Fact Checka One Two One Two

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Seems like everybody is on the same page about what the Seahawk's weak points are, but looking at the stats below (from NFL.com), well, this looks like a team that should be 6-4.

Team Statistics

Seahawks Opponents
Total First Downs 203 196
1st Downs (Rush-Pass-By Penalty) 53 - 132 - 18 46 - 115 - 35
3rd Down Conversions 57/141 52/135
4th Down Conversions 4/7 2/6
Total Offensive Yds 3676 3149
Offense (Plays-Avg Yds) 666 - 5.5 634 - 5.0
Total Rushing Yds 1042 998
Rushing (Plays-Avg Yards) 261 - 4.0 257 - 3.9
Total Passing Yds 2634 2151
Passing (Comp-Att-Int-Avg) 237 - 379 - 8 - 7.4 203 - 351 - 8 - 6.6
Sacks 26 26
Field Goals 17/22 15/17
Touchdowns 27 22
(Rush-Pass-Ret-Def) 3 - 21 - 0 - 3 9 - 12 - 0 - 1
Time of Possession 30:38 29:21
Turnover Ratio +5

Takeaways:

- Twice as many 1st downs on penalties on 3rd down conversions. I chimed in on this last week, but on those "judgement" calls during integral parts of the game (holding, facemask, PI)... If you believe the NFL entertainment complex doesn't cater towards keeping games close or favoring home/legacy teams...I have some swamp land in Florida for you. That bogus tackle from behind on the pick six re Rodgers/GB set the tone for the season for me.

- Those 3rd and long conversions (my wife told me to stop saying 'Third and long? Just throw it up the middle for 10-12 yards.') aren't as bad as they feel during the moment. Hawks still outperforming on that aspect.

- Walsh hasn't been terrible, but has missed last 5 out of 8, and sadly cost those 2 games. The redonk fake in the first half signaled Petey's lack of confidence in his kicker. Conventional wisdom says you always send the kicker out until he gets over the yips.

- Russel Wilson runs the team stats (literally). Not that uncommon, look at Green Bay without Rodgers.

- Not in the stats, but Red Zone offense has been leaving A LOT of points on the table.

My two cents.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
AubHawk71":3t6pcq4w said:
well, this looks like a team that should be 6-4..

If you take into account that our FO mortgaged our cap space and draft picks for the next two years going for broke this year? Then nope, this team should be 8-2 and vying for the #1 seed in the NFC.

Which I'm fine with, I like when Schneider and Pete are aggressive. But the reasons we're 6-4 are not acceptable to me.

- undisciplined play
- bonehead mistakes
- penalties
- injuries
- horrific O-line play
- no RB's
- head coach that refuses to change, both scheme wise and staff wise

Other than the injuries, all these things were and still are fixable, yet we're not seeing that. So I cannot accept 6-4, should have beat the Skins, and should have won last night.

sdog1981

Reaction score
AubHawk71":3n3qtxpz said:
- Not in the stats, but Red Zone offense has been leaving A LOT of points on the table.

Really dude? This has been a Seahawks fact since 2011.

OP
OP
AubHawk71

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Really, dude.

Mebbe the fact is, that they found the formula in 2013 and are ok with riding it into the ground. Like, when you buy a greatest hits album, and they throw a new shizzy single or two on there, and hope to cash in on past glories without you noticing that...well, they have no new ideas.

But! Pete! Russell! LOB! Remember?!?

I'm not saying it's easy to have such a high level of success, but...as it's been mentioned above and around the boards, it's become very obvious they need to inject some new blood into the formula.

sdog1981

Reaction score
AubHawk71":3brj186f said:
Really, dude.

Mebbe the fact is, that they found the formula in 2013

Pull up the Seahawks red zone and third down efficacy for 2013. I'll wait.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3cfd5vol said:
AubHawk71":3cfd5vol said:
well, this looks like a team that should be 6-4..

If you take into account that our FO mortgaged our cap space and draft picks for the next two years going for broke this year? Then nope, this team should be 8-2 and vying for the #1 seed in the NFC.

Which I'm fine with, I like when Schneider and Pete are aggressive. But the reasons we're 6-4 are not acceptable to me.

- undisciplined play

- bonehead mistakes
- penalties
- injuries
- horrific O-line play
- no RB's
- head coach that refuses to change, both scheme wise and staff wise

Other than the injuries, all these things were and still are fixable, yet we're not seeing that. So I cannot accept 6-4, should have beat the Skins, and should have won last night.

You might wanna check with 2017 on that. According to him undisciplined penalized teams are the key to success. :D