Toughness of Russell Wilson

MO Hawk

Reaction score
How many running backs and receivers have we gone through this year missing practices and games with fewer hits than Wilson has taken? That guy get's hit so many times and yet he keeps getting up and taking on more punishment.

When I look at all the RB's we are going through it just makes me appreciate Russell all the more! Toughest player in the NFL!

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Wison had a high-ankle sprain, an MCL sprain, and a pectoral strain last year . . . and never missed a game.

He defines toughness and perseverance.

RussB

Reaction score
Brett Favre level toughness. I always say he reminds me of Favre but no one else agrees.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
RussB":2d8xgt4g said:
Brett Favre level toughness. I always say he reminds me of Favre but no one else agrees.

Similar players in toughness but Favre was a gun slinger who would risk interceptions constantly. RW, I think bc of Pete, is more risk averse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Don’t forget the jaw thing last week. We have a lot of guys on this team who wouldn’t practice or play if they couldn’t run their mouths.

Steve2222

Reaction score
RussB":363vxgk2 said:

Probably because Wilson is better than Favre

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I don't care how tough he is, if this crap doesn't stop, he is going to get lit up and sidelined before the year is over. The odds are stacked against him. When that happens, things are going to get UGLY.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2w7jflb6 said:
I don't care how tough he is, if this crap doesn't stop, he is going to get lit up and sidelined before the year is over. The odds are stacked against him. When that happens, things are going to get UGLY.
This Crap?, what "This Crap"?...You mean a defender NOT being tossed from a game for purposely spearing him in the face, and then getting his ass nailed with a HUGE FINE by the NFL...Or "This Crap" INEPT Officials aren't doing their job to protect the Quarterbacks from taking intentional cheap shots (as per their job description) "Crap"?....If that's what you mean by "This Crap" then YES, I agree 100%

mikeak

Reaction score
There is no doubt that he is one of the toughest qbs in the league - agree 100%

However comparing his hits to RB hits is kind of a joke to me. The RB takes that hit every single time he gets the ball.

So if you want to say he is tougher than Prociesly because RW takes more than one hit per game without getting injured then yes I get it - but not compared to the other guys.

Doesn't mean they all aren't tough - just different kind of hits and different number each and every single game

RussB

Reaction score
scrummymustard":3lbwivxh said:
RussB":3lbwivxh said:

Similar players in toughness but Favre was a gun slinger who would risk interceptions constantly. RW, I think bc of Pete, is more risk averse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the interception regard yes. I just see similarities in the toughness and leadership, both guys are like iron man you just cant knock them out of a game no matter what.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3qnbw3s6 said:
WmHBonney":3qnbw3s6 said:
This Crap?, what "This Crap"?...You mean a defender NOT being tossed from a game for purposely spearing him in the face, and then getting his ass nailed with a HUGE FINE by the NFL...Or "This Crap" INEPT Officials aren't doing their job to protect the Quarterbacks from taking intentional cheap shots (as per their job description) "Crap"?....If that's what you mean by "This Crap" then YES, I agree 100%
"This crap" is all of the above and more. Your franchise QB CANNOT be your team's leading rusher....at least not for long. Not in this league. As soon as Russ starts rushing, he is NOT afforded all of the protection due to a QB. Defenders have already tried to take him out. It is only a matter of time before one succeeds.