Seahawks at Clink this season

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I’m really disappointed in how this team is playing at home. They’ve been very lethargic at the Clink. They are 3-2 at home and could very well have been 1-4 at home if not for last minute heroics against the 49ers and Texans. This is a team that always protects its home field but not this season.

stang233

Reaction score
There is barely a home field advantage anymore. It's an average stadium now for noise. Fact. Before qbs even had a hard time talking n the huddle.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Laws of supply and demand. The Seahawks are a hip ticket and The Clink is a cool spot to get a selfie. There are no fans there that want to force false starts, they just want the Facebook check-in.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I was at the game last night. There were times the stadium was deafening. Again however, when the D constantly gets abused on third down (like they did last night), it takes a toll on you to get up for it again.

The reason our HFA isn't as strong as it once was is easy. We have no pass rushers. Pass rushers thrive on crowd noise. We did however draw two false starts and forced a TO.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Salk said it was as loud as it's ever been for what it's worth. Still, you have to win your damn home games. Finishing 6-2 at home for this team is BAD, there's no other way around it. We still have the Eagles, Rams, and Cards at home. Could easily finish 4-4 or worse at home, which is unspeakable given how strong our HFA has been.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
I blame people like that ass hat pimp guy is Section 123. I always come home and watch the game after screaming my ass off. It is disgusting to me how many times they showed that guy on tv, and not once was he doing anything but mean mugging the camera. People like that, and all the others looking at their phones, or taking the same picture over and over again are driving me nuts.
There are only about 10 people in my section that have been there consistently over the last two years. Seems everyone is selling their tickets, to people who have no concept of what to do, when it comes time to do it. I wouldn’t care if we were 1-9, but then again they wouldn’t be there if we were. I couldn’t even find someone to sit next to me in 2009, for free.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
hawkfan68":20cly77q said:
I’m really disappointed in how this team is playing at home. They’ve been very lethargic at the Clink. They are 3-2 at home and could very well have been 1-4 at home if not for last minute heroics against the 49ers and Texans. This is a team that always protects its home field but not this season.

I will never understand the tendency by some folks to discount wins that were won at the last minute.

We don't have to look like the Patriots every week to be a good team. Our 2013 team didn't.

The Redskins were an underrated team that almost won last week. The Falcons still have an outstanding QB with a great array of targets. The Texans were the same thing at the time. The 49ers were a division opponent with an underrated defense. This has been a tough slew of games at home, and we're not out of the woods yet.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have been a season ticket holder since 1997 and I can tell you it's a fact that the dynamic has shifted in recent years. As previously mentioned, the problem as I see it is there is a large faction of people who are not diehard 12's. They come to the game because it's been the trendy hot ticket in town since we've been winning most of our games over the past five or so years.

These people outnumber the intelligent diehard 12 at the moment so you get people more interested in selfies than screaming their guts off when we are on defense. These season ticket holders that sit right in front of us spend the entire game on their phones, texting and taking selfies and to make matters worse, they leave at halftime. EVERY GAME.

We want so badly to ask them why they even bother being STH's? It's absurd. They are taking two seats from diehards in my opinion. And that is just a microcosm of the dynamic in the stands these days.

Unfortunately the only way to clear them out is to start sucking on a regular basis. It is still very much LOUD there, but it hasn't been teeth rattling loud (Volume 12) since post XLIX.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Aros":yl7ewafc said:
I have been a season ticket holder since 1997 and I can tell you it's a fact that the dynamic has shifted in recent years. As previously mentioned, the problem as I see it is there is a large faction of people who are not diehard 12's. They come to the game because it's been the trendy hot ticket in town since we've been winning most of our games over the past five or so years.

These people outnumber the intelligent diehard 12 at the moment so you get people more interested in selfies than screaming their guts off when we are on defense. These season ticket holders that sit right in front of us spend the entire game on their phones, texting and taking selfies and to make matters worse, they leave at halftime. EVERY GAME.

We want so badly to ask them why they even bother being STH's? It's absurd. They are taking two seats from diehards in my opinion. And that is just a microcosm of the dynamic in the stands these days.

Unfortunately the only way to clear them out is to start sucking on a regular basis. It is still very much LOUD there, but it hasn't been teeth rattling loud (Volume 12) since post XLIX.

Leaving a game early astounds me. I have been to games where it is a blowout loss yet stay until the end. Olive the Seahawks, I love football. Losses dissapoint me but there is always the chance to see a fun play or two. Hell, I'd be happy to use their tickets for the 2nd half!

