Reaction score
1) cable and Bevell
2) ZBS
3) ifedi at Right Tackle
4) trading down in the first round
5) loyalty to an aging core
6) inability to find capable offensive linemen despite spending draft capital
7) inability to run the ball
8 ) I suspect the staff thinks Carson is going to be great so we won’t invest and draft an RB
9) Mike Bennett
10) wasting time outs/poor clock management
11) amount of third and longs teams convert
12) penalties
13) lack of accountability
14) inability to self reflect- Pete isn’t honest with himself

hawker84

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2oi7cue0 said:
1) cable and Bevell
2) ZBS
3) ifedi at Right Tackle
8) I suspect the staff thinks Carson is going to be great so we won’t invest and draft an RB
9) Mike Bennett
12) penalties

I'll play:

1) Carroll and he's stubbornness or inability to adjust and evolve.
2) The defense on 3rd and longs
3) lack of discipline on both sides of the ball
4) Walsh. dudes a head case, that was a dumb pick up.
5) continuously giving away and losing draft pics, year after year.

I'm sure there's more, but I digress.

chris98251

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1ue8e0jj said:
1) cable and Bevell
2) ZBS
3) ifedi at Right Tackle
8 ) I suspect the staff thinks Carson is going to be great so we won’t invest and draft an RB
9) Mike Bennett
12) penalties

You forgot something.

The World and all life except your own, hell maybe living even pisses you off !

Hawks46

Reaction score
chris98251":2ucaydva said:
ImTheScientist":2ucaydva said:
1) cable and Bevell
2) ZBS
3) ifedi at Right Tackle
9) Mike Bennett
12) penalties

You forgot something.

Beat me to it. It's ok to be mad, but going full emotional without reason just makes someone look foolish. It's especially ironic when you have "Scientist" in your user name.

Bevell was not the problem last night. He actually called a hell of a game plan. We've seen some things we hadn't seen before. The offense moved the ball pretty well against a good young defense and a really good defensive line.

I'm the first one to criticize Bevell's situational play calling and red zone play calling. But I'm fairly certain (sarcasm, it's 100% certain) that Bevell didn't dial up Russ's bad INT, or him losing track of where he was on the field and who was rushing him, and then fumble the football. I'm also fairly certain he didn't call that stupid fake FG at the end of the 1st half.

Also, if some of you brilliant geniuses remember correctly, Ifedi WAS DRAFTED TO BE A RIGHT TACKLE. He played it in college and they specifically said last year they were sliding him in at Guard for seasoning so he didn't have to man the edge as a rookie in the NFL. Maybe last year is too long to remember back to.

I get the anger. I'm pissed to. But can we tone down the idiocy ? I swear the Seahawks lose and IQ's drop 50 points around here. (not a shot at the OP either)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
That we set $5.5M on fire by signing worthless Eddie Lacy

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":3h4jj84x said:
ImTheScientist":3h4jj84x said:
1) cable and Bevell
2) ZBS
3) ifedi at Right Tackle
9) Mike Bennett
12) penalties

You forgot something.

How bout addressing his list and finding a REAL gripe.

I don't see much there that I don't agree with, so I'll leave it to you.

Seymour

Reaction score
That we spend $14M on Harvin to let him get his hip fixed on our dime, then turn around a few years later and make the same error with Joeckel for $8M.

IE: Making the same mistakes over and over.

Edb9f4b92ea96cf363deaf588dc915a0

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Hawks46":3vq295cu said:
chris98251":3vq295cu said:
ImTheScientist":3vq295cu said:
1) cable and Bevell
2) ZBS
3) ifedi at Right Tackle
9) Mike Bennett
12) penalties

You forgot something.

Beat me to it. It's ok to be mad, but going full emotional without reason just makes someone look foolish. It's especially ironic when you have "Scientist" in your user name.

Bevell was not the problem last night. He actually called a hell of a game plan. We've seen some things we hadn't seen before. The offense moved the ball pretty well against a good young defense and a really good defensive line.

I'm the first one to criticize Bevell's situational play calling and red zone play calling. But I'm fairly certain (sarcasm, it's 100% certain) that Bevell didn't dial up Russ's bad INT, or him losing track of where he was on the field and who was rushing him, and then fumble the football. I'm also fairly certain he didn't call that stupid fake FG at the end of the 1st half.

Also, if some of you brilliant geniuses remember correctly, Ifedi WAS DRAFTED TO BE A RIGHT TACKLE. He played it in college and they specifically said last year they were sliding him in at Guard for seasoning so he didn't have to man the edge as a rookie in the NFL. Maybe last year is too long to remember back to.

I get the anger. I'm pissed to. But can we tone down the idiocy ? I swear the Seahawks lose and IQ's drop 50 points around here. (not a shot at the OP either)

The title is what pisses "me" off.......not really what you think about what pisses me off. I could write a page about each topic but didn't think the majority of them needed to be beat to death as they have been talked about a number of times here. Anyways..... I'll play....and here are my responses to your two main comments.

1) "Bevell was not the problem last night." - Not last night. But he has been average at best for his tenure. He doesn't deserve a job with us. Only reason he has held on so long is Pete is loyal. Russ covers up a lot of blemishes/poor play calling.

2) "Also, if some of you brilliant geniuses remember correctly, Ifedi WAS DRAFTED TO BE A RIGHT TACKLE" - So was britt and carpenter. Neither were good at it. Ifedi is not good at it. Time to realize that and move him inside. You don't need to keep someone at a position just because they were "drafted to be there". Just gave you two examples.

Hawks46

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":pdwqk0km said:
Hawks46":pdwqk0km said:
chris98251":pdwqk0km said:
ImTheScientist":pdwqk0km said:
1) cable and Bevell
2) ZBS
3) ifedi at Right Tackle
9) Mike Bennett
12) penalties

You forgot something.

The title is what pisses "me" off.......not really what you think about what pisses me off. I could write a page about each topic but didn't think the majority of them needed to be beat to death as they have been talked about a number of times here. Anyways..... I'll play....and here are my responses to your two main comments.

1) "Bevell was not the problem last night." - Not last night. But he has been average at best for his tenure. He doesn't deserve a job with us. Only reason he has held on so long is Pete is loyal. Russ covers up a lot of blemishes/poor play calling.

2) "Also, if some of you brilliant geniuses remember correctly, Ifedi WAS DRAFTED TO BE A RIGHT TACKLE" - So was britt and carpenter. Neither were good at it. Ifedi is not good at it. Time to realize that and move him inside. You don't need to keep someone at a position just because they were "drafted to be there". Just gave you two examples.

Oh I get that he's not good there. But he's also a rookie at the position. I don't think he has the foot speed to be a Tackle, but he's not great at Guard either. Anyways two questions instead of griping about it:

Who else is better on the squad ? ( I know Pocic gets thrown out there but he looked completely lost in preseason)

If we shit can every Tackle that doesn't light the world on fire after his first year, what does that do for line continuity ?

Ok ok, 3. What's your realisitic expectation for progression ? 1 year ? 2 ?