Seahawks Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ringless

Reaction score
This place amazes me. There are 31 other franchises that would kill to have the team, successes, and experiences you have all had over the last 6-7 years. Tonight something amazing happened, it may not have been what you wanted however. Seattle, as they've done before found themselves out of a large deficit in no time. At one point Seattle had a competitive game streak of around 80-90? How many times has Seattle lost by more than 1 possession under Pete? Maybe 2 times? This team, even with their injuries this year still finds a way to have a chance to win every single game they play in. I'd love to have a team that I could 100% know, that no lead against us is safe. Remember the Carolina playoff game?

Aside from the competitive nature, you guys enjoyed maybe one of the best defenses of all time in successive years. I will agree however Seattle is nowhere near as intimdating as they use to be. They don't strike fear into teams as they have done. But acting like Pete is a bad coach all of a sudden is ridiculous. His record speaks for itself, his ability to get his guys to compete speaks for itself. lol if you guys think this is bad, wait until you start to experience 4-5 win seasons again. Or your QB gets injured before a playoff game. The fact is Father Time is coming into play this year and always was. Enjoy what you can with this team even in losing. Because having players like Wilson, Sherman, Chancellor, Bennett, may never come again. You are still getting to see some all time greats, who can still play at a high level. 31 franchises would kill to have the run you did and it seems the whole time people have had a hard time enjoying it. There are darker times ahead, I promise you that. So enjoy the now, enjoy the level of competitiveness. Enjoy the all time greats.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
There are 30 other teams that look at what seattle had and say damn. They only got one ring out of that group.....

renofox

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2po2ro52 said:
There are 30 other teams that look at what seattle had and say damn. They only got one ring out of that group.....

Exactly

Crizilla

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3aood756 said:

Tougher division and conference than the AFC. And of course the worst call in super bowl history

chris98251

Reaction score
ringless":edvx2nwd said:
This place amazes me. There are 31 other franchises that would kill to have the team, successes, and experiences you have all had over the last 6-7 years. Tonight something amazing happened, it may not have been what you wanted however. Seattle, as they've done before found themselves out of a large deficit in no time. At one point Seattle had a competitive game streak of around 80-90? How many times has Seattle lost by more than 1 possession under Pete? Maybe 2 times? This team, even with their injuries this year still finds a way to have a chance to win every single game they play in. I'd love to have a team that I could 100% know, that no lead against us is safe. Remember the Carolina playoff game?

Aside from the competitive nature, you guys enjoyed maybe one of the best defenses of all time in successive years. I will agree however Seattle is nowhere near as intimdating as they use to be. They don't strike fear into teams as they have done. But acting like Pete is a bad coach all of a sudden is ridiculous. His record speaks for itself, his ability to get his guys to compete speaks for itself. lol if you guys think this is bad, wait until you start to experience 4-5 win seasons again. Or your QB gets injured before a playoff game. The fact is Father Time is coming into play this year and always was. Enjoy what you can with this team even in losing. Because having players like Wilson, Sherman, Chancellor, Bennett, may never come again. You are still getting to see some all time greats, who can still play at a high level. 31 franchises would kill to have the run you did and it seems the whole time people have had a hard time enjoying it. There are darker times ahead, I promise you that. So enjoy the now, enjoy the level of competitiveness. Enjoy the all time greats.

That may be so for 31 other teams, this team had the chance to be legendary and it has been squandered on some really inept calls and decisions, we have seen elite talent rot on the vine due to not playing to their strengths but a philosophy. Pete and John were truly visionary's with what and who they wanted to build this defense with, Big SS that has the look of a Linebacker at the time, a tall lengthy Corner that has reach on most receivers Super fast FA to patrol the middle and take deep receivers over the top, the problem is poor choices on Offensive lineman and the approach on offense to not lose a game but to eat time off the clock has wasted some good talent that should be taking the heart of many teams.

We see it every week, why the hand wringing, it's like using a Vette to Tow cars with.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Horseshit argument. Find me a fan of a team that would be happy with just making the playoffs every year. It is all about continuously improving and being on the upside. Going to the playoffs and being on the downside is frustrating in its own regards.

Not like we have a coach that is going to be here for another 10 years is it? Might be different if he was.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2gylc865 said:
Horseshit argument. Find me a fan of a team that would be happy with just making the playoffs every year. It is all about continuously improving and being on the upside. Going to the playoffs and being on the downside is frustrating in its own regards.

Not like we have a coach that is going to be here for another 10 years is it? Might be different if he was.

