Walsh should not be cut

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I get it. It was a weak kick. But if Walsh is cut this coming week, that will be the biggest indictment that I can recall after years of being a fan of this team, and a slap in the face to us all. Again, I get it. Walsh has been very up and down this year. But if this staff thinks for one minute that cutting him is acceptable, then they are sorely mistaken.

He is not the problem. The problem is how this team is constantly unprepared week in and week out. The problem is the multitude of penalties this team has committed with no end in sight. They are on a blazing pace to shatter the regular season record. That penalty on Atlanta's final punt proved to be huge. The problem is the man running the show. At the end of the day, he can calls the shots.

This team has so many problems right now, and trust me, the kicker is far from the biggest problem. Cutting him won't fix all the other issues with this team.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Nope, wont fix everything, but it may fix the issue of "awful kicker."

Fire Blair.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I don't know, costing us two games seems like a problem. I realize the argument that he shouldn't have been put in those situations to begin with,,,,,but he was also in a position to be a solution to the said coaching issues. He didn't and now he is also an issue. Don't really care where the team goes with him right now but there sure as hell shouldn't be a defense for him to stay.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The team has problems. One of them is having a bad kicker. You are against them attempting to fix this problem because there are also other problems present? I don't follow the OP's logic at all.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Most likely he won't be cut, and will just be replaced in the off-season.

Though it seems like kickers have been coming and going this year on other teams. Might be some decent kickers out there looking for redemption. It's not exactly a big risk dripping Walsh and trying another washout.

OP
OP
Thepeelsessions

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2t9lbm6z said:
The team has problems. One of them is having a bad kicker. You are against them attempting to fix this problem because there are also other problems present? I don't follow the OP's logic at all.
Walsh is the least of this teams worries. And the problems that I laid out are only a few examples. Most of them have dated back to previous seasons, and obviously have not been fixed.

hawker84

Reaction score
Dude is a head case, Minn couldn't unload him fast enough for a reason. He needs to go. Maybe not this season, but he should be nowhere near the VMAC come next spring.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He should have been cut after the Redskins game. Those misses were worse and cost the Seahawks a win.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawker84":2xiybf4r said:
Dude is a head case, Minn couldn't unload him fast enough for a reason. He needs to go. Maybe not this season, but he should be nowhere near the VMAC come next spring.

This is probably the most likely scenario. Cutting him now wouldn't resolve anything if there isn't anyone to bring in.

and then maybe drafting a kicker late on