Who do we sign at RB this week?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Okay I am 100 percent convinced now more than ever the coaching staff dropped the ball on the selection of our roster RB's. Everyone kept blaming the o line for our running woes. Well guess what...Carson and Davis have shown they can find the gaps and have good up the field vision to get the job done. Losing Davis was huge last night. Mckissic is a gimmick guy and as much as I like him wherever he gets touched he goes down in that spot.

So we need a RB desperately as it is obvious Davis will be out for a while. Anyone know of any guys out there worth signing? Perhaps from a practice squad? I am all for cutting Rawls and Lacy. These guy simply put are hot steaming garbage. Rawls gets way too much love on this site and excuses are always made for him well last night proved he is terrible and not deserving of a roster spot here. Lacy...thats too easy...his career is over. Mr Glass is also finished here thank god...too many injuries and apparently zero upside when he was healthy this year.

I think the best plan at this point is to cut the fat man and Rawls right now and take a flier on someone else until Davis or hopefully even Carson gets back.

Is there anyone out there?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
You're asking the question wrong.

You should be asking what free agent running back wants to sustain an injury in their first 10 carries.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1yy608k5 said:
You're asking the question wrong.

You should be asking what free agent running back wants to sustain an injury in their first 10 carries.

they still get a paycheck...

adeltaY

Reaction score
Dude... Lacy with 3 carries for 2 yards. What an absolute waste of a free agent signing. Could've used that money to sign Big Whit instead of Joeckel or make a better offer to TJ Lang. I can't think of anyone who is out there. Our RBs are either hurt or ineffective. Awful luck with injuries this season.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Pope is available. Some of our posters constantly masturbated to the idea of him being awesome. They could try again, like with Christine Michael.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
What about James Starks? They could be the all-Packers castoff backfield.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Trent Richardson. We need someone to take Lacy under his wings and teach him to perfect the art of complete and utter incompetence.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Jay Ajayi would have been nice....fits the style that PC likes too. But that opportunity has now long passed and the Eagles are reaping the benefits. Unfortunately, there isn't anyone out there worthy at this point to pick up.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Rashad Jennings? Khiry Robinson?

Seems like we should be scrubbing the bottom of the barrel right now, given how poorly Lacy and Rawls have been running the ball. Davis looked good until he got hurt.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
I just read that Rashad Jennings is a judge on "Dancing with the Stars," so I guess he's not returning to the NFL any time soon.

C.J. Spiller is a free agent.

zchurch74

Reaction score
what about Chris Johnson, anything left in him? I really wish we would of signed Blunt in the offseason. If there ever was a guy to replace Marshawn, I think it would of been Blunt.

Rat

Reaction score
Reggie Bush has been open about wanting to get back into the NFL too. Might be worth a look. You know, beggars and choosers and all that.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Rat":3cxko95e said:
Reggie Bush has been open about wanting to get back into the NFL too. Might be worth a look. You know, beggars and choosers and all that.

That dude is always in great shape. Why the hell not? Might as well release Lacy, who doesn't seem mentally checked in.

That's how desperate I am for a new RB. I would be excited if we signed a guy who had -3 yards last season.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Sign whoever the best Practice Squad RB is. At least you know that player will be young and in shape. Like that idea better than getting a washed up vet

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":ir82f2q0 said:
Sign whoever the best Practice Squad RB is. At least you know that player will be young and in shape. Like that idea better than getting a washed up vet

There is no p-squad running back after Davis was promoted and then injured.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Looking ahead, I really like Carson and Davis. But for the now, this team needs a runner who will come in and grind.

Brian Hill was plucked from Atlanta's PS by Cincinnati. I was hoping for awhile that the Hawks would pick him up. A size/speed back who's best comparison is Latavius Murray, he was a 5th round pick from Wyoming last year.

Now for a realistic option, I'd like to see Jeremy McNichols end up here. Another 5th rounder by Tampa Bay last year out of Boise State. Bucs let him go after final cutdowns, and he's now on San Francisco's PS. I really don't trust anything the Bucs do. They're on Miami's level as far as incompetence goes. Look him up. Young kid with fresh legs who was a workhorse at Boise.

Seymour

Reaction score
Whoever it is, it would be wise to sign someone whom you don't care about their long term health. Every back we've tried this year has gotten destroyed and injured behind this piss poor oline except McKissic.

zchurch74

Reaction score
How bad is Rawls, as he is available and we are not even talking about him. We just let go Freeney, why cant we let go of Lacy too. He is garbage. I think Lacy has to go down as one the Seahawk worst pick-ups ever. Total waste of money and roster spot.