The Browns. I'd love to trade my experiences in football over the last 6 years for yours any day!

London12

Reaction score
Completely agree.

It's just frustrating that we can be so much more.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Cant blame a fan from another team wanting Carroll to stay. Especially a Cardinals fan.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
London12":b4mjsvlj said:
Completely agree.

It's just frustrating that we can be so much more.

I think this is much closer to the point being made.

No Hawks fan would trade in the last 5-6 years for any other team's experience outside one, maybe two. But... there is always the sentiment it could've been even better.

That's honest and fair.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
For me the anger comes from the fact this once in a lifetime group got one ring.

Mindsink

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3up8vft0 said:
For me the anger comes from the fact this once in a lifetime group got one ring.

They only have one ring so far. You're acting like this era is over when many key players are in their primes.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It isn't the ring.

We got one, in one of the most dominant SBs out there, and I did not expect another.

We probably should have another, but thinking of it in hindsight - there is no way Carroll is remotely the equal of Beli. So maybe that was the football gods making things right. That game would have been a symbolic passing of the torch to recognize the Seahawks as one of the all great teams - and while Lynch deserved that, the Seahawks, in hindsight likely did not.

The problem is that all the scrambling to get better made us worse, and each time we bring in a Graham or Brown or ? - we lose a few years of being good in the future as we lose more and more draft picks.

When Carroll leaves this team is going to be terrible for a while. We know that.

So squandering opportunities to win now are that much more painful. This is team that might not be SB caliber but sure as hell should be playing in competitive divisional or conference championships every year. Instead, we get a lot of hype and what amounts to a glorified wildcard team.

And there are some tremendous players on this team that deserve better.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
I played and coached for many years. When I look at this team I see some things that were out of the control of the coaches. I would suggest that we look at these. We are really racked with injuries. Sure there have been some bad calls but shit happens. We may not be what we were in the Superbowl year but we can fix this. I would start with the offensive line. Surely, PC sees this. I do not know who would replace PC at this point with this group. Keep in mind that his style is different than most of the coaches in the NFL. I know a lot of you have expectations with this group of players. No matter how great the running backs the defensive backfield are they will get exposed if the line is deficient. Games are won and lost at the line. I was a linemen and coached linemen. I have been a Seahawk season ticket holder for 35 years. I have seen the good, bad and the ugly. I will take this team as banged up as they are to any of the Patera teams. The sky is not falling. Everyone is calling for PC's head. Fine, if they fire him (which I doubt) who are you going to get. It was not our offensive line that let us down today. I think we only punted twice. The legion of boom has been decimated and when we blitzed they were stuck trying to guard two of the best receivers in the game man on man.

Pete is not going anywhere. I would suggest that we calm down and perhaps look at solutions rather than demand immediate firings. At the end of the season, we can rethink all of this. Pete's style is that he is a gunslinger. He will take risks. It is what it is. Two things I think are the most critical items with this team other than the obvious is we have to find a way to cut down on penalties and we have to invest in our offensive line otherwise Russ will not last. There are tons of other issues that many on this board have pointed out that are valid but these two seem to stick out the most.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
What I hate about this team is Pete Carrolls unwillingness to take responsibility for the shit we saw last night.

iigakusei

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":13c86kln said:
I get that - but they did win one. Some great teams never get that.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3evf5tx2 said:
It isn't the ring.

We got one, in one of the most dominant SBs out there, and I did not expect another.

We probably should have another, but thinking of it in hindsight - there is no way Carroll is remotely the equal of Beli. So maybe that was the football gods making things right. That game would have been a symbolic passing of the torch to recognize the Seahawks as one of the all great teams - and while Lynch deserved that, the Seahawks, in hindsight likely did not.

The problem is that all the scrambling to get better made us worse, and each time we bring in a Graham or Brown or ? - we lose a few years of being good in the future as we lose more and more draft picks.

When Carroll leaves this team is going to be terrible for a while. We know that.

So squandering opportunities to win now are that much more painful. This is team that might not be SB caliber but sure as hell should be playing in competitive divisional or conference championships every year. Instead, we get a lot of hype and what amounts to a glorified wildcard team.

And there are some tremendous players on this team that deserve better.

Its a bit of a contradiction to say the current players "deserve better" while criticizing the FO for sacrificing some of the future to win now. I'd also suggest that many of the issues with this team can be fixed with better play from those players. Yes, the coaches play a big role in this, and I certainly want to see some changes on that end... but the coaches don't commit the penalties, or suck at blocking, etc.

It's double edged.

Status
Not open for further replies.