This place sounds eerily familiar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
To the WebZone when the terrible Miners fans wanted to throw Harbaugh out after the Seahawks emasculated them.

Worked out well for them, lol

Also, stop clamoring for Harbaugh to take over for Pete. Harbs got consistently outdone by Pete's teams and he isn't dominating college like everyone assumed he would.

(Credit to The_Z_Man. His (paraphrased) thoughts deserved their own thread)

nanomoz

Reaction score
Co-signed.

People have little perspective, or respect for how hard it is to stay competitive for a long time.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2yq3xuyr said:
To the WebZone when the terrible Miners fans wanted to throw Harbaugh out after the Seahawks emasculated them.

Worked out well for them, lol

Also, stop clamoring for Harbaugh to take over for Pete. Harbs got consistently outdone by Pete's teams and he isn't dominating college like everyone assumed he would.

(Credit to The_Z_Man. His (paraphrased) thoughts deserved their own thread)
I think Harbaugh wore out his welcome in San Fran. The guy has an abrasive, my way or the highway type of personality. He also got didn't step in line like the owner wanted him to (the owner of the 49ers is an idiot). Sometimes even the best coaches get complacent, or perhaps too comfortable and things grow stale. Or circumstances dictates that it is time to move on.

Either way, I think things are not looking good for Carroll right now. The team has been in decline for the last three seasons, despite having one of the best rosters in the NFL. Guys like Belicheck have stayed relevant for so long, because they are always adapting, and changing based on their personnel and circumstances. Carroll has not done that, and has proven he is unwilling to do so. This situation reminds me of Tony Dungy and the Buccaneers. Dungy is a good coach, and he built himself a great team. What was needed to put them over the top was a new coach. Things had become stale in Tampa, and the team was under performing despite being under a decent coach.

We have a uniquely talented team, I just don't see us doing anything more underneath Pete Carroll. His in game decisions have been questionable all season long, and his heart just does not look in the game at the moment, and neither do some of his players. I respect, and admire what Pete has done for this team, but at this point it is has been frustrating to watch him piss away one of the best rosters in the NFL.

I do not think he has warranted being fired, but I do suspect that he won't be around for much longer -- it will be his own decision to leave. I've watched Carroll for years, and at this moment his body language is mirroring that of his final year at USC. I think he either tries to opt out of his contract, or he just decides to retire, and hang up his clipboard.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'm taking the flip side of the coin and saying we're about to see the best coaching Pete has ever done in the next few weeks. He still has a lot of gusto left and he'll motivate us to make the playoffs.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Pete called last game very nervously. I think Many things caused that. But he is the right guy for the job. Still.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Pete also has full control of the team. Harbaugh was in constant disagreement with the GM and owner. Not everyone pissed at Pete is necessarily calling for his head either.

kidhawk

Reaction score
let's not inundate the forum with thread after thread on the same topic. We have plenty of coach threads to debate in.

Status
Not open for further replies.