Why did we waive Freeney?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Just curious as to why we waived Freeney? We throwing the white flag early or?

sdog1981

Reaction score
They were talking about a roster move for a running back or waiting to see if Marsh clears waivers because Marsh can contribute to special teams.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
sdog1981":1wy48j33 said:
They were talking about a roster move for a running back or waiting to see if Marsh clears waivers because Marsh can contribute to special teams.

If there is any truth to this I would rather Paul Allen just tell Pete to clean out now.

You release a productive veteran DE and bring in Marsh? Makes no sense I'm guessing it more has to do with the RB situation but still it's weird timing.

Pete is an odd dude, some of things he does are just strange.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
Only brought a winning team, and culture to the Seahawks. Broke records, brought us a Super Bowl. Your right he is the idiot and you should head the team. Just stop posting makes you look smarter.

RussB

Reaction score
Mcdowell or shead are coming back soon. They also might pick up jalen collins.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":3j4qu5qd said:
Only brought a winning team, and culture to the Seahawks. Broke records, brought us a Super Bowl. Your right he is the idiot and you should head the team. Just stop posting makes you look smarter.

I love him for it and thank him. But his time is up. Much like USC, he hasn't adapted with the league and is now not the smartest person in the room. His arrogance has always led to his demise. Would much rather restart with a new coach now rather than later.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":2c5ro9zd said:
The counter point to that is, the Seahawks have been getting worse every year since our last Super Bowl, and under performing given our talent level. There is a good reason why the NFL is sometimes called the "not for long league'. Carroll is a great motivator, and mentor. He knows how to get the most out of players, and has a knack for finding players that others overlooked. That being said he had trouble managing his players during his previous stints. Our players either look frustrated, or indifferent right now. I'm getting the same vibe I got from the Mora era team. We're obviously much better, and Carroll is the better coach, but the players are giving off that same vibe. We've had a lot of injuries, yes, but we have been woefully under-performing even when we had a healthy roster.

I think the main story here is Pete Carroll's nepotism. He refuses to adapt, and surrounds himself with inept coaches. Bevell, Cable, and Richard are all not performing up to par. I think what also really hurt us is the fact that we lost our enforcers on the coaching staff, those being Quinn, and Norton. Since those two have left the Seahawks have looked unfocused, and have been playing undisciplined football. Even simple, fundamentals such as tackling have been lacking lately.

hawker84

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":r2e5patq said:
425HawkSpark":r2e5patq said:
The counter point to that is, the Seahawks have been getting worse every year since our last Super Bowl, and under performing given our talent level. There is a good reason why the NFL is sometimes called the "not for long league'. Carroll is a great motivator, and mentor. He knows how to get the most out of players, and has a knack for finding players that others overlooked. That being said he had trouble managing his players during his previous stints. Our players either look frustrated, or indifferent right now. I'm getting the same vibe I got from the Mora era team. We're obviously much better, and Carroll is the better coach, but the players are giving off that same vibe. We've had a lot of injuries, yes, but we have been woefully under-performing even when we had a healthy roster.

I think the main story here is Pete Carroll's nepotism. He refuses to adapt, and surrounds himself with inept coaches. Bevell, Cable, and Richard are all not performing up to par. I think what also really hurt us is the fact that we lost our enforcers on the coaching staff, those being Quinn, and Norton. Since those two have left the Seahawks have looked unfocused, and have been playing undisciplined football. Even simple, fundamentals such as tackling have been lacking lately.

Bingo...

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1l5uj6f3 said:
425HawkSpark":1l5uj6f3 said:

Any team would be frustrated with the level of injuries we've suffered. Running back by committee, no LT until a few weeks ago, and now no LOB. The team that wins the Super Bowl is usually the best team that stays healthy all year -- not the best team.

I agree with your comment on PC's choice of coaches, and willingness to stick with them too long. The problem is that stuff happens no matter which new coach you bring in. It's everywhere.

randomation

Reaction score
Freeny had 3 sacks in 4 games in what world does releasing him fit the always compete mantra :?:

Ozzy

Reaction score
Another reason is that they love Jordan's upside and must be pleased with how he's playing.

Seymour

Reaction score
austinslater25":2fpcf7hy said:
Another reason is that they love Jordan's upside and must be pleased with how he's playing.

I think they want to give Jordan more reps and also Jefferson got his cast off and may be ready soon.

Marsh is NOT coming back (IMO).

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":2i3sz950 said:
More expensive Kicker? :)

You mean one that "costs us" 4 games instead of just 2? :twisted:

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Seymour":3euerfnp said:
chris98251":3euerfnp said:
More expensive Kicker? :)

You mean one that "costs us" 4 games instead of just 2? :twisted:

Hey, give Walsh time...he can get there.

On the surface the release of Freeney doesn't make sense to me either, given his relative production and potential to instruct some of the young guys.

It doesn't save a ton of $$, does it?
Maybe a combination of factors: $$, age, health (?), other players returning, playing DE like they want it played, etc.

It can't possibly be to bring back Marsh, can it?? That would be a decision akin to the failed fake FG.