried about getting the FG unit on the field quick enough. It is the only thing that makes sense. That coming off a timeout allows you "all the time in the world" and somehow that is worth more than 5-7yards.

I don't agree but is the only thing I can think off

chris98251

Reaction score
I think Atlanta seen the formation, Quinn isn't a dummy he knows our offense as well and was getting ready to counter, rather then have a Patriot repeat I think they decided to kick.

Hawks46

Reaction score
minormillikin":17j80im0 said:

Agreed. Unless you're throwing the ball, that play is going to burn all 7 seconds. It's all or nothing. There won't be a FG attempt after that.