I see us losing 1 more game (11-5)

seabowl

Reaction score
Wins- SF, PHI, AZ, LA, JACK
Loss- DAL

Division winner

Call me crazy but Russell is so special of a player that I think he'll will this team to 11-5. It sucks that we will not get a bye and we'll probably lose one of the away games but it is what it is.

Reaction score
Sorry I see us losing to Dallas,Jacksonville,Rams and Eagles. We will be lucky if we can get past the Cardinals and I think we can beat San Fran. We Just miss the playoffs Falcons, Dallas are going to have the tie breakers against us this was a huge lost against Atlanta.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
10-6 , we beat the Rams and win the division. Hope the Vikes and Saints stumble down the stretch.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don't think it's crazy at all. A playoff birth isn't out of the question and Wilson will keep them in every game.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NJlargent

Reaction score
We went from preseason predictions of 12 or 13 wins with potential HFA to being content chasing down a weak division crown. Another loss soon and we revert to the 90s where we spent a lot of time figuring out wildcard scenarios

NINEster

Reaction score
This is a dangerous season for the Hawks and Rams as the NFC West is not guaranteed to send a wildcard to the playoffs.

Hawks losses so far:

@Packers
@Titans
Redskins
Falcons

Rams losses so far:

Redskins
Seahawks
@Vikings

Common Opponents so far:

AFC West:

Jaguars - Rams (W), Seahawks (?)
Titans - Rams (?), Seahawks (L)
Colts - Rams & Seahawks (W)
Texans - Rams & Seahawks (W)

NFC East:

Giants - Rams & Seahawks (W)
Eagles - Rams & Seahawks (?)
Redskins - Rams & Redskins (L)
Cowboys - Rams (W), Seahawks (?)

If the Rams beat the Seahawks to even up their own split, then the Seahawks will most likely lose a tiebreak with the Rams if they finish with the same record.

On the other hand, if the Rams fail to beat the Seahawks, then they'll lose the tiebreaker with same record.

Both teams get Eagles at home, which may decide the division. The NFC record should override the AFC record at that point. Hawks have to win both NFC East games and Rams to lose to the Eagles in order to have a better NFC East record.

Both teams lost their NFC North matchup (Hawks to Packers, Rams to Vikings). Wash.

Hawks lost to their NFC South opponent, while the Rams are about to play theirs (Saints).

Home Games Remaining:

Seahawks - 3
Rams - 3

It's gonna be tight.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1utu8xnk said:
10-6 , we beat the Rams and win the division. Hope the Vikes and Saints stumble down the stretch.

If we don't win the division and miss the playoffs this year, would you be willing to agree that we have some coaching issues?

Or...is it just a fluke and you would like to see the same coaches back next year, no issues here?

xStickybudz

Reaction score
I don’t have this kind of confidence in our team right now to pull that kind of record off

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
NINEster":3tobzo50 said:
This is a dangerous season for the Hawks and Rams as the NFC West is not guaranteed to send a wildcard to the playoffs.

Hawks losses so far:

@Packers
@Titans
Redskins
Falcons

Rams losses so far:

Redskins
Seahawks
@Vikings

Common Opponents so far:

AFC West:

Jaguars - Rams (W), Seahawks (?)
Titans - Rams (?), Seahawks (L)
Colts - Rams & Seahawks (W)
Texans - Rams & Seahawks (W)

NFC East:

Giants - Rams & Seahawks (W)
Eagles - Rams & Seahawks (?)
Redskins - Rams & Redskins (L)
Cowboys - Rams (W), Seahawks (?)

If the Rams beat the Seahawks to even up their own split, then the Seahawks will most likely lose a tiebreak with the Rams if they finish with the same record.

On the other hand, if the Rams fail to beat the Seahawks, then they'll lose the tiebreaker with same record.

Both teams get Eagles at home, which may decide the division. The NFC record should override the AFC record at that point. Hawks have to win both NFC East games and Rams to lose to the Eagles in order to have a better NFC East record.

Both teams lost their NFC North matchup (Hawks to Packers, Rams to Vikings). Wash.

Hawks lost to their NFC South opponent, while the Rams are about to play theirs (Saints).

Home Games Remaining:

Seahawks - 3
Rams - 3

It's gonna be tight.
A simple rule of thumb when trying to figure out how your team will finish an NFL season. The 2-if rule. When you use more than 2 “ifs” in your description you’re goal is pretty much out of reach. At this point in this season it’s not worth keeping high expectations. You will only get disappointed. Keep the faith but be realistic. Adversity caught up to them this year.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Objectively I'm seeing 9-7. We are just too decimated and while I liked seeing some more short passing and some better run blocking, we are still lacking in offensive strategy to make the most of our talent, Russ's throws from the pocket aren't that accurate and our defense is struggling in pass rush and coverage. Couple all that with a total no clutch kicking game, it doesn't look very promising. Russ seems to actually throw better from awkward positions on the run.

Having said that, we are a backyard football team. We can win any game we play, but we can also crap the bed just as easily.

Looking at how the Rams are playing and both of our schedules, it will be pretty tough to take the division. If we don't take the division that means we would have lost enough games to also probably miss a wild card slot.

I see us winning 1 of the next 4 on paper. Let's hope we get a lil Hawks magic.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I'm going to take this a week at a time, like I did a few weeks ago when people were looking ahead to the Eagles game like it was going to be the battle for first place in the NFC.

Boycie

Reaction score
johnnyfever":12g3mwxk said:
Siouxhawk":12g3mwxk said:

If we don't win the division and miss the playoffs this year, would you be willing to agree that we have some coaching issues?

Or...is it just a fluke and you would like to see the same coaches back next year, no issues here?

The problem with the coaching change is, who do you go and get to take over?

I think Paul Allen needs to poke his nose in here, and have a word with Pete about his philosophies, and that it is time to change them due to the personnel they have to work with. Bev is not the problem here, and like I said in another post, the Texans, and last night's game proved this to me.

Seafan

Reaction score
The Hawks are capable of winning all the rest of their games. They could be undefeated right now. Could and would and should.

Inconsistency by everyone, coaches, QB, K, WRs, RBs, OL, defense is killing the potential this season possessed.