52 yarders for nfl kickers should he automatic

Blindside

Reaction score
I don't know about cutting him, gotta have a replacement first.

However, you are correct that 52 yarders should be within reach for kickers nowadays. It really sucked that it fell short. I would expect a 56 or 58 yarder to fall short but not 2 yards above 50.

And to bring in the kicker from Minnesota who caused Minnesota to lose playoff games to Seattle? Not the best plan of action.

peppersjap

Reaction score
He would have been kicking a much shorter one at the half if our play callers weren't idiots. A little less pressure if he would have been attempting that for the win. I do agree though, he should have the leg to make that kick. Walsh is his own worst enemy, he said he was trying hard to make sure it was on target so might not have gotten enough leg on it.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Philly had their second kicker hurt Sunday, so if they have to make a move they better do it asap

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Tim Ruskell and Jim Mora wouldn't stand for this. They would have had the foresight to keep two kickers on the roster!

GeekHawk

Reaction score
The guy's got just two tasks in his job. One task is to practice enough to remain accurate. The other is to exercise his leg enough to be worthy of kicking in the NFL. I don't think these should be difficult for someone who is competing at the highest level. In fact, I wish my job were that simple. And yet it isn't getting accomplished. 52 yards and it falls short?!? He doesn't exercise enough to have strong leg muscles?!? Holy hell. I might expect this short of crap from UW these days, but not ANYWHERE in the NFL. I've also seen enough of the kickoffs that barely reach the 10. He's kicking them from the damn 35!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Might as well give Russell a try. We ask him to do everything else.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Walsh is a problem but that again falls upon the decision makers. We of all teams knew he was a choker and we still hired him. SH was “money” and had a few bad games and we cut him loose.

Yet we hold on to these JV coaches

Mindsink

Reaction score
And meanwhile, Hauschka just broke the NFL record for consecutive 50+ yard field goals made (13).

"Buffalo Bills K Steven Hauschka set a new NFL record in his team's week 11 road loss to the Los Angeles Chargers. With his 50 yard FG conversion in the third quarter, he extended his streak of 50+ yard FG conversions to 13, the longest such streak in league history. Hauschka also converted on each of his three PAT tries on the afternoon.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/13 ... record.php

gubernaculum

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":34x4s028 said:
Tim Ruskell and Jim Mora wouldn't stand for this. They would have had the foresight to keep two kickers on the roster!

I thought Holmgren was the head coach in 2008 with mare and coutu.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Yep, you get into FG range and every kick is an adventure.

I just had this horrible feeling our kicker would revert to form, he’d choke. That’s now 4 kicks he’s missed.

Sure miss Hauschka, who’s leg was more dependable. He had his issues too but those kicks were usually money.

There were,however, certainly 10 other points given up that really cost the game.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Chicago just scooped up the only legit free agent kicker, Santos. No one really out there.

chris98251

Reaction score
52 yards automatic, no, to much distance and a lot of things can affect a kick. Saying that, the kick last night everything was perfect. However when Walsh said he should have driven it more that bothered me, when at 52 yards do you take something off a kick, it would seem to infer he didn't give it his all or best effort.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Mindsink":39670p23 said:
And meanwhile, Hauschka just broke the NFL record for consecutive 50+ yard field goals made (13).

"Buffalo Bills K Steven Hauschka set a new NFL record in his team's week 11 road loss to the Los Angeles Chargers. With his 50 yard FG conversion in the third quarter, he extended his streak of 50+ yard FG conversions to 13, the longest such streak in league history. Hauschka also converted on each of his three PAT tries on the afternoon.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/13 ... record.php

Do you want to give a kicker $3M a year?

Walsh has been just as good as Hauschka from a year ago. Don’t know what to tell you

Hawks46

Reaction score
chris98251":296t1zk0 said:
52 yards automatic, no, to much distance and a lot of things can affect a kick. Saying that, the kick last night everything was perfect. However when Walsh said he should have driven it more that bothered me, when at 52 yards do you take something off a kick, it would seem to infer he didn't give it his all or best effort.

It's like short arming a swing pass to a RB. You're aiming it instead of throwing it.

Was there any wind last night ?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
pmedic920":6isxkiol said:
And don’t forget, he also missed a PAT but got lucky and had it bounce through when it hit the upright.

That’s some sound logic there.. by that logic Blair Walsh hit a 51 yard FG last night to force OT. He got *unlucky* that the kick was from 52 yards

Chapow

Reaction score
Hausch missed 6 extra points and 2 FGs of under 30 yards last season (and 2 more of under 50 yards). You all would have lost your minds if the Seahawks had rewarded him with a big fat contract like what he got from Buffalo.

Hawks46

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1o990abr said:
The guy's got just two tasks in his job. One task is to practice enough to remain accurate. The other is to exercise his leg enough to be worthy of kicking in the NFL. I don't think these should be difficult for someone who is competing at the highest level. In fact, I wish my job were that simple. And yet it isn't getting accomplished. 52 yards and it falls short?!? He doesn't exercise enough to have strong leg muscles?!? Holy hell. I might expect this short of crap from UW these days, but not ANYWHERE in the NFL. I've also seen enough of the kickoffs that barely reach the 10. He's kicking them from the damn 35!

You do know they kick them to the goal line on purpose, right ?

they also had a pooch kick that was executed to perfection, which is much harder than just booting it into the end zone.

I've also seen Walsh put a ton of kicks out of the end zone when needed. He typically ranks near the top of the league in touchbacks when asked to, for us and Minnesota.