Hawker8989

Reaction score
The " crowd" factor has always been a bit overrated. Great teams usually win at home; bad teams usually lose at home.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawker8989":2a9661yl said:
The " crowd" factor has always been a bit overrated. Great teams usually win at home; bad teams usually lose at home.

You are obviously very young or have no clue about what your posting and have never been to a game at the Kingdome or the Clink.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I recall being at the nfc championship game and hordes of ppl left including the season ticket holders. I don't have a voice left when I leave...if you do then you are not trying hard enough. Expensive reseller tickets equals a corporate trendy crowd just looking for their next great Facebook profile photo. Too bad...

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2ifl9lr9 said:
I recall being at the nfc championship game and hordes of ppl left including the season ticket holders. I don't have a voice left when I leave...if you do then you are not trying hard enough. Expensive reseller tickets equals a corporate trendy crowd just looking for their next great Facebook profile photo. Too bad...

:ditto: The quality of die hard 12's has fallen in the crapper. I'd say that 50% just don't give a hoot based on their vocal output.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":3oym86r3 said:
Laws of supply and demand. The Seahawks are a hip ticket and The Clink is a cool spot to get a selfie. There are no fans there that want to force false starts, they just want the Facebook check-in.

There is about 6 season ticket holders in the row in front of me who never sell their tickets. Monday's game it was a bunch of new people and one of them being some younger woman who spent the entire game taking snap chat selfies. It was ridiculous.

Side note I'm a dude in my mid 30s and not grumpy old man and I was even like geez watch the game!!!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
tacomahawk":2qenhckb said:
I blame people like that ass hat pimp guy is Section 123.

Sea Pimp is a staple at every game and a super fan and your telling him how to cheer and act? I guess you would feel better if the camera panned on you instead.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Ahhhhh...
The cost of success. This, my fellow fans, is the next step in a championship city.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":35apk3y9 said:
tacomahawk":35apk3y9 said:
I blame people like that ass hat pimp guy is Section 123.

Sea Pimp is a staple at every game and a super fan and your telling him how to cheer and act? I guess you would feel better if the camera panned on you instead.

Did you even read my post, or just simply the first sentence? Yeah I blame him, and others like him that are just there to be seen. If you had read my post, you would know I don’t give a rats ass if I was on tv or not. I also am at every game, does that make me a “super fan” JFC they wear a costume to a game whoopdy doo, guess they are surely better than me. Super fan, who utterly gives a crap.

I gotta ask, do these “super fans” have like a really cool clubhouse, or fortress, where they gather to make important worldly decisions?

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2abxggt7 said:
hawkfan68":2abxggt7 said:

I will never understand the tendency by some folks to discount wins that were won at the last minute.

We don't have to look like the Patriots every week to be a good team. Our 2013 team didn't.

The Redskins were an underrated team that almost won last week. The Falcons still have an outstanding QB with a great array of targets. The Texans were the same thing at the time. The 49ers were a division opponent with an underrated defense. This has been a tough slew of games at home, and we're not out of the woods yet.

Redskins were picking people off the street so they had enough bodies to play the game. They still beat the Seahawks at Clink. That's pathetic. Seahawks were the healthier of the two teams at the time that game was played. That was a huge loss. Need to win the home games. Had the Seahawks won their home games, their record would be 8-2. They would be in #2 spot. That Redskins game was the most disappointing loss so far this season. No way a team barely moving on one leg should come in to the Clink and beat the Seahawks. 2015 and 2016 Seahawks wouldn't have lost that game. That's how bad the Seahawks are playing at home this season. I hope that changes moving forward.

Personally, I couldn't care less about the crowd. The crowd doesn't determine wins and losses. If that's the case, then the wrong people are wearing Seahawk uniforms on the field.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
hawkfan68":3pjy9hi7 said:
Redskins were picking people off the street so they had enough bodies to play the game. They still beat the Seahawks at Clink. That's pathetic. Seahawks were the healthier of the two teams at the time that game was played. That was a huge loss. Need to win the home games. Had the Seahawks won their home games, their record would be 8-2. They would be in #2 spot. That Redskins game was the most disappointing loss so far this season. No way a team barely moving on one leg should come in to the Clink and beat the Seahawks. 2015 and 2016 Seahawks wouldn't have lost that game. That's how bad the Seahawks are playing at home this season. I hope that changes moving forward.

Hard to argue that. I agree, the Redskins is by far the most disappointing loss of the season so far and it could very well cost us the playoffs if we don't get right in December.

Exittium

Reaction score
Higher ticket prices = more staunch or “nose in the sky” crowd = More reserved, just There because it’s cool and a hot spot for selfies as previously mentioned. It is what it is.